Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rodney Anderson
The best shot at getting something out of the Rodney pick ended when they ran him to death when he finally got healthy enough to practice (a week), coming off of a huge injury risk, and torn ACL. They threw him in there and then fed him the ball on the ground and in the air. He shined, but the knee needed more time. It didn't get it. They should PUP him and not force it given his injury history which even without last year looked career threatening.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 06:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: The best shot at getting something out of the Rodney pick ended when they ran him to death when he finally got healthy enough to practice (a week), coming off of a huge injury risk, and torn ACL. They threw him in there and then fed him the ball on the ground and in the air. He shined, but the knee needed more time. It didn't get it. They should PUP him and not force it given his injury history which even without last year looked career threatening.

True. They seemed to rush him back and gave him a big workload. Not the brightest idea. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Anderson is a good player, but he was basically a lottery pick. I'd put him in the same boat as a post-2015 Eifert. Just consider any production from him to be a bonus.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Looking back, last season was a horrible draft.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 06:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You must be, or have been a musician. You write thoughts line by line without the need to make a sentence. My son wrote like this often. Kind of looks like lyrics to a song. Your post's are fine and your expression is welcomed. I don't think anyone was trying to be mean as much as curious? Keep posting away playa! Who-Dey!

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 01:04 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Anderson is a good player, but he was basically a lottery pick. I'd put him in the same boat as a post-2015 Eifert. Just consider any production from him to be a bonus.

Yeah, hopefully he can contribute a bit and fight for a roster spot in training camp. I always thought he would be a monster, but those injuries are killing him (no pun intended lol).
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 10:56 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Looking back, last season was a horrible draft.

Too early to tell, if Jonah becomes what everyone thought he could be which was the best OL in that Draft it could be a good 
Draft right there. Let alone Pratt who I think was a great pick. Jordan had a lot of snaps as a rookie and improved. Sample who 
knows? Both RB's got injured so we don't know what we have in them either. Personally think Traveon could of been a major 
steal, dude led the SEC in rushing I believe his last season at A&M.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 04:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. Hi risk, low reward player. 

High risk? He was a late 6th round pick! Do you mean low risk, high reward?
Reply/Quote
really get tired of seeing these people paid for doing nothing all the time. are we just going to pay him to rehab for 4 years?
Reply/Quote
He is a talented back when healthy but he is made of glass. I was excited at the potential he had when we drafted him but when he tore his ACL again, it just kind of solidified that he really is incredibly injury-prone. I don't think he will ever produce much here.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 01:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, and I'm honest to God going to try to do it the most polite way possible:  It is very, very hard to read your posts.

I'm really not trying to be a dick.  I actually think you make some decent points but it's almost impossible to get throught the first two or three lines.  I'm not trying to be grammar Nazi or anything. But if you're going to put in the effort in to share your opinions wouldn't you at least what them read/heard?

You don't even have to use paragraphs if you don't like. Just ending each line in a complete sentance would go such a long way in this being readable.  I just don't get the rationale here, and I know I can't be the only one.  Why not change it up?

Sorry, if this comes across as rude. It's not meant to be.

D
o
n'
t

K
n
o
w

W
h
a
t

Y
o
u

a
r
e

s
o

u
p
s
e
t

a
b
o
u
t
Nervous
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2020, 12:50 PM)magikod Wrote: WHat are your guys thoughts on Rodney Anderson?

I think he will be a huge difference maker if he can stay healthy, but that is a big question.

How do you think he will do this upcoming season for us?  :andy:  Rock On

Very good talent, but he's never been able to stay healthy. So I'm not expecting much at all. If he actually contributes then it's all bonus.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2020, 10:56 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Looking back, last season was a horrible draft.

TF are you talking about?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote