Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Jersey #s
Jermaine Burton had one job and that was to keep his college #3. He gets 81

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, All getting 83 shows us what the FO thinks of a possible Tyler Boyd return.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Mims will have a career like the other Bengals RT I think of when I see number 71.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:09 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, All getting 83 shows us what the FO thinks of a possible Tyler Boyd return.

Same with Tupou and 68...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 11:09 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, All getting 83 shows us what the FO thinks of a possible Tyler Boyd return.

I thought a possible TB return ended with Zac's 3rd round excitement to draft Burton.

Burton replaces TB in the WR trio and is likely their hopeful top talent to take over for Tee.

Chase/Tee/TB now becomes Chase/Tee/Burton which will eventually become Chase/Burton/New Guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 10:31 AM)pally Wrote: Jermaine Burton had one job and that was to keep his college #3.  He gets 81

Not only did JB screw it up by not keeping 3. His mentor's number was available (84) and he didn't take it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 01:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I thought a possible TB return ended with Zac's 3rd round excitement to draft Burton.

Burton replaces TB in the WR trio and is likely their hopeful top talent to take over for Tee.

Chase/Tee/TB now becomes Chase/Tee/Burton which will eventually become Chase/Burton/New Guy.

Honestly, I don't think the team had any intentions to bring back Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 12:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Same with Tupou and 68...

Tupou's return, or lack thereof, was all on him.

Reply/Quote
Burton supposedly wanted #3. And it’s available.

WTF are we doing?

Talk about missing a major marketing opportunity.
Reply/Quote
Did he really request #3? If he did maybe the front office wanted to let him know who calls the shots. Here is your assigned number, you'll wear 81.

But Chase got his #1 as a rookie.Hmm
Reply/Quote
Front office probably doesn't want to give out a spotlight number to a third round rookie. Maybe they'll let him change it next year after he earns it.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:47 PM)Second Down Wrote: Front office probably doesn't want to give out a spotlight number to a third round rookie. Maybe they'll let him change it next year after he earns it.

or after TC and when the rosters are set. Was the same thing with Keith Rivers
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:47 PM)Second Down Wrote: Front office probably doesn't want to give out a spotlight number to a third round rookie. Maybe they'll let him change it next year after he earns it.

Sounds good to me and makes sense.

(05-02-2024, 06:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: or after TC and when the rosters are set. Was the same thing with Keith Rivers

Yep.

BTW, I like moving on from Boyd and adding Burton as our WR3 that can play on the outside so Chase can play a ton in the Slot where
he could be the best there. Burton makes us much more explosive than Boyd, nothing against him but he was never a burner or a deep
threat like Burton is.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2024, 06:50 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: or after TC and when the rosters are set. Was the same thing with Keith Rivers

Difference there was 55 was not available for Rivers until after cutdown day before the season. Not giving Burton is a HUGE miss. 81 is nasty work for a WR these days.
Reply/Quote