Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rodney Anderson failed Physical...waived
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1295450689305563137
Reply/Quote
It was a long shot for him to return after they ran him to the dirt last August coming off of multiple injuries in college.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: It was a long shot for him to return after they ran him to the dirt last August coming off of multiple injuries in college.

True but I was really rooting for him. Maybe he can continue rehab and catch on somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Too bad, was rooting for him. He was talented, smooth runner with good hands. Just couldn't stay healthy.

Honestly didn't expect him to be here long. Terrible injury history.
Reply/Quote
Well that sucks; makes the 4th RB spot up for grabs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Well I have the depth chart as:

1) Mixon

2) Bernard

3) Williams

4) Perine

5) Patrick- XFL guy
Reply/Quote
Being first on the waiver wire I'll bet we claim a RB at final cuts. There's usually a good number of decent backs available at final cuts.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:22 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: Well I have the depth chart as:

1) Mixon

2) Bernard

3) Williams

4) Perine

5) Patrick- XFL guy

Perine could surprise. I was watching the Florida-LSU game yesterday and he really stood out as a guy that can pick up some tough yards. Decently elusive as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:28 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Perine could surprise. I was watching the Florida-LSU game yesterday and he really stood out as a guy that can pick up some tough yards. Decently elusive as well.

You're thinking about the wrong Perine. The Perine you're talking about was drafted by the Jets in the 4th round this year. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:39 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: You're thinking about the wrong Perine. The Perine you're talking about was drafted by the Jets in the 4th round this year. 

Yep, Samaje played with Mixon at Oklahoma.

We like Oklahoma RB's. Rodney was one too.
Reply/Quote
Could be mistaken but I think Samaje and Lamichael Perine are cousins or something.
Reply/Quote
Joins Walton as a completely wasted pick. Oh well.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 05:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Well that sucks; makes  the 4th RB spot up for grabs.

Perfect time to use that 4th RB spot for a true FB.   :andy:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If he was waived injured and clears waivers does he end up on the Bengals IR?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Another career ruined by injuries.
Reply/Quote
Feel bad for this kid.

Imagine running for over 1,110 yards on only 188 carries (6.2 YPC), with 13 TD's, in the Big 12, to only tear your ACL twice. This dude's last real game was in the Rose Bowl, where he went off for 201 yards and two TD's vs. Georgia.

Talk about living with "What could have been?" for the rest of your life. If he doesn't get hurt who knows where he gets drafted, and how much more he makes. I'm guessing it would have been a lot higher, with millions more in his bank account.

Now he's not only cut, having only made 1 years salary at 400k. He's cut duing a global pandemic, where he has no chance to impress in the preseason. He's likely to gather another year of rust, with probably 250k or so in actual take home income, from what was supposed to be a promising NFL career.

Sucks, man. I hope it somehow all works out for him,
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 06:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Perfect time to use that 4th RB spot for a true FB.   :andy:

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Time for Patrick to show his stuff.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 07:01 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he was waived injured and clears waivers does he end up on the Bengals IR?

I believe so, but I can't say that for certain.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 08:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Time for Patrick to show his stuff.

Who?

Reply/Quote