Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooting For NE, MIA, TENN For Bengals
First week not too early to want Titans to beat Browns, Dolphins to beat Ravens, Patriots to beat Steelers.

If that Tennessee QB has the hot hand and their D is good.  If Dolphins are ready to win.  If Patriots look like they did in Super Bowl. Would love to see all 3 others in AFC North lose first week.  

GO BENGALS....NEW DEY....... Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Thumbs up!!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 08:17 AM)kevin Wrote: First week not too early to want Titans to beat Browns, Dolphins to beat Ravens, Patriots to beat Steelers.

If that Tennessee QB has the hot hand and their D is good.  If Dolphins are ready to win.  If Patriots look like they did in Super Bowl. Would love to see all 3 others in AFC North lose first week.  

I give the Pats the best chance here...the others are not likely going to lose.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I give the Pats the best chance here...the others are not likely going to lose.  

Tennessee is Tough.  Good offense with good QB.  One tough Defense. Good Special Teams.   Cleveland is all just a dream.  It could be that coach that replaced Hue Stinks got the most out of them, and typical Browns they let him go while winning, and team goes back to looking like 0-16 Hue Stinks.  Tennessee is tough. 

Ravens are not without questions going into season.  Dolphins could surprise them. 

Of course want Patriots to own Steelers like they always do.  Spank Steelers and make them cry.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Miami is the worst team in the league, and it's not even that close. I'm not buying all the Browns hype yet, but on paper, they are way better than Tennessee. Tom Brady is Pittsburgh's daddy.

We just need to handle business, and not worry about the rest of em.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Tennessee is Tough.  Good offense with good QB.  One tough Defense. Good Special Teams.   Cleveland is all just a dream.  It could be that coach that replaced Hue Stinks got the most out of them, and typical Browns they let him go while winning, and team goes back to looking like 0-16 Hue Stinks.  Tennessee is tough. 

Ravens are not without questions going into season.  Dolphins could surprise them. 

Of course want Patriots to own Steelers like they always do.  Spank Steelers and make them cry.  

Tennessee? The same team that was thinking maybe Tannehill was a better option?  Yes, want all these things to happen, but the only one I see is the Pats hopefully beating pitt.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:12 AM)jason Wrote: Miami is the worst team in the league, and it's not even that close. I'm not buying all the Browns hype yet, but on paper, they are way better than Tennessee. Tom Brady is Pittsburgh's daddy.

We just need to handle business, and not worry about the rest of em.

You under estimate Tennessee going into 2019, and they are a team that could win AFC South.   It's too early to say Miami is worst team there is.  It could be Ravens have lost enough key players that Dolphins get after them.  Anyway, I'm rooting for Browns, Ravens, Steelers to all lose out of the gate, and It Is Not Too Early to root for all 3 to lose.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Not too early as fans, but in my "coaches speak" it means nothing if we don't take care of our business.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It might be slim pickings for any of those to happen. Miami is just plain terrible, Tennessee's offense should be lucky to average more than 13 points/game this season, and NE has a habit of coming out slow to start the season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:06 AM)kevin Wrote: Tennessee is Tough.  Good offense with good QB.  One tough Defense. Good Special Teams.   Cleveland is all just a dream.  It could be that coach that replaced Hue Stinks got the most out of them, and typical Browns they let him go while winning, and team goes back to looking like 0-16 Hue Stinks.  Tennessee is tough. 

word is Miami is tanking this season  so a week 1 win would hurt them lol
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 10:10 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: word is Miami is tanking this season  so a week 1 win would hurt them lol

Fitzpatrick could have another of his magical early season games and win.  I'm not betting on it, but he was supposed to lose to the Saints in week 1 last year and he played like an MVP.  He usually waits until week 4 or so to turn back into a journeyman. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 10:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fitzpatrick could have another of his magical early season games and win.  I'm not betting on it, but he was supposed to lose to the Saints in week 1 last year and he played like an MVP.  He usually waits until week 4 or so to turn back into a journeyman. 

don't get me wrong ill be rooting for all AFCN teams but the bengals to lose every week....    (unless we need one of them to win for playoff standings later... )
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 10:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't get me wrong ill be rooting for all AFCN teams but the bengals to lose every week....    (unless we need one of them to win for playoff standings later... )

I hear ya, I'm just sayimg Fitzpatrick can play way above his paygrade early so Miami might not be an immediate W.  

It wouldn't floor me if the AFC North is 0-4 after this week.  Seems more likely thsn 4-0 at least.

I'll say the Ravens and Browns win due to having the most favorable matchups of the 4 though.  
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, I'm just sayimg Fitzpatrick can play way above his paygrade early so Miami might not be an immediate W.  

It wouldn't floor me if the AFC North is 0-4 after this week.  Seems more likely thsn 4-0 at least.

I'll say the Ravens and Browns win due to having the most favorable matchups of the 4 though.  

heres hoping Dalton stays undefeated vs the seachickens
Reply/Quote
Man I do love watching Tom Brady own the Steelers.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm always hoping the division rivals lose. But in the end we have to take care of business ourselves.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I give the Pats the best chance here...the others are not likely going to lose.  

Definitely the Pats, but Miami is a Sept-Oct team and nasty at home (their stadium is setup for the home team to have shade on the sidelines, while visiting team is exposed to the sun. Once it gets cold, Miami goes plfffffft lol.  I think Cleveland will win, but Tenn is no pushover. Heck, good chance all four teams start 0-1.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 08:17 AM)kevin Wrote: First week not too early to want Titans to beat Browns, Dolphins to beat Ravens, Patriots to beat Steelers.

It is possible, hoping we beat the Seahawks the most. If the Stains lose early their Diva players could have that team 
implode before the season even gets on a roll. I see the Ravens beating the Phins but you never know, Fitzy could have
some magic in him still. Pats sometimes start out slow but they still own the Stoolpitt.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tennessee? The same team that was thinking maybe Tannehill was a better option? 

The same Tennessee team that had the #3 scoring defense in the league and beat the Pats 34-10.

Not saying they are great, but with that D they can be tough on any team.  Mariota is a different QB with Delani Walker to throw to.
Reply/Quote
Miami will not beat Ravens. I think Ravens are the most solid team in the AFCN this year.

Browns will have a tough time against Titans. The Browns have so much pressure on their shoulders to win, mistakes will be made and I think they will lose against an underrated Titan team.

Ben is another year older. I think he will start showing his age this year. Patriots should win.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote