Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Impact
Which rookie is going to make the biggest impact this year. I'm thinking Dawson.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 11:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Which rookie is going to make the biggest impact this year.  I'm thinking Dawson.

Dawson is the safest pick. The first two rounders probably won't start, and the same goes with the TEs.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 11:40 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dawson is the safest pick. The first two rounders probably won't start, and the same goes with the TEs.

Dawson may not even start. Hawk would be my bet for Will if Burfict is still out.
Reply/Quote
I'd also say Dawson with an outside shot for Kroft.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:00 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd also say Dawson with an outside shot for Kroft.

I hope both will contribute.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Dawson is the only one who has a realistic chance of starting.

First two picks will only start due to injury. Kroft will play a bit but rookie tight ends and receivers aren't guaranteed to produce much.
Shaw is good, but buried on the depth chart at CB. Hardison and Uzomah are both raw and will likely only contribute sparingly. Smith is also buried on the depth chart, so he may have a small chance of having a few snaps. Especially with Hall taking safety snaps.

Alford could make a large impact as a kick returner.
Reply/Quote
Shaw will be a beast on ST's and have the biggest impact since there won't be any rookie starters on O or D. Alford has a shot too if he wins the KR job.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2015, 11:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Which rookie is going to make the biggest impact this year.  I'm thinking Dawson.

Dawson may be the only pick. Kroft might end the season with the most # of plays. Not a very impactful draft class when it comes to immediate contribution. In 3 years, who knows?

Reply/Quote
Super Mario Alford

Reply/Quote
Barring unforeseen circumstances, there won't be too huge of a rookie impact this year. Depending on your viewpoint, this is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
With the loss of Gresham Kroft seems to be the obvious choice.

I don't see Dawson making much of an impact unless our LB situation turns into a dumpster fire. I don't mean to bash Dawson, but he is a bit overrated around here.
Reply/Quote
I'm going with Kroft. No Gresham, no problem. I think Kroft is going to be a nice safety valve for Dalton this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With the loss of Gresham Kroft seems to be the obvious choice.

I don't see Dawson making much of an impact unless our LB situation turns into a dumpster fire. I don't mean to bash Dawson, but he is a bit overrated around here.

i would go with Kroft and a side of Fisher... who will get snaps as the extra OT or in line TE in some cases... (heck i hear he has good hands too...)
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2015, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: With the loss of Gresham Kroft seems to be the obvious choice.

I don't see Dawson making much of an impact unless our LB situation turns into a dumpster fire.  I don't mean to bash Dawson, but he is a bit overrated around here.

I don't think Kroft will see the field as much as some think, but I could be wrong. I thought I saw our new beat writer describe both rookie TEs as "very raw" or something of the sort. Kroft could be the TE2 of the future, but I'm not so sure his rookie campaign will be his breakout year.

Completely agree about Dawson. From everything I've seen, it seems like he could be a natural fit at WILL in our scheme, but people are talking about him like he's a 10 year vet that's been a perennial All-Pro.

Without Burfict, our LB corp is already a dumpster fire, IMO. From top to bottom, it's probably the Bengals' weakest positional group on the team. Tons of inexperienced depth and none of the projected starters are to write home about. Some of them are alright, but even another weak, inexperienced group like TE has Eifert. Tyler Eifert is better at playing TE than Maualuga, Hawk, Lamur, or Rey are at playing LB. The Bengals' defense doesn't really rely on elite LB play though, so that's why I'm not overly concerned with the lack of talent there.
Reply/Quote
I believe Fisher is going to get a decent number of snaps as the swing tackle. I see us going back to heavy run package we used back in 09 to open more holes for Hill to run through.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Highest rookie impact- I will go with Mario Alford. I think he wins the KR job from Tate and we give him Hawkins old role on offense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

I don't see Dawson making much of an impact unless our LB situation turns into a dumpster fire.  I don't mean to bash Dawson, but he is a bit overrated around here.

I want it to be Dawson or Hardison.  And I think Hardison may surprise.

I'm afraid you're probably right about Dawson.  Haven't heard a peep about him.  Hope he impresses more when they get the pads on.
Reply/Quote
Which rookie will have the biggest impact?  Ask Coach Simmons, only he knows.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hey All.............newbie here

My favorite pick was our 2nd rounder    I'll go w/ Jake as impact rookie       he is gonna be a beast after PA gets to coach him up this summer 

The 2015 season is an audition to be our very near future RT    don't think we can sign Andre again       Whit stays as long as he wants.

Great to be a Bengal fan bout now !
Reply/Quote
I'm going to go with Kroft. As much as we saw out of Hewitt in his rookie season, I think Kroft will be the guy lined up in a lot of the two TE sets. He may be the in-line blocker for a majority of them, but it is his route-running and ability to stretch down the seam that got him drafted.

How funny would it be if the defense keys on Eifert and he stays in to block while Kroft catches them sleeping?
Reply/Quote