Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ron Torbert is the Referee
Our nemesis from the Super Bowl, Ron Torbert, has been named the referee for the AFCC game. On the positive side, his crew has called the 4th fewest penalties among all crews. He also tends to call more penalties on the home team than the visitors.

We saw him just a couple of weeks ago for the week 18 game against the Ravens.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Does he even have his regular crew in the playoffs? At least we know Tee can pull a guy’s helmet down over his face to catch a ball. Ninja
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Strangely, I was hoping for Cheffers again. He let them play in Buffalo and called a pretty clean game , plus the Chiefs' fans HATE, HATE, HATE Cheffers with every fiber of their wicked beings.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:05 PM)pally Wrote: Our nemesis from the Super Bowl, Ron Torbert, has been named the referee for the AFCC game.  On the positive side, his crew has called the 4th fewest penalties among all crews.  He also tends to call more penalties on the home team than the visitors.

Who was the Ref and crew from the infamous Bengals/Squeelers playoff game where Joey Porter's punk ass went out onto the field and started crap with Burfict and Pac-Man?

That's the only crew I'd ever be worried about.  

Also, I thought the crew in Buffalo did a great job and let the team play.  I'm just happy we jumped out to a 14-0 lead with our first two touches so they couldn't get involved towards the end. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:12 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Strangely, I was hoping for Cheffers again. He let them play in Buffalo and called a pretty clean game , plus the Chiefs' fans HATE, HATE, HATE Cheffers with every fiber of their wicked beings.

After your multi day tirade this past week about how we were screwed because Cheffers was reffing the game? 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:24 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Who was the Ref and crew from the infamous Bengals/Squeelers playoff game where Joey Porter's punk ass went out onto the field and started crap with Burfict and Pac-Man?

That's the only crew I'd ever be worried about.  

Also, I thought the crew in Buffalo did a great job and let the team play.  I'm just happy we jumped out to a 14-0 lead with our first two touches so they couldn't get involved towards the end. 

that was John Parry and he has since retired

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:43 PM)pally Wrote: that was John Parry and he has since retired

That was a clown car show of a Ref and crew!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:12 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Strangely, I was hoping for Cheffers again. He let them play in Buffalo and called a pretty clean game , plus the Chiefs' fans HATE, HATE, HATE Cheffers with every fiber of their wicked beings.

Football Zebras is saying Cheffers is likely choice for the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
sounds rigged
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:05 PM)pally Wrote: Our nemesis from the Super Bowl, Ron Torbert, has been named the referee for the AFCC game.  On the positive side, his crew has called the 4th fewest penalties among all crews.  He also tends to call more penalties on the home team than the visitors.

Screw this asshat. He's the one that totally changed the way they were calling the SAuper Bowl with 2 minutes left in the game, and went from "letting them play" to making it a flag-fest and called the BS PI on Wilson that basically cost us the Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
This crew ***** sucked during the Super Bowl.

Should be fun on Sunday!
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:48 AM)Big Boss Wrote: This crew ***** sucked during the Super Bowl.

Should be fun on Sunday!

Remember it is an all star crew not a complete repeat from the Super Bowl

Reply/Quote
This could be a long damn day with this crew in charge.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote

Hope they surprise us like Cheffers did and let the teams play for the most part.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:17 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: Football Zebras is saying Cheffers is likely choice for the Super Bowl.

and it has now been announced that Cheffers will ref the Super Bowl.

The rest of Cheffers’ crew in Arizona will be made up of umpire Roy Ellison, down judge Jerod Phillips, line judge Jeff Bergman, field judge John Jenkinsside judge Eugene Hall, back judge Dino Paganelli, and replay official Mark Butterworth.

Ellison, Bergman, Hall, and Paganelli have also worked two other Super Bowls. Phillips, Jenkins, and Butterworth will be working in the Super Bowl for the first time.

Jenkins and Paganelli also worked the Bills game with Cheffers

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:16 PM)pally Wrote: and it has now been announced that Cheffers will ref the Super Bowl.

The rest of Cheffers’ crew in Arizona will be made up of umpire Roy Ellison, down judge Jerod Phillips, line judge Jeff Bergman, field judge John Jenkinsside judge Eugene Hall, back judge Dino Paganelli, and replay official Mark Butterworth.

Ellison, Bergman, Hall, and Paganelli have also worked two other Super Bowls. Phillips, Jenkins, and Butterworth will be working in the Super Bowl for the first time.

Jenkins and Paganelli also worked the Bills game with Cheffers

Thanks for the update. The concern for the Bills game was Cheffers' rather pronounced tendency of calls favoring the home team. That will not come into effect for the Super Bowl. I think the good job the Cheffers team did for the Bengals-Bills game probably looked good to the league. Of course, Kansas City Chiefs fans despise the guy, so they are probably wondering how Cheffers was given the Super Bowl assignment.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:59 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thanks for the update. The concern for the Bills game was Cheffers' rather pronounced tendency of calls favoring the home team. That will not come into effect for the Super Bowl. I think the good job the Cheffers team did for the Bengals-Bills game probably looked good to the league. Of course, Kansas City Chiefs fans despise the guy, so they are probably wondering how Cheffers was given the Super Bowl assignment.

It won't matter to Chiefs fans after Sunday, because they'll be watching the Bengals in the Super Bowl again
Reply/Quote