Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room for 1 more?
I would rather bring Tre Flowers back than Eli Apple. At least Flowers could cover tight ends well.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 05:36 PM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: Unless we bring in Gilmore Howard Rock ya sun I agree with u 1000000%

I have always liked Stephon Gilmore and if they are going for a Super Bowl Win he could be a one year "hired gun".

The Defense needs to take a step UP (not just maintain at last year's level) and adding Gilmore should give it a chance

to improve. He is a highly respected experienced Veteran that could bring the Secondary up a notch.

Maybe around $10 million could get him for a year.

Spotrac projects Gilmore to sign a one-year, $11.1 million contract in free agency
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ford signed with the Chargers.

Love rock ya too and leaning that way more n more cuz of overall value
Reply/Quote
I think we're done until TC cuts
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 04:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tyron Smith's one year deal with the Jets was for only $6.5M. Using that deal as a barometer, I would think less than $10M but likely more than $5M.

Spotrac has him at $12.25 vs the cap, though they are sometimes off initially. OTC has the same #.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/
Reply/Quote
I do think there could be a move or two before the draft.

But then there is usually a little activity post-draft as teams/agents move to fill needs unmet and find a home.

Standing pat for a while is certainly possible.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 02:27 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Spotrac has him at $12.25 vs the cap, though they are sometimes off initially. OTC has the same #.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-jets/cap/

You are correct. I was listening to NFL radio at lunch time, they said that Smith's min guaranteed is $6.5, but he can make as much at $18M if he plays 98% of offensive snaps or more. So, a lot of being available based incentive pay escalators.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2024, 05:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree the Bengals probably did get Apple's best years even though he is just 28 and I would rather not bring him back. Yet will let Lou make that call

Sooooo many people wanted Eli gone. Funny we want him back now. I’ll pass. I think his best days are behind him. I’m actually worried Von Bell’s best days are behind him. NFL players tend to fall off a cliff quickly. Bell wasn’t good last year. He was good in NO and good when he came to cinci. So there’s something that wrong with Carolina’s defense/scheme that’s it’s not him, it’s them? I don’t know. I don’t think we’re going to get the same Vonn Bell. Hope I’m wrong.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:20 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Sooooo many people wanted Eli gone. Funny we want him back now. I’ll pass. I think his best days are behind him. I’m actually worried Von Bell’s best days are behind him. NFL players tend to fall off a cliff quickly. Bell wasn’t good last year. He was good in NO and good when he came to cinci. So there’s something that wrong with Carolina’s defense/scheme that’s it’s not him, it’s them? I don’t know. I don’t think we’re going to get the same Vonn Bell. Hope I’m wrong.

I was fine with his play, he is what he is, and was more of a benefit than a detriment to the team. However, the trash talking on social media was uncalled for. If he's humbled up a bit, and willing to let his play on the field do the talking, I'd gladly welcome him back.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
All the Bengals really need at this point,is a really good OL.Hoping that happens this year,finally.At least they’re trying.The only reason we lost the SB was because of a weak OL.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:20 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Sooooo many people wanted Eli gone. Funny we want him back now. I’ll pass. I think his best days are behind him. I’m actually worried Von Bell’s best days are behind him. NFL players tend to fall off a cliff quickly. Bell wasn’t good last year. He was good in NO and good when he came to cinci. So there’s something that wrong with Carolina’s defense/scheme that’s it’s not him, it’s them? I don’t know. I don’t think we’re going to get the same Vonn Bell. Hope I’m wrong.

Many of us supported Eli.  Perhaps more posters here than not.

Vonn Bell is a gravy singing. Battle is a potential star. Bell can do what ADG does, or step in for Pratt on 3rd down. Many options here in the secondary, plus the correct DC to choose the correct ones.
Reply/Quote
Glad Bell is back. We missed him last year
Reply/Quote
We apparently made an offer to Fulton before he signed with the Chargers. Hilton is recruiting Howard, who recently said he'd take a pay cut.

I think we can say we are at least trying to sign players.
Reply/Quote

Well, the huge thing Bell can help us with is getting the DBs in the right position. That was a huge problem last year. I think his leadership will be the biggest quality he will bring.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 09:55 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: All the Bengals really need at this point,is a really good OL.Hoping that happens this year,finally.At least they’re trying.The only reason we lost the SB was because of a weak OL.

Some may argue they need a touch more, like a vet corner, a true NT, and a complete TE, but you make a good point. The Bengals need to invest more in the trenches. 

Currently the starters, sans Volsen, are average or above, but there's no depth or young players chomping at the bit to step up and take a position. Karras and Trent Brown are only on paper for the upcoming season, then it will be a scramble. Replacements may be found in the draft, but the Bengals recent history of finding and developing talent in the draft indicates the positions might still remain needs.

That said, I like having so many positions covered, as it opens up the draft a lot. That said, so many one year bandages makes me a bit uncomfortable, as it will be a mass shuffle for more bandages next year.

We shall see how it goes, but agree that solidifying the o-line around Burrow is the priority and the way to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Could sign more that 1 free agent...

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Could sign more that 1 free agent...

Or, even trade for a significant player needing an extension.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 12:42 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Well, the huge thing Bell can help us with is getting the DBs in the right position. That was a huge problem last year. I think his leadership will be the biggest quality he will bring.

Yep, and he can also still lay the wood.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 08:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Could sign more that 1 free agent...

Man i really wish i could see the deal Tee is asking for. It has to be more than 3yr/25M cause i feel like that would’ve been done already
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 12:24 PM)Housh Wrote: Man i really wish i could see the deal Tee is asking for. It has to be more than 3yr/25M cause i feel like that would’ve been done already

I thinks it’s probably more tied to the guaranteed money but who knows. I personally don’t feel he worth that given burrow’s contract and chase’s upcoming deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote