Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romo Retired
(04-04-2017, 02:28 PM)Au165 Wrote: He is worth what the market says he is worth.

Which is ?  probably a #1 with the market as bad as it is for a starting QB with the draft talent and lack of backups that can start...

I would totally wait till after the draft.. some team is not going to get their QB in the draft and AJ market will go up more
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Saw on NFL.com that he was replacing Phil Simms in the booth!

Thank you Mr. Romo..thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Bengals Nation
Reply/Quote
Sayonara, Phil Simms. **** off forever.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I didn't like how biased Simms was in Steelers/Bengals games, but Jim Nance was even worse. Makes me wonder if it's more of a network problem than an announcer problem. Outside of that, I didn't mind Simms. I actually thought his voice was pretty easy on the ears and he could be sneaky funny at times.

So now that Fouts and Simms are gone, who is the new announcer to hate? Is there any announcer that is universally loved?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just thinking this may swing the leverage in the Bengals favor. Do you think teams like the Texans may be giving Mike a phone call now that Romo is off the board?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:38 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Just thinking this may swing the leverage in the Bengals favor. Do you think teams like the Texans may be giving Mike a phone call now that Romo is off the board?

Deja Vu

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't like how biased Simms was in Steelers/Bengals games, but Jim Nance was even worse. Makes me wonder if it's more of a network problem than an announcer problem. Outside of that, I didn't mind Simms. I actually thought his voice was pretty easy on the ears and he could be sneaky funny at times.

So now that Fouts and Simms are gone, who is the new announcer to hate? Is there any announcer that is universally loved?

I like Gruden the best.  :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
now if fox would replace aikman
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't like how biased Simms was in Steelers/Bengals games, but Jim Nance was even worse. Makes me wonder if it's more of a network problem than an announcer problem. Outside of that, I didn't mind Simms. I actually thought his voice was pretty easy on the ears and he could be sneaky funny at times.

Yes, it's the remote control with the button that turns the sound off in favor of the radio. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Tony Romo in the broadcast booth: He'll fumble the microphone and separate his shoulder picking it up off the floor.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't like how biased Simms was in Steelers/Bengals games, but Jim Nance was even worse. Makes me wonder if it's more of a network problem than an announcer problem. Outside of that, I didn't mind Simms. I actually thought his voice was pretty easy on the ears and he could be sneaky funny at times.

I can't even stand Jim Nantz doing golf anymore. I think his prattling detracts from The Masters.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 02:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No. Teams won't pay what Mike wants, and I don't think that changes with Romo gone. The teams in the market for Romo were the Broncos and Texans. I think the Broncos will stay with Siemien, who had a promising first season (3400 yards, 18 TDs, 84.6 rating). The Texans may look to the draft, but could be a player if it doesn't shake out in their favor.

McCarron isn't getting a 1st round pick no matter what though. I could maybe see a 2nd with some other pick thrown in if a team gets really desperate. I don't think Mike will give him up for such an offer though. Mike probably views McCarron as cheap (and good) insurance for Dalton, and a free compensatory pick later. We all know how much Mikey loves his compensatory picks.

You'd think he'd want to do right by McCarron though, considering how much of a loving and caring guy he supposedly is.  Whatever

Browns have show interest and so lets talk pick 33.....That # 1 pick in Round 2 is like a first round to me.....If Bengals had Pick 9, Pick 33 and Pick 41....I would trade him for Pick 33.....McCarron in his last year, Dalton is our starter, we can always find a back-up.  I wouldn't mind RG3 if he is willing to accept back up QB pay. .....Pick 33 is like getting an extra first round pick Mike Brown, and you should do it.  Otherwise McCarron walks end of season and we get nothing.  Pick 33 should be one heck of a player.  For example if we get the LSU RB at pick 9, we can still get a monster LB or D Lineman at pick 33 and follow right back up at pick 41 on a top player.  We aren't even in Round 3 yet.     If Cleveland offers us pick 33, I do it. .....If they offer first pick in round 3 which is just like around 2, I trade him,  grab the phone and see if RG3 or any other past starters want a second chance in NFL at back-up pay. I would not rule out Tebow or any past starters job hunting.   I myself feel RG3 was poorly coached on the old thinking blacks aren't smart and can't throw so must run.   I would give RG3 a chance at back-up but telling him he is here to throw, and this black QB running is old school and he is here to show NFL he can throw the ball as good as white QB's.  I just think he has been poorly coached and could be a good back-up if coached right.  If coached right he could end up somebodys starter.  His first coach at Washington was a fool. 

So if Cleveland does offer pick 33 or pick 65 to Bengals they should take it and talk an ex starter into coming here at back-up pay for another crack at NFL. Myself, I think RG3 picked right after Luck was coached by a fool running wishbone plays because RG3 was black. Those wishbone plays don't work in NFL and only get a QB killed. Such a waste of number 2 pick in the draft. A good coach could get more out of RG3 because he really can throw. It is fair to throw the race card because it is true. The NFL has always considered white QBs as passers and black QBs as runners and it's just stupid thinking. RG3 needs a chance to just pass, and if we trade McCarron, hey, come in here and just pass. You would think Warren Moon showed NFL a black QB can throw the ball. I'll guarantee you RG3 got most of his injuries running. That is because Dick Butkus said defense players work for a paycheck also. A QB may run once or twice on me but third time I'm putting him in the hospital. That was true then and it is true today. This is why RG3 must become a passer, not a runner. He has enough arm to back-up Dalton and be coached up right.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Ha!

I remember when I was laughed at on here for even saying that Romo should be looking over his shoulder, and go figure that he doesn't play another down in the NFL!

I believe the comment was something like "you've made some bad posts, but this one takes the cake!"

Hilarious

I'm not calling anyone out or anything, I'm just tooting my own horn!

Romo was a solid quarterback, but he never stood out as a guy that just "WOWED" me.

He had a solid career, but I don't think that anything he did was HOF worthy, including never winning the big one, which I know some quarterbacks don't need that (i.e. Marino), but I just don't put Romo anywhere near on that level.

He got a lot of spotlight because he was in Dallas, but he had a lot of weapons and never could get the ultimate job done (2-4 in the playoffs, I think).
Reply/Quote