Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rookie Impressions Week 2 Preseason 2023
(08-19-2023, 08:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I thought John Ross made a big improvement over last week. Sharp routes, quick and sticky sticky hands.  ThumbsUp

Ross is still basically a rookie so glad to see he is improving.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I watched on a small tv last night, my bad. Pretty sure I was paying attention to Gunter, mainly focusing on the Dline play. Re-watched some of the game, CTB looked impressive in the run game.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 07:52 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Iosivas has looked alright out there but nothing great and this is going up against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  Irwin in his limited time looks much better.

This threads title is Rookie Impression Week 2. It's not titled WRs that have worked hard with their peers and have started games for a SB caliber NFL team.

I expect Irwin to be better at the moment, period. Ts, the Princeton kid is a freakish athlete. After some time with our WR room and JB, we should see him begin to rise. I will also add the ATL has a roster full of young talent 1st-3rd string, could win their division, and is on the come up. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2023, 01:01 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This threads title is Rookie Impression Week 2. It's not titled WRs that have worked hard with their peers and have started games for a SB caliber NFL team.

I expect Irwin to be better at the moment, period. Ts, the Princeton kid is a freakish athlete. After some time with our WR room and JB, we should see him begin to rise. I will also add the ATL has a roster full of young talent 1st-3rd string, could win their division, and is on the come up. 

What I posted is my impression.  Sorry if you dont like it.  Yes in time with work he could turn out to be a good WR but as of right now he is a project that is not ready.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 04:19 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: Last night was interesting but kind of boring. I don't know how much positives can be taken away but I think some of the negatives are starting to show.

Myles Murphy - made a few plays chasing down running backs but looked slow on the perimeter. I don't know if this is effort, he plays with a motor but doesn't seem to follow through sometimes.

Charlie Jones - looks a little undersized but I could see him become important to the offense.

Iosivas - went from potential star to possibly not making the team. I don't know if he can make the gritty catches outside of highlight plays/drag routes. Second game with high volume, low production.

Battle - I don't see negatives? Didn't pay too much attention.

DJ Turner - Makes a LOT of plays, sometimes gets burned. This could become more pronounced in the regular season.

DJ Ivey - didn't see him play.

Jackson - don't know who this is but was impressed. Might make the team.

All in all, the QB situation made it difficult to really understand what is going on on offense. Iosivas needs to show he can make NFL catches, at this point he might be a liability in non-situational plays but could open up the offense if Burrow can get him open. It all depends on what the team is looking for in a fourth/fifth option. Jackson might honestly be the answer.

Two preseasons ago, Billy Price looked like a future all-pro. Its easier to look good in college but NFL teams know how to exploit weaknesses. I don't think a lot of the rookies have been tested yet. But Battle and Turner are making a lot of plays that I think a lot of teams would be happy to have. Murphy needs to be tested more, he shows promise but lacks urgency.

(08-19-2023, 04:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I thought someone said Murphy wasn't even at the game due to illness?  

I thought he didn’t play as well.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I thought Murphy looked invisible out there. Didnt do much of anything.
Reply/Quote
Murphy played the whole game............
On Madden, in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote