Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Root for the Browns Sunday
Obviously this is 2 division rivals and I would rather not root for either of them. With that being said, if I remember correctly, one of the definitive final pieces of Marvin Lewis getting the boot was losing to the Browns twice that final year. So, my thought process is that IF the Browns were to beat the Steelers and win a playoff game that it may change the off season even more than we saw last year. I believe his hatred for them is that deep.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:40 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Obviously this is 2 division rivals and I would rather not root for either of them.  With that being said, if I remember correctly, one of the definitive final pieces of Marvin Lewis getting the boot was losing to the Browns twice that final year.  So, my thought process is that IF the Browns were to beat the Steelers and win a playoff game that it may change the off season even more than we saw last year.  I believe his hatred for them is that deep.

I can't root for the other Ohio team to get a playoff win before the Bengals when the Bengals had 7 chances to get one since the Browns' last playoff appearance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't root for the other Ohio team to get a playoff win before the Bengals when the Bengals had 7 chances to get one since the Browns' last playoff appearance.
Oh I can. ALL DAY LONG! That would drive a spike in the heart of MB. Might make him more aggressive to attack the weaknesses in the offseason. Don't forget the history here. 

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't root for the other Ohio team to get a playoff win before the Bengals when the Bengals had 7 chances to get one since the Browns' last playoff appearance.

Yup.

I would prefer the Browns and Bills both lose, for those very reasons...
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 08:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh I can. ALL DAY LONG! That would drive a spike in the heart of MB. Might make him more aggressive to attack the weaknesses in the offseason. Don't forget the history here. 

I agree...

And I don’t know about the rest of you, but I find it very sad that we have to think that way.
Reply/Quote
Lol, rooting for the Browns to win would be at the bottom of my playoff rooting priorities.

The LAST thing I want is Browns' fans gloating about a playoff win..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 10:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, rooting for the Browns to win would be at the bottom of my playoff rooting priorities.

The LAST thing I want is Browns' fans gloating about a playoff win..

This. Steelers fans are unbearable but at least that’s with a team that wins to back it up. Browns suck forever and any time they win a couple of games they’re automatically the greatest thing in the world. I couldn’t stand to hear them if they win a playoff game before us.

Luckily I am not worried in the slightest about that happening. Pitt will get an easy win. Pitt also has no shot at winning the super bowl so they will lose after that game. Then life goes on and we can go back to complaining about the bengals the rest of the offseason
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 09:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yup.

I would prefer the Browns and Bills both lose, for those very reasons...

ill be rooting for the bills... Who are overall in a similar boat to us.... Been to several SB but never won one.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 09:51 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ill be rooting for the bills... Who are overall in a similar boat to us.... Been to several SB but never won one.

Somebody needs to break our record for longest span between playoff victories when Joey comes back and wins one...
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 10:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Somebody needs to break our record for longest span between playoff victories when Joey comes back and wins one...

if the coach doesnt get him killed or broken first.. i imagine Burrow will have a chance to do that here in the future.  probly not 2021 though.
Reply/Quote
Both Suck...but the Turds suck more... if it is Brown, flush it down
Reply/Quote

Not for nothing but they got that playoff win way back in 1994 I think. Hope they bounce the Steelers, but they won't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The game tonight should be fun. If the Steelers somehow find a way to win, I hope they go to K.C. and get slapped around by the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
Never root for Pittsburgh
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Crazy start lol

Reply/Quote
Is there any way they can both lose
Reply/Quote
I'm liking the way this game is starting. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
stick a fork in the burger.  if he doesn't retire soon he'll get benched.
Reply/Quote
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Steelers
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2021, 10:29 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: stick a fork in the burger.  if he doesn't retire soon he'll get benched.

He wants to play again next year. I hope he does. He's not going to get better. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote