Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Root for Dolphins tonight
(12-27-2021, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess I just don’t see why anyone would even be worried about making the playoffs if they don’t believe we can beat the best teams. We took the Packers to OT and they’re the #1 seed in the NFC. If you don’t think we have at least a puncher’s chance against the top teams you might as well root for them to miss the playoffs and start focusing on the draft.

We clearly have a “puncher’s chance” against the top teams. If the team the beat the Ravens and Steelers twice shows up, we can certainly beat the Chiefs.

We also have 30+ years of being disappointed by the team. Is the glass half full or glass half empty? I’m a glass half empty kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:00 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Does this assume we lose the next 2?

(12-27-2021, 05:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: yeah

Don't do that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:37 PM)bjf123 Wrote: We clearly have a “puncher’s chance” against the top teams. If the team the beat the Ravens and Steelers twice shows up, we can certainly beat the Chiefs.

We also have 30+ years of being disappointed by the team. Is the glass half full or glass half empty? I’m a glass half empty kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn’t care less about what happened 30 years ago. And I assure you neither does the young core of this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hell, we only have to win one more game to clinch the division. Only other AFCN team that can get to 10 wins is the Ravens, and we obviously own the tiebreaker.

If we win vs KC, does that mean we can rest the starters against CLE?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I couldn’t care less about what happened 30 years ago. And I assure you neither does the young core of this team.

The only thing i care about 30ish years ago is that an 11-1 Bills team came into Cincy with the #1 seed in the AFC to play the 9-3 Bengals. They left with a 35-21 defeat and eventually gave up the #1 seed to the Bengals. They also ended up playing the Bengals (and losing) the AFCCG. 

I want to see this team rise to that occasion. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only thing i care about 30ish years ago is that an 11-1 Bills team came into Cincy with the #1 seed in the AFC to play the 9-3 Bengals. They left with a 35-21 defeat and eventually gave up the #1 seed to the Bengals. They also ended up playing the Bengals (and losing) the AFCCG. 

I want to see this team rise to that occasion. 

So you want to see business as usual.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:53 PM)Interceptor Wrote: So you want to see business as usual.

No. That young, upcoming Bengals team beat a legit #1 seed at home late in the year, won 2 playoff games and went to the SB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess I just don’t see why anyone would even be worried about making the playoffs if they don’t believe we can beat the best teams. We took the Packers to OT and they’re the #1 seed in the NFC. If you don’t think we have at least a puncher’s chance against the top teams you might as well root for them to miss the playoffs and start focusing on the draft.

You're not wrong.  I mean if you want a SB you have to beat the best.

I do think they have a chance but I guess I'm just not sure if they're there yet.

The progress they've made this year is well beyond what I expected and I don't think its an aberration.  I think its very real and I think they are well positioned to rule the division for years to come.  Cleveland, no matter how talented cant seem to get anything right.  Pittsburgh has managed to stay relevant even though they suck but I don't think its sustainable.  The Ravens can still turn things around next season; they've been hit as hard as anyone with injuries but I think Cincinnati is truly better.  

Obviously my hope is they can win it all but I would be happy if they can show the rest of NFL they are for real with a deep playoff push even if they don't win it all.  Hell Id be happy for a WC game win to be honest.

I'm not getting my hopes up though that they're going to knock off KC just yet.  If they do however I will be happy to admit to you I was too pessimistic in my outlook for this team. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not overly worried about the Fins win helping the Bengals make the playoffs; it's just an added bonus. I want them to win to knock John Harbaugh's whining ass out of the playoffs.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Oddly enough our overall playoff chances increase by 5 percent we go down to 68 with Saints win We shoot up to 78 with a Dolphin win literally a 6 team parlay clinches a wild card. Dolphins win tonight 1 Colt win at home to the raiders 2 Dolphins split against Titans and pats 3,4 Ravens lose at home to Rams 5 and Finally Chargers losing to Broncos or Raiders

Simple win 1 game and in
But if we are in a 3 way tie at 9-8 for last wild card spot shouldn't our AFC get us in at 7-5 with 2 losses
Who could beat us?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:11 PM)jason Wrote: Oh... I see.

I guess getting in is getting in, but I'd rather handle our own business, and not slide in on a two game losing streak. I guess we have played better on the road this year though.

Same, I want us to take care of our bidness as you say Jason and just win out. But I will be rooting for the Phins tonight too.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 06:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: If we win vs KC, does that mean we can rest the starters against CLE?

Depends if a win means anything or not.  Most likely it won't which means absolutely. However it could mean a higher playoff seed and possibly a home game or bye week.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:07 PM)M.W. Wrote: Depends if a win means anything or not.  Most likely it won't which means absolutely. However it could mean a higher playoff seed and possibly a home game or bye week.

We CAN rest our starters if we beat KC, I just doubt we do. Thinking our entire team wants revenge on the Stains.

Plus if we get a chance for the #1 seed have to try and make a run for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 05:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Miami win tonight knocks the Ravens out of the #7 spot. 

Sold.  Go Dolphins! 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:07 PM)M.W. Wrote: Depends if a win means anything or not.  Most likely it won't which means absolutely. However it could mean a higher playoff seed and possibly a home game or bye week.

If we beat KC we still have a shot at the #1 seed
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote

Two wins would put us in contention for a bye weak if the other division leaders lose?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
So far so good
Reply/Quote
That's one damn quiet stadium considering there's a large crowd.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
We have to like Miami's chances with Ian Book starting at QB for the Saints.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 10:18 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Two wins would put us in contention for a bye weak if the other division leaders lose?

Bengals win out, KC loses out, and Titans lose once Bengals get #1 seed.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote