Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooting For NE, MIA, TENN For Bengals
Miami is going to get blown out. Titans are going to lose to the hype train that is Cleveland.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Kinda funny how people treat the Titans like they are a bottom-feeder team. They were 9-7 last year without Walker.
Their QB is decent. They have a lot of weapons on offense (Davis, Walker, Humphries, newly-drafted AJ Brown, Henry, Lewis). They have a decent overall OL. Their defense is good.

I'm kind of surprised we don't see the same pessimism about the Browns with their brand-new HC as we see with the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No Taylor Lewan Myles is about to go off and Mariotta sucks. New England can win but Miami is clearly tanking not saying they don’t have a chance bc I’m not high on Baltimore but the dolphins are a 3 win team
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same Tennessee team that had the #3 scoring defense in the league and beat the Pats 34-10.

Not saying they are great, but with that D they can be tough on any team.  Mariota is a different QB with Delani Walker to throw to.

Agreed and the Titans have a decent O-line and a good running game.

I don't see the Stains winning. This will slow the Stain hype a bit which will be nice.

(09-05-2019, 04:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Miami will not beat Ravens.  I think Ravens are the most solid team in the AFCN this year.  

Browns will have a tough time against Titans.  The Browns have so much pressure on their shoulders to win, mistakes will be made and I think they will lose against an underrated Titan team.  

Ben is another year older.  I think he will start showing his age this year.  Patriots should win.

Ravens still have a QB that has to run for them to win. You keep Lamar in the pocket and you can beat them.

We always say the Pig is getting old and he just keeps plugging along. Think the Stoolers are the most solid team until the 
Pig actually falls off and we start beating them. Which could happen under Taylor who is not a Stooler fan. I want to see 
how much better we are on the O-line and at LB'er and i want to see our new Playbook first before I have a clue about our
team. Lot of changes, think it will take some time for us to see what we really are. Think we will be more solid as the year
goes on.
Reply/Quote
I'm not saying Miami is bad, but if they win they will fire the coach, just saying.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:12 AM)jason Wrote: Miami is the worst team in the league, and it's not even that close. I'm not buying all the Browns hype yet, but on paper, they are way better than Tennessee. Tom Brady is Pittsburgh's daddy.

We just need to handle business, and not worry about the rest of em.

Browns OLine will crumble and get the wonderboy killed or severely injured in game 1.. Who's the backup in case of catastrophic failure? Oh..Malick Jefferson..I forgot..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 08:17 AM)kevin Wrote: First week not too early to want Titans to beat Browns, Dolphins to beat Ravens, Patriots to beat Steelers.

If that Tennessee QB has the hot hand and their D is good.  If Dolphins are ready to win.  If Patriots look like they did in Super Bowl. Would love to see all 3 others in AFC North lose first week.  

GO BENGALS....NEW DEY....... Tiger 

The Pats have had the Steelers' number, so here's hoping that continues.

Cannot see a scenario where the Phins beat the Ratbirds.

Really rooting hard for the Titans.  Would love to see a loss in Shangri La the very first game of the year.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: The Pats have had the Steelers' number, so here's hoping that continues.

Cannot see a scenario where the Phins beat the Ratbirds.

Really rooting hard for the Titans.  Would love to see a loss in Shangri La the very first game of the year.  

This.

I don't know what the Ravens will do this year, but I am pretty sure they will beat the Phins.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same Tennessee team that had the #3 scoring defense in the league and beat the Pats 34-10.

Not saying they are great, but with that D they can be tough on any team.  Mariota is a different QB with Delani Walker to throw to.

Yeah, and one of the hapless Browns teams beat a Brady-led Patriot team.  Anything can happen.  I just really doubt this one does.  I would be happy if it did, but I really doubt it.  I actually think 5 points at home is a gift for this game.  
Reply/Quote
This will never work.

If you root for Pitt, Balt and the Browns to lose...

That's only 75% of the division.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Remember the Rats defense took multiple big hits in Free Agency and Jackson has yet to demonstrate the ability to pass accurately. Also the Stains are hyped beyond belief.
Reply/Quote
I’ll take the Titans to win over Cleveland.Not much hope for Miami against Baltimore.The Patriots own Pittsburgh,especially at home.The Bengals just need to go into Seattle with confidence and take care of business and not think so much.Just get it done.I would love to see this game be the upset of the week.And furthermore,I think it can happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the Rats defense took multiple big hits in Free Agency and Jackson has yet to demonstrate the ability to pass accurately. Also the Stains are hyped beyond belief.

Remains to be seen how good the Ratbirds will be but one thing they for sure will be is miles better than Miami.  One thing those purple bastards will always have is a good defense.  How many good or even great players have cycled though there only to be replaced by another stud?   And one coordinator after another and still the beat goes on.  The sons o' bitches.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 09:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This will never work.

If you root for Pitt, Balt and the Browns to lose...

That's only 75% of the division.
Well, I'm sure not rooting for OUR BENGALS to lose.  People rooting for Bengals to lose have no business on a Bengals Fan Site, 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:23 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Miami is going to get blown out. 

Miami is not getting blown out; Taylor isn't their OC anymore. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:35 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember the Rats defense took multiple big hits in Free Agency and Jackson has yet to demonstrate the ability to pass accurately. Also the Stains are hyped beyond belief.

After that Playoff loss to the Chargers all the teams should know how to stop that Offense now.

Keep Lamar in the pocket and make him beat you throwing the ball. Remember last year when we played them and it
was so damn frustrating how Marv game planned that game. He did the exact opposite of how you should play Lamar.

(09-06-2019, 10:40 PM)McC Wrote: Remains to be seen how good the Ratbirds will be but one thing they for sure will be is miles better than Miami.  One thing those purple bastards will always have is a good defense.  How many good or even great players have cycled though there only to be replaced by another stud?   And one coordinator after another and still the beat goes on.  The sons o' bitches.

Yes, they are great at replacing Defensive talent. Purple bastids. Whatever
Reply/Quote
OK, so Ravens won easy

Browns and Steelers got spanked and sent to bed without their supper.

Bengals lost by 1 point at tough Seattle. OK, still a loss, but it helps that everybody but Ravens lost also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 04:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Miami will not beat Ravens.  I think Ravens are the most solid team in the AFCN this year.  

Browns will have a tough time against Titans.  The Browns have so much pressure on their shoulders to win, mistakes will be made and I think they will lose against an underrated Titan team.  

Ben is another year older.  I think he will start showing his age this year.  Patriots should win.

DING  DING DING!!! Nailed it.

I never took alot of pleasure from watching the Browns lose before this year, but with all the hype I think I think I enjoyed that as much as I did watching Brady and Bellichek throttle the Steelers. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

You were dead on about Walker and Mariota, although I still think Mariota is a bottom tier QB.  Cleveland had 7 personal fouls and one ejection by the fourth quarter.  That's 105 penalty yardage and losing your starting LT for the rest of the game.  It is early, but this new coach seems to have failed to instill a bit of discipline. 

I root for the Browns when they aren't playing the Bengals, but Baker Mayfield makes it a little hard to do now.  He has always been a first class feminine hygiene product, but he looks like he though he could just run around and improvise plays.  He was late on routes and looked lost.  I don't know how much of that was the Titans defense (I would imagine a lot) and how much was Mayfield thinking after his amazing rookie season that he didn't have to put in the work.

Either way, that stare down of Hue Jackson just might have come back to haunt the prique.  Funny thing was, Hue fought for him and wanted him drafted.  

They were in the game until the fourth quarter and completely imploded.  I have to say, they kind of deserved that.  They get the Jets on the road next week who look offensively challenged.  The Ravens get the Cards at home..that's 2-0.  Pitt has Seattle coming to their place.

After week 2, I could see the Ratbirds atop the division at 2-0, the Bengals and Browns in the middle at 1-1, and pitt at the bottom (love it...might have a 4=12 season and start talking about drafting a new Piggy) at 0-2. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:28 AM)Shady Wrote: DING  DING DING!!! Nailed it.

I never took alot of pleasure from watching the Browns lose before this year, but with all the hype I think I think I enjoyed that as much as I did watching Brady and Bellichek throttle the Steelers. 

same here Shady.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote