Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie of Year
Went to Herbert who did have a record setting year and established himself as best rookie QB but I felt Jefferson should have split award with Herbert
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should have been Jefferson.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 11:00 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Should have been Jefferson.

I would have given it to Jefferson, but I’ll admit, Herbert really surprised me how good he was.

It’s obviously way early, but I think looking back this draft class for QB’s is going to be all about Herbert and Burrow. With Tua in a tier behind them.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 04:55 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Went to Herbert who did have a record setting year and established himself as best rookie QB but I felt Jefferson should have split award with Herbert

Herbert was KICK ASS all yr. Has the best deep ball Ive ever seen from a rookie and for anyone for that matter , makes good thows on the run and has some running talent too.
very VERY impressive...Chargers are set at QB for the next decade.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 03:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would have given it to Jefferson, but I’ll admit, Herbert really surprised me how good he was.

It’s obviously way early, but I think looking back this draft class for QB’s is going to be all about Herbert and Burrow. With Tua in a tier behind them.

I think next year Burrow will improve, but Herbert will find it more difficult.  I just don't think Herbert has it.  He will be another Goff.  I agree Tua is in another tier.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 05:30 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Herbert was KICK ASS all yr. Has the best deep ball Ive ever seen from a rookie and for anyone for that matter , makes good thows on the run and has some running talent too.
very VERY impressive...Chargers are set at QB for the next decade.

Best deep ball ever? That’s a pretty bold statement. Aaron Rodgers gets that distinction for me.

Palmer’s was pretty great, too.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 05:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think next year Burrow will improve, but Herbert will find it more difficult.  I just don't think Herbert has it.  He will be another Goff.  I agree Tua is in another tier.  

I would disagree on Herbert, especially looking at what he did his rookie year and what Goff did... but even if Herbert plays like Goff that means SD will be winning divisions, playoffs and going to super bowl.. I don;t think they would mind that at all.. lets hope Burrow does improve and take that next step in 2021...
Reply/Quote