Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rodney Anderson failed Physical...waived
(08-18-2020, 08:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, I hate the idea of "package" players, as they are direct tips to the defense as to what you're going to do, based simply upon personnel on the field.  

Why not also bring him in on occasion in 11 personnel, and let him gash the defense for 4 yards/play, ala Cedric Benson?

Well said, hope they can use Patrick like this.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 07:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Feel bad for this kid.

Imagine running for over 1,110 yards on only 188 carries (6.2 YPC), with 13 TD's, in the Big 12, to only tear your ACL twice.  This dude's last real game was in the Rose Bowl, where he went off for 201 yards and two TD's vs. Georgia.

Talk about living with "What could have been?" for the rest of your life.  If he doesn't get hurt who knows where he gets drafted, and how much more he makes.  I'm guessing it would have been a lot higher, with millions more in his bank account.

Now he's not only cut, having only made 1 years salary at 400k.  He's cut duing a global pandemic, where he has no chance to impress in the preseason.  He's likely to gather another year of rust, with probably 250k or so in actual take home income, from what was supposed to be a promising NFL career.

Sucks, man. I hope it somehow all works out for him,

Did he graduate from college? Could use that degree. If not that always a chance to look into coaching or other non playing careers in football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Anderson is joining a long list of promising RBs that lost the injury lottery. I still remember how pumped I was for Kenny Irons coming out of Auburn.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 03:21 AM)treee Wrote: Looks like Anderson is joining a long list of promising RBs that lost the injury lottery. I still remember how pumped I was for Kenny Irons coming out of Auburn.

But according to some on this board we could “easily” replace Mixon...

Reply/Quote