Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.2 Average
Roe Vs Wade Overturned
(08-03-2022, 06:48 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Didn't you say you were done with me because I'm boring or some such rot?

In that thread, yeah.

Quote:Yet here you are, white knighting for Brad of all people.

Strange bedfellows.

I literally agreed with your assessment of him, a rather odd thing to label "white knighting".

Quote:I should probably mention - I don't usually believe what I'm saying when I go on a tirade. I just like ruffling feathers. Good to know I still got it. And I know me admitting that is going to get me in trouble. Ah well.

If you're just shitposting then simply say so.  During your little LEO rant all I did was mock your posts.  I have no real issue with it but, as I said, it does get boring.  I'll finish by pointing out that outside of the easily riled like Brad and "tiger blood" you don't seem to be getting much traction with this, definitely not as much as you seem to think you are.  But you do you, dude, it's all good.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 06:55 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: In that thread, yeah.

I literally agreed with your assessment of him, a rather odd thing to label "white knighting".

If you're just shitposting then simply say so.  During your little LEO rant all I did was mock your posts.  I have no real issue with it but, as I said, it does get boring.  I'll finish by pointing out that outside of the easily riled like Brad and "tiger blood" you don't seem to be getting much traction with this, definitely not as much as you seem to think you are.  But you do you, dude, it's all good.

Yet you keep feeling the urge to respond to it.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 06:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok. Replace boss with leader.

Trump was great before the Rona- 7 million new jobs, middle-class family income increased, lowest unemployment in half a century, 7 million people lifted off of food stamps, and many more.

Sounds like he was pretty damn good for the country.

In Jan 2017 (when Trump took office), unemployment was 4.7%.
In Feb 2020, right before the pandemic really hit the US, it was 3.5%
So an improvement, of 1.2%.

Was that good? Sure.
But should Trump be touted as this fantastic person with jobs over everyone else? I'd argue a couple points to say no.

Under Obama, the unemployment rate went from a high of 10% with the recession (which really occurred toward the end of Bush's admin) down to that 4.7% in Jan 2017. +5.3%
That's a much bigger improvement than Trump did.

Also, the unemployment rate is now back to 3.6%, and it's been at that number since March 2022.
So if Trump is going to get a pat on the back for getting to 3.5% from 4.7%, shouldn't the Biden administration get credit for getting the country back down to basically the same from 6.4% in Jan 2021?

What specifically are you referring to with middle-class income being increased? Are you referring to the short-term tax breaks that added ~2% additional money back? Or the tax breaks to corporations where most corporations really didn't give much of that to the employees themselves?
Because I can tell you I, someone in the middle class, only got ~2% more. That's not much when all is said and done.
But I do know business owners and the rich benefitted a lot more.
Or was there something else he did to increase income that I'm not remembering?

I'm not remembering anything with 7 million people getting off food stamps, especially not because they made way more money to not need them anymore.
I do remember back in 2020 that Trump tried to push a plan to cut food stamp eligibility, which is actually a negative.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-cutting-food-stamps-president-plan-would-kick-millions-off-food-stamps-with-proposed-tanf-change-2019-07-23/
The reality though is that SNAP participation has been steadily falling since 2010, just like the unemployment rate.
And that's tied to the economy coming back after the 2009 recession.

Was the country in complete disarray before Trump came in? I would strongly say NO.
The economy was doing well well before Trump came in, and he rode the coattails of that.
We're naturally going to see things improve over time after big things happening in the world like the Great Recession of 2009 and COVID-2019.

What I notice that Trump supporters go to is always around people getting more money.
But what they seem to always steer from is his policies on things that didn't involve money.
I think what he did with immigration was appalling.
He wanted to repeal the Affordable Care Act, when a lot of people use and depend on it. And he never proposed a replacement solution.
He wanted to make cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security in 2020. Once again, a lot of people depend on those.
He proposed cuts to Veterans.
He is averse to fuel sources other than fossil fuels, and doesn't seem to care about the environment.
He's had bad relations with other countries (specifically in Europe).

But it's clear you value the things you mentioned over the other things (and/or you don't view those negative things I mentioned as negative).
If you want to support someone who prioritizes money in the pocket over everything else and don't care how that's accomplished, that's your choice.
I personally put higher importance on many of the other things besides that and do put a lot of stake in HOW things are done and HOW one communicates and collaborates.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 06:52 PM)pally Wrote: and frankly, there is not a legitimate company in the world that would hire Donald Trump to run their business.  Even, if for some reason someone was stupid enough to hire him, in the real world, his behavior would have gotten him fired within months.

Exactly this.

He has to be the owner and CEO because he's terrible to work with.
It's always his way or the highway.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 07:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly this.

He has to be the owner and CEO because he's terrible to work with.
It's always his way or the highway.

That's what's extra wacky about the whole president Trump thing.  He was born into a situation where he would never have to compromise, or listen to anyone, or stand down, or be held accountable for his actions....so he decides to become a public servant where *GASP* the voters held him accountable by refusing to renew his contract, if you will.

He wants to be the ultimate boss, yet he wants to hold a position where he actually can be held accountable for what he does.  The 2020 election was the one time in his life he was forced to be held accountable for something, and he came out on the bottom, not that he'll ever admit that.

Anyways, he was a great leader.  I know a few people he led directly to the intensive care unit and the morgue thanks to his handling of covid.  I have to hand it to him though, the guy was influential. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 07:00 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yet you keep feeling the urge to respond to it.

Yeah, my job has really cemented my being drawn to dysfunction.  It's a curse I tell ya!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 08:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, my job has really cemented my being drawn to dysfunction.  It's a curse I tell ya!

Oh shit is that a thing? Must be why I go looking for smells instead of running away. Stupid ***** environmental sealing.
Reply/Quote
Someone needs to make sure this "human being" never goes to a doctor for anything every again.  They are not "guaranteed tomorrow".  If they are sick, well just see what happens.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
"You're not mature enough to get an abortion...so you can have a baby and raise it instead."  Welcome to Florida.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 12:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Someone needs to make sure this "human being" never goes to a doctor for anything every again.  They are not "guaranteed tomorrow".  If they are sick, well just see what happens.

Just wow ...

And they think they lick God's ass to go to Heaven with Jesus ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 12:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Someone needs to make sure this "human being" never goes to a doctor for anything every again.  They are not "guaranteed tomorrow".  If they are sick, well just see what happens.

I am just now seeing this. Wow, the gall of both of these individuals. I simply cannot imagine saying something like this and they did it, televised, while arguing that it should be a decision for the entire state. 
Reply/Quote
Imagine being forced to carry a dead baby to term ? For what result ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
So, disappointing for common sense.

There's some very simplistic views of modern medicine. This decision supports them.

I'm not a fan of abortion for abortion's sake. That's a horrible practice. But this opens the door to the moronic view that every horrible situation ends with a happy ending.

It doesn't.

Sometimes, adults have to make difficult decisions. Even worse, children have those decisions put upon them. Profiteers should never factor into those decisions.
Reply/Quote
Who could have possibly foreseen this?

If I haven't said it recently, **** any of you who support these murderous scum.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 11:23 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Who could have possibly foreseen this?

If I haven't said it recently, **** any of you who support these murderous scum.

I thought it was a states' rights issue?
Reply/Quote

This seems like a really bad move before the mid terms, even for a political party that has the game so heavily slanted in their favor.
Reply/Quote

every woman in America did 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 01:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I thought it was a states' rights issue?

As if they give a shit about any rights. Let's not forget that StATe'S rIhGtS is just code for 'we wanna own black folks'.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 03:51 PM)pally Wrote: every woman in America did 

Well any of them with more than a couple brain cells to rub together.
Reply/Quote
I assume this is in response to the KS referendum blowing up in their faces. It was supposed to show that red states were all for the ban and the surprising number of red state republicans who will vote pro choice caught them off guard. If a state that hasn't gone blue in almost 60 years can't be trusted to vote the way they want, which states can?

GOP - State's rights!
RED STATE - We want legal access to abortion.
GOP - National mandate!
Reply/Quote