Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football Gameplan's 2019 Bengals Preview
(07-20-2019, 07:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You talking to me Chris? Eh, I like Morgan and Ike here but Morgan? He isn't ousting Ross man.

Once Ross gets some consistency in his game you are going to eat some major crow brother...

I didn't pick Morgan.

And I hope Ross gets his head straight and starts to play with some consistency. I've been saying that for a couple of years. It just hasn't come true.

However, all I've ever done is point out Ross' stats and his poor route running caused by him getting lost on the field. Even if he does develop some consistency there's no crow to eat because I've never point out a single thing that isn't true.

I have to ask though, if Ross does come around, how does that make his poor play in the NFL so far any less poor?

How long is the team suppose to wait on a top 10 pick to show up?

I laugh at the excuse list people have made for Ross. None of it has anything to do with reality. Let's just examine some of them.

1. Marvin doesn't know how to use WRs. This is laughable once you look at the success Green, Jones, TJ, Chad, Sanu and Boyd. You could even throw in the loonie toons Chris Henry if you want.
2. The QBs are incompetent. Funny how the other WRs don't have the same problems as Ross does with the QBs.
3. Lazor was a horrible OC. Another laughable reason because Ross was given many opportunity to shine and remained dull. Green, Boyd, Uzomah (3rd string TE), Mixon and Bernard all had more receiving yards than Ross did last year. It was also Lazor who designed routes to get Ross open in the red zone and make him a red zone threat.
4. He's just a rookie. LOL
5. Marvin hates him and that's why. In reality Ross had many bad practices his rookie season making him a healthy inactive for many games.

These are all just BS excuses.

I hope he shows up. I really, really do. But if he does it won't change the fact that his first two seasons have been extremely disappointing for a top 10 pick.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 02:20 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I didn't pick Morgan.

And I hope Ross gets his head straight and starts to play with some consistency. I've been saying that for a couple of years. It just hasn't come true.

However, all I've ever done is point out Ross' stats and his poor route running caused by him getting lost on the field. Even if he does develop some consistency there's no crow to eat because I've never point out a single thing that isn't true.

I have to ask though, if Ross does come around, how does that make his poor play in the NFL so far any less poor?

How long is the team suppose to wait on a top 10 pick to show up?

I laugh at the excuse list people have made for Ross. None of it has anything to do with reality. Let's just examine some of them.

1. Marvin doesn't know how to use WRs. This is laughable once you look at the success Green, Jones, TJ, Chad, Sanu and Boyd. You could even throw in the loonie toons Chris Henry if you want.
2. The QBs are incompetent. Funny how the other WRs don't have the same problems as Ross does with the QBs.
3. Lazor was a horrible OC. Another laughable reason because Ross was given many opportunity to shine and remained dull. Green, Boyd, Uzomah (3rd string TE), Mixon and Bernard all had more receiving yards than Ross did last year. It was also Lazor who designed routes to get Ross open in the red zone and make him a red zone threat.
4. He's just a rookie. LOL
5. Marvin hates him and that's why. In reality Ross had many bad practices his rookie season making him a healthy inactive for many games.

These are all just BS excuses.

I hope he shows up. I really, really do. But if he does it won't change the fact that his first two seasons have been extremely disappointing for a top 10 pick.

I getcha Chris. Ross needs to show up no argument.

I just think he will, we will see. Highly doubt Morgan will take his spot.

Have to give Ross credit for his TD's last year which matter more than yards though, otherwise there is a bias against him. Ross is a very good Red Zone threat and it shown last season and in college. Receivers aren't always AJ Green's or Julio Jones when they are taken in the top 10 as we all know. Sometimes it takes a bit for Receivers to get on the same page with their QB's and with Ross being injured essentially his rookie year and Dalton being injured at the end of the season sure doesn't help.
Reply/Quote
Something I've always thought would happen someday. Ross will find Marvin downing his 5th bourbon and coke in some sleazy bar, sit down beside him and start rambling then it starts.."Marvin, I coulda been somebody. I coulda been a contender, but you...you....oh well, let's have another and go find us some broads.."  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2019, 07:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You talking to me Chris? Eh, I like Morgan and Ike here but Morgan? He isn't ousting Ross man.

Once Ross gets some consistency in his game you are going to eat some major crow brother...

Couldn't agree more.

With his speed, Ross can get a step on his guy, in 20-25 yards.

You just can't teach speed at this level.

I'm sure Taylor paid attention to Cooks in LA. He will use Ross effectively.

Just using his speed to run across the face of defense presnap, will cause panic.
Reply/Quote
Gotta believe if the new coaching staff didn't have plans for Ross they would've drafted one of the many WRs who slid in the draft this past year at some point. The fact that they didn't draft a single WR when they seem to do take one every year jumped out to me big time. I'm willing to give Ross a chance under offensive minded coaches that might actually make an effort to use him before completely giving up on the guy.

But hey, as a Ross supporter I wouldn't be upset if any other WR in the room stepped up and grabbed the spot from him. Having a contributing #3 WR would benefit *the team* and would make *the team* better overall, and I care a lot more about *the team having success* than I do about personally being right about a guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2019, 10:41 AM)XsandOs Wrote: Couldn't agree more.

With his speed, Ross can get a step on his guy, in 20-25 yards.

You just can't teach speed at this level.

I'm sure Taylor paid attention to Cooks in LA. He will use Ross effectively.

Just using his speed to run across the face of defense presnap, will cause panic.

Yes, Morgan is good technique and size wise but Ross has the rare of rare talent wise if he can just get the mental part of the game down and some consistency with Dalton. You just cannot teach speed. The thing I have gave Ross crap about is him giving up on routes and dropping balls. He needs to clean up this part of his game the most IMO.

(07-22-2019, 01:17 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Gotta believe if the new coaching staff didn't have plans for Ross they would've drafted one of the many WRs who slid in the draft this past year at some point. The fact that they didn't draft a single WR when they seem to do take one every year jumped out to me big time. I'm willing to give Ross a chance under offensive minded coaches that might actually make an effort to use him before completely giving up on the guy.

But hey, as a Ross supporter I wouldn't be upset if any other WR in the room stepped up and grabbed the spot from him. Having a contributing #3 WR would benefit *the team* and would make *the team* better overall, and I care a lot more about *the team having success* than I do about personally being right about a guy.

Agreed on all points. The new coaches seem to have some confidence in the guy or they would of drafted a WR relatively early.

And yeah, if Ross gets beat out by another guy who is just plain better that is fine with me even if I am rooting for Ross cause of all the hate he gets. I think Ross gets a lot of hate undeservedly at times honestly, Ross is a good dude and we should all give him a chance. It takes time with young Receivers regardless of where they are drafted. Like I said, not every WR is AJ Green or Julio Jones coming out of the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2019, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I getcha Chris. Ross needs to show up no argument.

I just think he will, we will see. Highly doubt Morgan will take his spot.

Have to give Ross credit for his TD's last year which matter more than yards though, otherwise there is a bias against him. Ross is a very good Red Zone threat and it shown last season and in college. Receivers aren't always AJ Green's or Julio Jones when they are taken in the top 10 as we all know. Sometimes it takes a bit for Receivers to get on the same page with their QB's and with Ross being injured essentially his rookie year and Dalton being injured at the end of the season sure doesn't help.

All very good points.

Reply/Quote
I can't believe no one here picked up the guy's support for Westerman!
Reply/Quote