Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie DT to IR
We lost our riokie DT from Chattanoga to IR. (Can't remember his name but he had promise) Maybe next year for him..
Reply/Quote
DT Devonnsha Maxwell

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 11:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We lost our riokie DT from Chattanoga to IR. (Can't remember his name but he had promise) Maybe next year for him..

Well, poo... I had high hopes for Maxwell. Probably would never have seen the field this year anyways.
Reply/Quote
A shame. A lot of folks had high hopes. But seeing as how we usually roll with 3 NTs and 2 DTs, chances were slim he'd have made the 53 ahead of Hill or Carter. Still, he could have been an ascending depth piece.

Guys like Sample, Murphy, & Hubbard can dip inside.
Reply/Quote
Maybe next year we can see what we have in Maxwell, also was wanting to see what he could do with his insane college numbers.

Dude was a Sacking/Pressuring machine at Chattanooga...
Reply/Quote
I know there is questions at 3t with no Geno type. But between Carter, Sample, Murphy, backing up Hill along with Ossai and Hubbard able to play inside some I think we are ok for another year.

It's backup NT I am worried about. Tupou has stepped in for years... But he is getting up there and was never really considered a key player outside of Cinci which there is nothing wrong with but would he still be in the league if it wasn't for the Bengals? He's underrated, but I wouldn't have had him playing this long and being relied on to make starts. With Readers health somewhat sketchy and on his last year of his contract, I think backup NT is still a question.

Tufele did show some good power and run stuffing ability, but is he ready for the backup NT role? Is he ready to unseat Tupou who will be 30 this season?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This was a best case scenario to me (in order to keep him another year).
Unless he was totally dominating, his odds of making the 53 were not too good. At least this way we get to keep him and let him rehab and get stronger for next year with out anyone having the ability to pluck him from our PS.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote