Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Camp
Don 't we usually have a rookie camp a week or so after the Draft? I have looked on the team website and see nothing about this.
Reply/Quote
Zac mentioned in an interview that he has arranged it for 2 weeks after the draft, If he had it 1 week after we would need to then send the players home for a week then get them back.
This way when they come in there won't be any breaks and he thinks it will help the players
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:24 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Zac mentioned in an interview that he has arranged it for 2 weeks after the draft, If he had it 1 week after we would need to then send the players home for a week then get them back.
This way when they come in there won't be any breaks and he thinks it will help the players

I like it.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:24 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Zac mentioned in an interview that he has arranged it for 2 weeks after the draft, If he had it 1 week after we would need to then send the players home for a week then get them back.

Thanks for the info!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thanks for the info!

No problem
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like it.

Yeah me to, The Rookie camp starts May 10/11 and they then join in with the OTA's straight after, instead of having there camp and then being sent home.
Reply/Quote
Don't know what it was but i saw a small group of players on the practice fields when i was on the way to work on Friday.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 02:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't know what it was but i saw a small group of players on the practice fields when i was on the way to work on Friday.

Players are allowed to use the weight room and field but not hear anything from the coaches. That's why it's important to have real leaders and teachers as players and something Cincy doesnt have...AJ Green is kinda of a quiet Diva Geno is also quiet the three biggest leaders on the roster are Andy Gio and Mixon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 03:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Players are allowed to use the weight room and field but not hear anything from the coaches. That's why it's important to have real leaders and teachers as players and something Cincy doesnt have...AJ Green is kinda of a quiet Diva Geno is also quiet the three biggest leaders on the roster are Andy Gio and Mixon.

Andy, Dunlap, Dre.

I have NEVER seen Gio-van be a leader or even a leader-type lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 02:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't know what it was but i saw a small group of players on the practice fields when i was on the way to work on Friday.

Probably just all lining up to go watch Joey Votto strike out again to boost their confidence that they can't possibly be as inept.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2019, 03:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Players are allowed to use the weight room and field but not hear anything from the coaches. That's why it's important to have real leaders and teachers as players and something Cincy doesnt have...AJ Green is kinda of a quiet Diva Geno is also quiet the three biggest leaders on the roster are Andy Gio and Mixon.

In 2017, we lost Whitworth and Peko to free agencies and Cedric Peerman to injury.  The impact the simultaneous loss of these 3 undisputed lockerroom leaders on offense, defense, and special teams has been tremendous and frankly has yet to be replaced.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Lazor actually said in an interview with Schefter last year that Andy was instrumental in organizing the offensive players and getting them on board with the  new offense during the off-season.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2019, 11:50 AM)pally Wrote: In 2017, we lost Whitworth and Peko to free agencies and Cedric Peerman to injury.  The impact the simultaneous loss of these 3 undisputed lockerroom leaders on offense, defense, and special teams has been tremendous and frankly has yet to be replaced.

Since we last made the playoffs, we've lost all of these players. Aside from leadership, most of these guys were quality players that have yet to be replaced by equal players.

-Zeitler, Andre Smith, and Whitworth on the offensive line. They were arguably the best 2 players. Smith has really declined over the past couple years so losing him may have been ok.
-Sanu and Jones at WR. It took until this past season to replace Marvin Jones production with Boyd. We are still searching for that #3 guy like Sanu.
-Peko on the DLine.
-Reggie Nelson at Safety. We also lost Iloka who we waived. I'd say that Bates finally has replaced what we lost in Nelson, but it took a couple years for the team to find Bates and Nelson's loss hurt.
-McCarron at backup QB. We've yet to replace that quality.
-Leon Hall at CB.

-Minter, Hawk, Maualuga, and Lamur at LB. I don't feel like sorting through that mess.
Reply/Quote