Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookies report today
(07-23-2023, 11:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’m not an insider, but I assumed the plan was for him to sit and learn behind the franchise tagged Jessie Bates.

I do know that Dax was frustrated last season because he didn't really have a focused position when it came to practice. One week he was put at FS, then the next week they had him work at boundary CB, then he's playing in the box safety, then he's at nickle. 

Beat writers noticed he just seemed flustered. Quite the difference from training camp where they put him at FS and he was looking great.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Im so excited for Charlie Jones he just seems like the type of player that Burrow will find over and over especially considering hes gonna be the 4th or 5th receiving threat on the field. Plus he ran a 4.43 so expect plenty of "sneaky fast" comments from announcers as he streaks down the seam for 60 yard TDs.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Vets report today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 02:02 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I do know that Dax was frustrated last season because he didn't really have a focused position when it came to practice. One week he was put at FS, then the next week they had him work at boundary CB, then he's playing in the box safety, then he's at nickle. 

Beat writers noticed he just seemed flustered. Quite the difference from training camp where they put him at FS and he was looking great.

Hopefully, understanding more than one position helps him this season.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He very well could be.  I just think the line is long at RB with guys that they trust.  Hopefully he comes in and makes his way up the depth chart.

For some reason I think he gets the "Corey Dillon" treatment.  He won't see the field until they can trust him.

Shouldn't trust Mixon in pass pro from what we saw last year either. I think this is the difference for Chase Brown, we will see.

If Mixon really works on pass protection and at the very least becomes okay at it what you say could be true and Brown doesn't
get much of a chance as a rookie. I did see Trayveon be a willing blocker last year, so he could also keep Brown from many snaps.

(07-24-2023, 05:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Congrats, everyone!
We made it through the yearly lull period!
And thank you Reds for keeping us entertained in June and July!
Hopefully we get to cheer on the Reds into the postseason and double-dip this Fall with both Reds and Bengals.

Yes, nice seeing the Reds finally playing decent for once as well. We got through the lull and now the entertainment begins! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2023, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My dude
[Image: 362310856_830909261730933_39273153890397...e=64C2A791]

That dude isn't a day over 14 years old...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 04:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: One could say from what we saw of Mixon with his poor pass protection and vision last year that the team would be better 
with a RB that is good in pass protection and has good vision. 

Dammit Nate...that is genius level thinking there!  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 08:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They're just rehearsing for when the NFL goes full onto two-hand touch.  See, two hands are touching him, therefore his is "down".

I think we're gonna have to go to replay. I only see one hand. 

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think we're gonna have to go to replay. I only see one hand. 

Hand holding his left shoulder jersey, othe hand touching his right bicep. 1 hand + 1 hand = 2 hand touch LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hand holding his left shoulder jersey, othe hand touching his right bicep. 1 hand + 1 hand = 2 hand touch LOL

Wait...

You cheated!!! Tongue

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 08:42 AM)pally Wrote: Vets report today

Do we know if we have anyone not reporting?

I could see a case for Tee, Logan, or Reader. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do we know if we have anyone not reporting?

I could see a case for Tee, Logan, or Reader. 

The first 2 maybe but DJ not reporting would be absurd we made him the highest paid NT in the league when we signed him. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2023, 02:15 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: The first 2 maybe but DJ not reporting would be absurd we made him the highest paid NT in the league when we signed him. 

Yeah, but he's on the last year and the market has exploded. Chris Jones is in the exact situation (contract/Age) as DJ and is sitting out. Only difference is, Chris is scheduled to earn about twice as much as DJ this year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 01:47 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The less we see of the rookies, the better the team will be.  But, I am hoping for somebody to jump out and win a starting spot.  I don't think it's likely, but one can hope.

I do think we will see immediate impact on sub packages from the following guys (in order of their draft):

Murphy - he should be an immediate situational rusher.  Hopefully adding some speed to the outside
Turner - should show up big on dime packages

And the guy that I think makes the most impact - Charlie Jones.  Immediate first down maker on 4 WR passing sets.  The guy just gets the game.

I'm not putting as much weight on Murphy being an outstanding pass rusher immediately.  His pass rush win rate last year was not good, although he was better the previous season.  I think we should expect a more athletic Hubbard at this point with a high ceiling.  

I will say that if he wants to have 3 sacks on opening day and make me look stupid, I'm all for it.

Reply/Quote