Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rondale Moore
With Rondale Moore declaring for 2021 NFL Draft, what are people's thoughts on him being a Bengal? He would likely cost a 1st round or MAYBE early 2nd round pick.

The dude is very similar to John Ross in terms of size, speed, and quickness. He also suffered a big knee injury in 2019 that allowed him to only play 4 games. He may not return for the 2020 season, but even if he does, it would only be 8 games.

Would people be happy with Moore given he has elite speed, route running, and footwork to be a big threat both outside and in the slot? Or does his size and knee injury give you big concerns over his ability to stay durable in the NFL?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The size is a concern. He'd have to have a lot of freak in him at that size. I could be swayed if he put in a ridiculous combine.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:39 PM)Goalpost Wrote: The size is a concern.  He'd have to have a lot of freak in him at that size.  I could be swayed if he put in a ridiculous combine.

He's expected to, but so was Ross if he didn't hurt his hamstring during the 40.
Both had an elite college season to their names. Moore had more yards but fewer TDs.

I see Moore being a Brandin Cooks type if he can remain healthy.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Admittedly I don't watch much Prudue football so I don't know much about him. I do like that he's a punt and kick returner which would push Erickson. At his size I worry about him being a consistent threat on the outside pushing through press coverage if needed since his slot snaps will be limited because of Tyler Boyd.

Honestly I would be kinda mad if they went WR even in the second round because the trenches have been an issue for a few years now. They really need to attack the offensive and defensive lines early.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Loved moore ever since he destroyed my buckeyes..... moore is what we thought ross would be. I’d take moore. That said there are other guys I would take first. Namely a silky smooth. Route runner like Chris olave.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 10:33 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Loved moore ever since he destroyed my buckeyes..... moore is what we thought ross would be. I’d take moore. That said there are other guys I would take first. Namely a silky smooth. Route runner like Chris olave.

Where do you have Olave compared to other WRs not named Chase?

Other names I see being mentioned potentially in 1st round aside from JaMarr Chase:
- Devonta Smith
- Chris Olave
- Jaylen Waddle
- TJ Vasher

I remember Moore and Rashod Bateman also in discussion for (late) 1st round prior to Big 10 halting the season due to COVID, although now I see them being discussed in 2nd round. I would assume it's because they wouldn't get a chance to play. Bateman has requested to opt back into the season now that they plan to play later this Fall, but Moore has not requested so yet.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just can't do it at this point. He's 5'9 181, which worries me some, but more than anything I'd like to focus on other positions with those picks. I imagine we'll move on from Green and Ross, but we'll still have Boyd, Higgins, and Tate and you can supplement the rest from other places. Heck, even Mike Thomas has been solid.

The fact that he's going to play for Purdue this year will also boost his draft stock, I think, so unless you're comfortable taking him in Round 1, I just don't see it happening.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 04:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Where do you have Olave compared to other WRs not named Chase?

Other names I see being mentioned potentially in 1st round aside from JaMarr Chase:
- Devonta Smith
- Chris Olave
- Jaylen Waddle
- TJ Vasher

I remember Moore and Rashod Bateman also in discussion for (late) 1st round prior to Big 10 halting the season due to COVID, although now I see them being discussed in 2nd round. I would assume it's because they wouldn't get a chance to play. Bateman has requested to opt back into the season now that they plan to play later this Fall, but Moore has not requested so yet.

Yo! Ocho long time no see lol!

Moore and Bateman coming back in.... 2019 wr class was regarding as all time in terms of overall talent and depth. 2020 is regarding all time in terms of top tier talent.

My rankings look like this.

1. Chase
2. Waffle
3a. Olave
3b. Smith
5. Moore.
6. Bateman

All should be 1st rounders

Haven’t watched vasher yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 07:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yo! Ocho long time no see lol!

Moore and Bateman coming back in.... 2019 wr class was regarding as all time in terms of overall talent and depth. 2020 is regarding all time in terms of top tier talent.

My rankings look like this.

1. Chase
2. Waffle
3a. Olave
3b. Smith
5. Moore.
6. Bateman

All should be 1st rounders

Haven’t watched vasher yet.

I hadn't watched Vasher prior either, but some are saying he has AJ Green traits in terms of skill set. Hasn't been a 1000+ yarder in a season though, so it's more potential-based.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I can see Seth Williams climbing into the first ahead of some guys because outside of Ja'Marr Chase there really isn't any true X receivers in the top group. He looked good in his first week in that new Auburn offense.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
With all of the woes on the OL, why would any Bengal fan propose that we go out of our way to spend draft capital in the supplementary draft, for a WR?

We actually seem to be pretty well off at WR, as a position group. If it were a can't miss OG or DT, then maybe it would be worth consideration.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With all of the woes on the OL, why would any Bengal fan propose that we go out of our way to spend draft capital in the supplementary draft, for a WR?

We actually seem to be pretty well off at WR, as a position group. If it were a can't miss OG or DT, then maybe it would be worth consideration.

Will we be going forward though? There’s a good chance AJ and Ross are both gone after this season. Boyd, Higgins, and Tate would still be a fairly solid group, but Mike Thomas? Erickson? We could certainly use some big play guys.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 11:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will we be going forward though? There’s a good chance AJ and Ross are both gone after this season. Boyd, Higgins, and Tate would still be a fairly solid group, but Mike Thomas? Erickson? We could certainly use some big play guys.

I hear ya, but we need guys in the trenches more than we need weapons.  We currently have weapons that we can't utilize, due to poor play in the trenches.  No matter how complex the game of football becomes, one thing still remains basic.  Most games are won and lost in the trenches.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 11:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hear ya, but we need guys in the trenches more than we need weapons.  We currently have weapons that we can't utilize, due to poor play in the trenches.  No matter how complex the game of football becomes, one thing still remains basic.  Most games are won and lost in the trenches.

You’re 100% right there. We could line up prime Rice and Moss at WR and we’d still suck right now.

If we re-sign WJ3 I would love to see them go solely OL/DL next draft.

Reply/Quote