Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronda Rousey: "Don't Cry"
The baddest woman on the planet made her opponent eat her words...and then mocked her with them. LOL

[Image: hi-res-adee140b42eca6f0cc14109cb9321595_...h=506&q=75]

"I said the exact same thing she was saying to me at the weigh-ins when she was screaming in my face at weigh-ins. She was saying 'Don't cry'.

So I turned around to her after I knocked her out and I said 'Don't cry'.

I consider the matter settled. I'm not going to have to think about her ever again after this day and I'm sure she'll have to think about me plenty. As far as I'm concerned, it's over and done with."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2537762-ronda-rousey-tells-bethe-correia-dont-cry-after-34-second-fight-at-ufc-190?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Reply/Quote
Shades of Ali and "What's my name"?

Rousey definitely isn't a DNB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Push the wrong button, you get a response that you may not have expected..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
She is a badass but I wonder what would happen if someone actually gives her a challenge ?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
1. Wasn't Correia an accountant like 3 years ago? The UFC's 135 division consists of Rousey and a bunch of cans. Bethe did have a blue belt in BJJ though, I guess that's something Rolleyes

2. Rousey can't be "the baddest woman on the planet" as long as Cristiane Justino is alive. Cyborg would kill her.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 09:16 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. Wasn't Correia an accountant like 3 years ago? The UFC's 135 division consists of Rousey and a bunch of cans. Bethe did have a blue belt in BJJ though, I guess that's something  Rolleyes

2. Rousey can't be "the baddest woman on the planet" as long as Cristiane Justino is alive. Cyborg would kill her.

Except cyborg can't pass the drug screenings.....thus.....
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 09:52 AM)Stewy Wrote: Except cyborg can't pass the drug screenings.....thus.....

Cyborg pissed hot what, 1 time in her life? She's been randomly tested for the past 4 years with nothing but clean results. Saying "she can't pass the drug screenings" because of 1 failed test 4 years ago is sort of silly.

Juice or no juice, Cyborg still kills Ronda. Money isn't the only reason that Rousey gave up her #1 contender shot against Cyborg to go to the UFC to crush cans at 135.
Reply/Quote
I agree, Cyborg will knock Rowdy out cold. Rousey cannot take a punch. I think it was Meisha Tate or Sarah McCann that proved that. She popped Rousey once that stunned her bad. Made her knees wobbly but then she made a mistake and Rousey hip threw her and once it got to the ground, it was all over. Rousey recovered while she was laying on top of her and then went in for her arm bar.
If Rousey can get Cyborg to the ground, then it'll be a different fight, but I have my serious doubts if she can get close enough to her. Cyborg will unleash hell and KO Rousey in the first round.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I understand the motives but it's a crying shame the UFC won't give us a 140 l. catch weight fight between the two.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:55 AM)nevergonnachange Wrote: I understand the motives but it's a crying shame the UFC won't give us a 140 l. catch weight fight between the two.

Yeah, it's a huge sell no matter what, but obviously they want it to be a title fight. Since they don't have a 145 division for women, it pretty much has to be at 135 for it to make sense for the company. Dana has already said publicly that the fight will either happen at 135 or not at all, it's unfortunate that we may never see it happen.

On the bright side, Cyborg is dropping to 140 for a fight later this year to hopefully help prepare her eventual drop to 135 to fight Ronda in early 2016. I just hope the weight cut doesn't hurt her abilities, 10 pounds is a HUGE amount to cut when she's already walking around much heavier than the 145 she has to cut down to now.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 09:16 AM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. Wasn't Correia an accountant like 3 years ago? The UFC's 135 division consists of Rousey and a bunch of cans. Bethe did have a blue belt in BJJ though, I guess that's something  Rolleyes

Oh here we go with this Cyborg junk..

Justino is so roided up that she cant manage to lose 10 pounds. That's bad. Have you ever had to lose 10 pounds? I can lose it in less than two weeks. There's a reason why Cyborg cant make that weight, because its 10 pounds of pure HGH soaked muscle. If she wanted this fight bad enough she would have weaned herself of the juice and made the weight by now, I mean she's only had like two years to do it.

You ever wonder why Invicta isn't a big of draw as the UFC, because its the talent level. UFC has the better athletes theres no debate. So if Rousey is running through a UFC division full of scrubs, then what does that say about Cyborg in Invicta.

Stop defending Cyborg like the MMA universe is hindering her from getting to this fight. She has had a long time to make this happen and made no attempts to get close, to me that says she doesn't want it to happen.

She fights a 140 catchweight fight soon, my guess is she's gassed easily.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:06 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I agree, Cyborg will knock Rowdy out cold.  Rousey cannot take a punch.  I think it was Meisha Tate or Sarah McCann that proved that.  She popped Rousey once that stunned her bad.  Made her knees wobbly but then she made a mistake and Rousey hip threw her and once it got to the ground, it was all over.  Rousey recovered while she was laying on top of her and then went in for her arm bar.  
If Rousey can get Cyborg to the ground, then it'll be a different fight, but I have my serious doubts if she can get close enough to her.  Cyborg will unleash hell and KO Rousey in the first round.

Cyborg also got exposed (and beaten) by Jorina Baars. Baars was an excellent striker, and very well versed with her feet...giving Cyborg all kinds of trouble. What the fight proved...was that a very skilled, well trained and aggressive fighter can make Cyborg vunerable...and beatable.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11049445_906104039445002_857527370067823...e=565A1748]

https://scontent-atl1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11049445_906104039445002_8575273700678234949_n.jpg?oh=1e1db5d02e20f88b2036753a94ab2bf6&oe=565A1748

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 04:49 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Oh here we go with this Cyborg junk..

Justino is so roided up that she cant manage to lose 10 pounds. That's bad. Have you ever had to lose 10 pounds? I can lose it in less than two weeks. There's a reason why Cyborg cant make that weight, because its 10 pounds of pure HGH soaked muscle. If she wanted this fight bad enough she would have weaned herself of the juice and made the weight by now, I mean she's only had like two years to do it.

You ever wonder why Invicta isn't a big of draw as the UFC, because its the talent level. UFC has the better athletes theres no debate. So if Rousey is running through a UFC division full of scrubs, then what does that say about Cyborg in Invicta.

Stop defending Cyborg like the MMA universe is hindering her from getting to this fight. She has had a long time to make this happen and made no attempts to get close, to me that says she doesn't want it to happen.

She fights a 140 catchweight fight soon, my guess is she's gassed easily.

Wow. You sound like the typical UFC nuthugger that believes everything that Uncle Dana wants you to. The UFC doesn't, and never has had the absolute best talent in every division. That's just a blatant lie that the UFC machine wants to get the casual fans to believe.

It's funny that you keep bringing up how Cyborg has had these chances to make the fight happen, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Ronda ducked Cyborg when she was the #1 contender for Cyborgs belt. She took her ball and ran to a weaker talent pool instead of taking the fight with the champ.

I'd give this a more serious reply but you're one of the knuckleheads that just seem to bash every org that isn't the almighty UFC, so it's basically pointless to talk real MMA with you when your knowledge consists of Dana's personal diary.

(08-03-2015, 10:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Cyborg also got exposed (and beaten) by Jorina Baars. Baars was an excellent striker, and very well versed with her feet...giving Cyborg all kinds of trouble. What the fight proved...was that a very skilled, well trained and aggressive fighter can make Cyborg vunerable...and beatable.

Uuhhhhh....what?

This is a terrible and completely illogical point.

This would be like saying that LeBron James exposed Aaron Rodgers if he beat him in a basketball game.

They fought in a Muay Thai match, not to mention it involved the absolute best in the world in that sport. That's all that needs to be said about it. Entirely different sports.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: This is a terrible and completely illogical point.

This would be like saying that LeBron James exposed Aaron Rodgers if he beat him in a basketball game.

They fought in a Muay Thai match, not to mention it involved the absolute best in the world in that sport. That's all that needs to be said about it. Entirely different sports.

Hmm, I think you missed the point I was trying to make...or maybe I just worded it poorly. What the Baars fight showed, was that Cyborg isn't some kind of invincible fighter who can't be beaten. She chose to compete against Baars and got her ass kicked. Actually, I'll give her some credit for that. 

And yeah, she can get the pass because it was only her 3rd pro Muay Thai fight (I believe), but...when actually challenged for the first time in her career, against a world class fighter...she looked overmatched and overwhelmed. Again, I'm taking into account that she was in a fight outside of her comfort zone and expertise, even though she did have MT experience in Brazil. But, even taking Baars' kicks and knee shots out of the mix, Cyborg was still eating punches the entire fight.

Yes, Baars is an extremely gifted, world class fighter, but so is Rousey...whether you like her or not. Can Cyborg defeat Rousey? Possibly? Is it the automatic given that you make it out to be? IMO, absolutely not. While you may not take anything away from the Baars-Cyborg fight, I sure as hell bet Rousey and Taverdyan will...if the matchup ever happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 11:01 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Wow. You sound like the typical UFC nuthugger that believes everything that Uncle Dana wants you to. The UFC doesn't, and never has had the absolute best talent in every division. That's just a blatant lie that the UFC machine wants to get the casual fans to believe.

It's funny that you keep bringing up how Cyborg has had these chances to make the fight happen, yet you refuse to acknowledge that Ronda ducked Cyborg when she was the #1 contender for Cyborgs belt. She took her ball and ran to a weaker talent pool instead of taking the fight with the champ.

I'd give this a more serious reply but you're one of the knuckleheads that just seem to bash every org that isn't the almighty UFC, so it's basically pointless to talk real MMA with you when your knowledge consists of Dana's personal diary.

Lets look at this logically............ Bigger promotion will draw the better talent there is no debating that. To relate it to pro football, if you're the best rated running back coming out of college do you want to play for the CFL or go to the NFL? Pretty easy choice.  If you're bringing in millions and millions more for events its only logical that your roster is loaded with the better talent. Why else do you think when fighters fizzle out or go stagnant in the UFC they wind up fighting in Bellator or Invicta. To say Rousey left because she wanted to dust up a bunch of scrubs in UFC is a bit of a stretch. Fighters like Tate, Davis, and McMann would probably all flourish in the aforementioned promotions.

I want to see this fight just as bad as many others, but the fact of the matter is that if Cyborg wants to truly fight Rousey, the she has to make the climb to Ronda. Ronda is the champ of another weight class in the bigger promotion, that's the way it is. If you're the champ, you don't go to challengers, they come to you.

Far from a Dana nuthugger, I question a lot of his decisions, and I think he's a smug douche, but I respect his method. He's established the front running promotion in the sport, and helped develop some of the most iconic figures to come out of MMA. Face it man, you and I both wouldn't even be discussing MMA right now if it weren't for Dana White. Pride was the only promotion to ever come close to having the talent level of UFC, I believe at one point in time both of them were at the same level.
Reply/Quote
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/-cyborg--threatens-legal-action-after-ronda-rousey-s-steroid-comments-233150695-mma.html

Seems like Cyborg would rather take on Rousey in a court room rather then the Octagon.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 12:07 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Can Cyborg defeat Rousey? Possibly? Is it the automatic given that you make it out to be? IMO, absolutely not.

The fact that you started the thread by calling Ronda the "baddest woman on the planet" is just as ridiculous as me saying that Cyborg would kill Rousey.

They're both talented, clearly the top 2 in the world. I don't think you should take issue with me thinking Cyborg would definitely win when you began the thread by announcing Ronda as the clear best in the world.

(08-04-2015, 09:32 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I want to see this fight just as bad as many others, but the fact of the matter is that if Cyborg wants to truly fight Rousey, the she has to make the climb to Ronda. Ronda is the champ of another weight class in the bigger promotion, that's the way it is. If you're the champ, you don't go to challengers, they come to you.

So you still refuse to acknowledge that they WERE in the same promotion, WERE in the same weight class, and Cyborg was the champ. With your logic, the contender (Rousey) should have challenged Cyborg before going to the UFC instead of running to a lower weight class as far away from Cyborg as she could to crush cans.

Let's face it, you can't give Cyborg shit for not cutting weight (not as easy as you claim for everybody) and going to another promotion if you refuse to give Ronda shit for not just nutting up and making the biggest women's fight of all time happen when she had the chance. She was the #1 contender for Cyborgs belt. Look at the reality of it, she went to the UFC while she still looked unbeatable. You can't bash Cyborg while pretending Rousey is above the criticism unless you want to look like you hold Uncle Dana's pocket.
Reply/Quote
Is there any reason, besides Dana not wanting to possibly kill the Golden Goose, why a catch weight Superfight between the two can't take place? In the past there was plenty of talk about Silva-GSP or Silva-Jones, why not in this case?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 10:44 AM)nevergonnachange Wrote: Is there any reason, besides Dana not wanting to possibly kill the Golden Goose, why a catch weight Superfight between the two can't take place?  In the past there was plenty of talk about Silva-GSP or Silva-Jones, why not in this case?

It could. But for a fighter in general, 10 pounds difference is a bit of an advantage. For a woman, even more so. 

In this particular case, Rousey has made public comments twice that she wants to fight Cris on an even playing field, ie, not with several extra pounds of muscle she got by juicing.
Reply/Quote