Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call - Already has purchased a Burrow Jersey
Raises hand.

It's Burrow time and I'm obviously committed, so show yourselves, who else already did this too??
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I bought mine in 2006. It just had Carson Palmer's name on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I used to wear an old Corey Dillon jersey.... Then thought to update and go modern. I got a Carson Palmer jersey and he demanded a trade the next year. So then I turned a Laveranues Coles (lol) jersey into a Jordan Shipley jersey and his knee exploded that year.

So now I am just back to the Corey Dillon jersey and I will stay that way after killing 2 Bengals careers in 2 years.

- - - - - -

Sure hope for your brand new jersey's sake that the Dolphins don't blow away the Bengals with a trade offer on Thursday. Or that Mike Brown gets another Ryan Mallett urge and this time there's nobody to talk him out of it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I bought the old throwback Boomer #7 a few years back after Palmer, still one of the classiest jerseys ever!!!
Reply/Quote
I usually wear my 98 O'Donnell jersey because it's comfortable and I like those jerseys the best and I live in Steeler country so it is oddly amusing.

I have an old Esiason jersey that was made before they made comfortable jerseys so I have to wear a long sleeved shirt under it. Anyways, that's my fascinating story.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 10:44 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I usually wear my 98 O'Donnell jersey because it's comfortable and I like those jerseys the best and I live in Steeler country so it is oddly amusing.

I have an old Esiason jersey that was made before they made comfortable jerseys so I have to wear a long sleeved shirt under it.  Anyways, that's my fascinating story.

I had an old school Kenny Anderson jersey that I got for Birthday in like 7th grade, had it for years. Of course I couldn't wear it anymore (75 lbs. later) but it was my pride and joy. Somewhere along the line, divorce, moves, it came up missing. It still pisses me off when i think about it. I held out hope for years it was gonna turn up in some box somewhere. It wouldn't shock me if the X didn't burn it.

I haven't bought a jersey in several years, 10 ? I may go get a Burrow ?

Anyways, that's my story.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:03 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I had an old school Kenny Anderson jersey that I got for Birthday in like 7th grade, had it for years. Of course I couldn't wear it anymore (75 lbs. later) but it was my pride and joy. Somewhere along the line, divorce, moves, it came up missing. It still pisses me off when i think about it. I held out hope for years it was gonna turn up in some box somewhere. It wouldn't shock me if the X didn't burn it.

I haven't bought a jersey in several years, 10 ? I may go get a Burrow ?

Anyways, that's my story.

The new Jerseys are just too busy for me.  Old jerseys seem a lot more casual and I picture Stephen Stills and Don Felder wearing them on stage in the 70s.

The simple ones have more of a universal appeal rather than making me feel like an old poser playing dress up. Just my take.  I look odd in everything though. 
Reply/Quote
When I first looked at it, I thought the title of this thread was

"Andy has purchased a Burrow jersey."
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Gonna hold out until they get new unis. I already have two jerseys from the current set and they've gotten stale.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I'm still curious as to what number he's going to wear. There's a lot of old #9 jersers around here. I can see two things happening:

1. Burrow picks a different number
2. If he wears #9, the Bengals get new uniforms next year.
Reply/Quote
Those things are gonna be badass when he picks a number other than 9.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 02:30 PM)jason Wrote: Those things are gonna be badass when he picks a number other than 9.

All jokes aside, why would he pick a number other than 9?
Reply/Quote
Not buying a jersey until I know for sure what his number will be.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All jokes aside, why would he pick a number other than 9?

He wore 10 in high school and at tOSU.  His twitter handle is @Joe_Burrow10
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 03:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All jokes aside, why would he pick a number other than 9?

I dunno... If you're gonna have Big Dick Joe on your jersey name plate, I think a number 1 would be more fitting.

But really he wore 10 at Ohio State. I'm not sure if number 9 was taken when he got there... Even if it was, he still could've worn 9 if the other player played defense. I don't know if 10 was taken when he got to LSU. I know the NFL is goofy with their number assignments for different player groups, but guys change numbers all the time between college, and the pros... Any only whiney, entitled, west coast guys wear number 9; right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 11:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The new Jerseys are just too busy for me.  Old jerseys seem a lot more casual and I picture Stephen Stills and Don Felder wearing them on stage in the 70s.

The simple ones have more of a universal appeal rather than making me feel like an old poser playing dress up. Just my take.  I look odd in everything though. 

[Image: Jersey-Shore-Family-Vacation-2.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I bought a Herbert jersey... Guess I missed on that one.

I have had a few and gave my Burfict one away when I bought Atkins. I'm good for awhile.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
I sport my Chad Johnson jersey on Sundays and tomorrow.

Probably will buy me a Burrow jersey down the road though.

He will be the pick so this isn't a bad thing getting your new jersey early.
Reply/Quote
Not a big jersey guy.. but I have a AJ and Dalton jersey.. I will wait to buy Burrow just like Dalton until I see success
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2020, 08:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not a big jersey guy.. but I have a AJ and Dalton jersey.. I will wait to buy Burrow just like Dalton until I see success

I haven't bought a rookie jersey since 2005 (bought Odell and Pollack that year, bad juju), although I did by AJ between the season and playoff game in 2011.  But I'm buying a Burrow jersey as soon as it's available.
Reply/Quote