Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rolling Stones Vegas Oct 22
I just had to share this. My wife and I are celebrating our first anniversary in a BIG way. I've waited a very long time for this, but I'm finally going to see the Stones!!! We got tickets for the 2nd Vegas show. This means buying plane tickets and getting a hotel room, too, but it's totally worth it. There's nobody I'd rather see the Stones with than Sarah. Shady's really not so shady anymore.

Anybody on the boards ever been to a Stones concert? Was it as great as I'm expecting it to be?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 03:49 AM)Shady Wrote: I just had to share this. My wife and I are celebrating our first anniversary in a BIG way. I've waited a very long time for this, but I'm finally going to see the Stones!!! We got tickets for the 2nd Vegas show. This means buying plane tickets and getting a hotel room, too, but it's totally worth it. There's nobody I'd rather see the Stones with than Sarah. Shady's really not so shady anymore.

Anybody on the boards ever been to a Stones concert? Was it as great as I'm expecting it to be?

I am sure you will enjoy it.

I suggest looking into the artists that "influenced" the Stones. In some cases, of course, the Stones outright stole from great unknown American artists. Not dogging the Stones, they had good musical taste, were white, were good entertainers, and they made a fortune based on these things, but if you like them chances are there is a lot of American music you may be delighted to discover. As Buddy Guy says, "British Invasion? We had it here all along - a lot of people just didn't know it."

Anyway, you know how people hold up a sign at a concert with the song they want to hear? I think you and Sarah should just hold up walkers. You may feel like the whole band is playing just for you as they keep looking in your direction knowing they may need assistance to get off the stage when the show is over. Wink
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I just saw Ole Ole Ole at the Toronto film festival. Second showing...kinda cool to be in the first handful of people on the planet to see the documentary.

It was amazing. As a Stones fan try to see it soon as you get a chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 03:49 AM)Shady Wrote: I just had to share this. My wife and I are celebrating our first anniversary in a BIG way. I've waited a very long time for this, but I'm finally going to see the Stones!!! We got tickets for the 2nd Vegas show. This means buying plane tickets and getting a hotel room, too, but it's totally worth it. There's nobody I'd rather see the Stones with than Sarah. Shady's really not so shady anymore.

I saw the Stones in Frankfurt Germany, back in the early 90s on (I think) their Urban Jungle tour. Since I grew up listening to their music, I loved it. The concert was in a soccer stadium with 70,000 people. They played hit after hit after hit.
At one point they had a giant "rude dog" balloon on stage and Mick was beating its balls with a broom. kind of silly, but the music was great.

That was 25 yeas ago. No idea what they would be like now, in their 70s.
Reply/Quote
Ive seen them 3 times. I thought they were great the first two times (94 and 97 I believe).... The third time was in 2005 or so, and the only time I saw them indoors. They were kinda sorry that night, although they played Mr Pitiful by Otis Redding... That was cool.

They really just roll out the same predictable show. Sympathy for the Devil, Satisfaction, Brown Sugar... You know hits. They have a huge amount of material that they could roll out, but don't.

My buddy saw them last year and said it was great though. If it's your first show of theirs, then I think you'll have a great time.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jagger is 73..... I can't think the dude has much left, but for your sake I hope he does.
Reply/Quote
Sweet!
Reply/Quote
Tell us what you think of the show when you get back.

I am wondering what 70-year-old rockers do for a show.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 05:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jagger is 73..... I can't think the dude has much left, but for your sake I hope he does.

Gives you a whole new perspective when they come out leading with "Start Me Up". Brings pacemakers and oxygen tanks to mind....along with Depend undergarments.
Reply/Quote

I saw them on the Bridges to Babylon tour in I think 98, it was a great time. Somebody else already said this but just expect them to play the hits, seeing them in Vegas should be fun, total party atmosphere and security will be lax too.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote