Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Rivera as potential DC
The defense has shown signs of life over the last couple of weeks. Hey, they've moved from 32 to 31 in total defense. But Ron Rivera has just be fired from the Panthers Assuming he doesn't get another HC gig, which he is likely to get. I can't help but think he would be an upgrade over Lou.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
You just gotta think that teams like the Redskins, Jets, Browns, Bears and others would likely see him as a great HC option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
While I would love the hire, I don't see Rivera taking a step backwards to be an assistant next year.  He's been to the SB and won two AP Coach of the Year awards as a HC.  I think he will hold out for another HC gig and possibly take next year off if it doesn't come.
Reply/Quote
I doubt that he would come here to be a DC and work for the Brown family.

Also, Lou is pretty tight with Zac. I doubt that he gets fired.
Reply/Quote
I'm going to get flamed for this and honestly I would blame anyone for it but...

Can we higher him as HC and have h bring Can with him. See if they turn their respective careers around. Draft chase young inst of a QB and lets build around mixon chase and see other Young guns while using cam as a bridge till we get another QB.

And don't think that I think cam is necessarily an upgrade over Andy at this point. It's more that I feel each of them might do better with a change of scenery. Trade Andy to Chicago or something.
Reply/Quote
Would love to have him as a DC. I think he'll probably end up as a head coach but I don't blame people for saying this would be a good move.

Reply/Quote
He can do better.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 06:37 PM)pally Wrote: The defense has shown signs of life over the last couple of weeks. Hey, they've moved from 32 to 31 in total defense.  But Ron Rivera has just be fired from the Panthers  Assuming he doesn't get another HC gig,  which he is likely to get. I can't help but think he would be an upgrade over Lou.

The Defense is Tied for 3rd in points allowed the last few games.  But Rivera would be a good hire if the Bengals decide to move on from Sweet Lou.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You just gotta think that teams like the Redskins, Jets, Browns, Bears and others would likely see him as a great HC option.

(12-03-2019, 07:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: While I would love the hire, I don't see Rivera taking a step backwards to be an assistant next year.  He's been to the SB and won two AP Coach of the Year awards as a HC.  I think he will hold out for another HC gig and possibly take next year off if it doesn't come.

This ^^^

He won't be a DC again, only a HC.
Reply/Quote
He’s gonna get a HC job somewhere. There’s also no way we’d pay him what he wants to be a DC. It’s definitely more than Zac Taylor’s HC salary.
Reply/Quote
Riverboat Ron has to have waaaaayyy too many contacts and friends in the NFL to come here and work under ZT.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 10:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Defense is Tied for 3rd in points allowed the last few games.  But Rivera would be a good hire if the Bengals decide to move on from Sweet Lou.  

If only we could play bad offenses every week.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 10:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If only we could play bad offenses every week.

The Jets scored 34 points a game for a couple games coming in to play the Bengals and I think Raiders have top 17 offense in league.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
There's most likely going to be a bunch of HC openings at the end of this season.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 10:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The Jets scored 34 points a game for a couple games coming in to play the Bengals and I think Raiders have top 17 offense in league.  

Jets are 31st in total offense. Steelers 28th and they had a 4th string QB...who let a 90 yard drive.

The Raiders? Scored 9 points this week. 3 points the week before. 10 points against us. Not exactly playing great.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 10:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Riverboat Ron has to have waaaaayyy too many contacts and friends in the NFL to come here and work under ZT.

I'm thinking that maybe Cowher will coach our Special Teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jets are 31st in total offense. Steelers 28th and they had a 4th string QB...who let a 90 yard drive.

The Raiders? Scored 9 points this week. 3 points the week before. 10 points against us. Not exactly playing great.

Defense is playing alot better even if you try to look at from a glass half empty view. They played bad offenses earlier in the season too and those offense moved the ball fairly easily against the Bengals defense. Lately they are making stops, getting their hands on balls, and pressuring the QB it doesnt matter what ranked the offense is that is a good thing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 11:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jets are 31st in total offense. Steelers 28th and they had a 4th string QB...who let a 90 yard drive.

Jets also played without their starting QB for over a month, played with 3rd string QB Luke Falk for a few games, but you keep glossing over that fact for some reason. Hmm

Since Darnold has returned to the lineup, their offense has improved. Gee, I wonder why?

The Raiders scored 3 against the number 7 defense in the league, the Jets. They scored 9 against the 16th points allowed D...coupled with the number 3 offense that doesn't allow you on the field very much in KC, and 10 against our improving defense. But hey, why delve into any numbers when you have an agenda to push?

It won't kill you to admit the team is beginning to show signs of life even though it's much too late. Go on, try a *little* bit of positivity and see if the sky falls. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2019, 11:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's most likely going to be a bunch of HC openings at the end of this season.

Maybe even here.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2019, 08:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe even here.....

He gets a beat down and loses both Browns games it wouldn't shock me. Unfortunately that's MB's measuring stick.
Reply/Quote