Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roquan Smith. LB Georgia
(12-13-2017, 04:21 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: have you not watched Rey, Vigil n Evans play this year? they stink

My point exactly. The same thing people are saying about the linebackers coming out this year, are the same comments made about the ones we have. Wink  And I think with some better coaching, Vigil and Evans could be a lot better than they play now...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My point exactly. The same thing people are saying about the linebackers coming out this year, are the same comments made about the ones we have. Wink  And I think with some better coaching, Vigil and Evans could be a lot better than they play now...

You know the Vigil threads were more funny than anything. I honestly didn't expect him to turn into the next Luke Kuechly.

But he has been very underwhelming. He has only played well at WILL this year in the Buffalo game. Funny that Burfict played
well at SAM in that same game. Speaking of Roquan Smith, wonder what he is projected to play in the NFL. All i know is he is
all over the field on that Georgia Defense making plays.

If Roquan can play MIKE and either Evans or Vigil can become something under another coach not named Haslett this might
be a really great pick as long as the O-line is taken care of.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 04:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My point exactly. The same thing people are saying about the linebackers coming out this year, are the same comments made about the ones we have. Wink  And I think with some better coaching, Vigil and Evans could be a lot better than they play now...

only one of those guys was drafted kinda high, 3rd round. Vigil.   and most fans as i recall hated the pick. i was one of them.  either you have it or you dont, n vigil does not have it.  cant tackle worth a damn. Roquan is on another level.  pretty much everyone agrees will be a stud.    
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 12:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: ok. now is the time to start thinking draft. picking at around #9 this would be ideal slot to draft this difference maker. in the mold of Falcons Jones, or Bucs David hes the new type of LB we need to team with Burfict. lets be honest , besides Burfict our lbs are garbage. love this guy. i wanted Foster last year, but ill be happy with Smith.. still cant believe we drafted a injury prone undersized wr. fml
Check out @UgaRecruitNews’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/UgaRecruitNews/status/939678206755565568?s=09
Derwin James needs to be the pick! He's 6"3 223. Can play fs SS lb de CB. Smith is a monster, but I don't think vigil has played to his potential yet. He's had some very good games this year but played every snap of every game. So he had some bad plays to wear him out... Vigil also came from the mountain west where I think it takes 2 years to get acclimated to the nfl. One year to get to actual college lever another to get to nfl level. So next year we will see the real vigil.
(12-13-2017, 01:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is why we need to atleast grab a Guard like Andrew Norwell in FA.

Then take Roquan with our 1st rounder and grab a Center next.

Price is going round 1, which is who we need. And norwell gonna get 9 million. Not paying that for an average guard.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 06:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Derwin James needs to be the pick! He's 6"3 223. Can play fs SS lb de CB. Smith is a monster, but I don't think vigil has played to his potential yet. He's had some very good games this year but played every snap of every game. So he had some bad plays to wear him out...  Vigil also came from the mountain west where I think it takes 2 years to get acclimated to the nfl. One year to get to actual college lever another to get to nfl level. So next year we will see the real vigil.

Price is going round 1, which is who we need. And norwell gonna get 9 million. Not paying that for an average guard.

So you want Derwin James and Billy Price in the 1st, doubt that happens Jpoore.

We would have to trade up in the first for Price if you are correct. Centers rarely go in the 1st round though, he might fall.

But he has played Guard too so i could be wrong and you could be right.

Norwell graded way above average this year, like top 5 last i saw.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 03:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nobody likes talking draft more than I. That is why I would like to remind everyone that we have a whole forum dedicated to draft talk.

Seconded 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So you want Derwin James and Billy Price in the 1st, doubt that happens Jpoore.

We would have to trade up in the first for Price if you are correct. Centers rarely go in the 1st round though, he might fall.

But he has played Guard too so i could be wrong and you could be right.

Norwell graded way above average this year, like top 5 last i saw.

Career wise he's been around 11-15. That's what he was last year. And yes Billy price and Derwin James are 1a and 1b followed by Smith.  I would have no problem trading back into the first to get price as most scouts believe he can be a pro bowl type player at center or guard. But either one I would be fine with 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 04:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if there is OL worthy of going where we pick that's what we gotta get... That would be the biggest difference maker based on this season

Our Defense is 19th in the league, were bottom five in third downs given up, Rush defense, and forced turnovers. We need a lB as much as we need an offensive line man. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Rashaan Evans from Alabama is someone to keep an eye on through the draft process. I think he fits what the Bengals do at inside linebacker.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
vs Miss State

vs Missou

vs KY

Looks like a late 2nd to early 4th rounder to me.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:40 AM)treee Wrote: vs Miss State

vs Missou

vs KY

I don't think the guy who won most of the LB awards and came in the top 8 in Heisman voting is a late 2nd to early 4th. Most have him going in the top 15... I watched every UGA game this year. Dude is a missile.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Rashaan Evans from Alabama is someone to keep an eye on through the draft process. I think he fits what the Bengals do at inside linebacker.

Thats not very nice to say about him 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:40 AM)treee Wrote: vs Miss State

vs Missou

vs KY

He looks way to slight play in the middle of an NFL defense. I could see being a in the box type of safety though.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 03:00 AM)Synric Wrote: Rashaan Evans from Alabama is someone to keep an eye on through the draft process. I think he fits what the Bengals do at inside linebacker.

What do the Bengals do at inside backer? I haven't figured that one out.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He looks way to slight play in the middle of an NFL defense. I could see being a in the box type of safety though.

Eh. You spend so much time in nickel now, there's very little difference. Deion Jones for the Falcons is proof of that. Telvin Smith in Jacksonville. Smaller faster LBs are the future. Ryan Shazier is listed at 230. 

(12-19-2017, 05:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What do the Bengals do at inside backer? I haven't figured that one out.

Usually nothing good. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:07 PM)mroudfly Wrote: I don't think the guy who won most of the LB awards and came in the top 8 in Heisman voting is a late 2nd to early 4th. Most have him going in the top 15... I watched every UGA game this year. Dude is a missile.

Didn't look like a top 15 pick in those 3 videos to me, and that's all I had to go on. Yea, two of them are from 2016 so he very much could have stepped his game up.
Reply/Quote
Dominant

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What do the Bengals do at inside backer? I haven't figured that one out.

Starting MLBs in Cincy seem to have to attack gaps more often than read and react. Of course that could due to be them having to play Rey Mauluga and Kevin Minter with Burfict mostly playing the nickle middle linebacker.

But if I had a pick... while Roquan Smith looks like he would be an excellent weak side linebacker I feel the Bengals need someone that is more physical at the hats hehe line of scrimmage and can take on blocks by offensive linemen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 05:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: He looks way to slight play in the middle of an NFL defense. I could see being a in the box type of safety though.

Not sure if you were one who specifically wanted Foster or not last year, but Roquan Smith is near identical size to Foster (6'1", 225 lb vs 6'1", 228 lb).
FWIW, Foster is playing MIKE in SF's 4-3 defense.

With that said, I too think the Bengals prefer a somewhat bigger LB to handle MIKE...at least with the current regime.
Kevin Minter and Vincent Rey are both in the mid-240's.

Josey Jewell from Iowa is 6'2", 236 lbs. Malik Jefferson from Texas is 6'3", 240 lbs. Micah Kiser from Virginia is 6'2", 240 lbs.
If the Bengals are looking for a MIKE that has been like what they've always preferred, Micah Kiser probably fits that mold the best. He's a solid tackler that can play the run, but he likely would come off the field in passing situations in favor of a faster LB that can cover.
Jewell, Jefferson, and Roquan Smith are more likely to make impact plays but probably miss more tackles than Kiser would.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure if you were one who specifically wanted Foster or not last year, but Roquan Smith is near identical size to Foster (6'1", 225 lb vs 6'1", 228 lb).
FWIW, Foster is playing MIKE in SF's 4-3 defense.

With that said, I too think the Bengals prefer a somewhat bigger LB to handle MIKE...at least with the current regime.
Kevin Minter and Vincent Rey are both in the mid-240's.

Josey Jewell from Iowa is 6'2", 236 lbs. Malik Jefferson from Texas is 6'3", 240 lbs. Micah Kiser from Virginia is 6'2", 240 lbs.
If the Bengals are looking for a MIKE that has been like what they've always preferred, Micah Kiser probably fits that mold the best. He's a solid tackler that can play the run, but he likely would come off the field in passing situations in favor of a faster LB that can cover.
Jewell, Jefferson, and Roquan Smith are more likely to make impact plays but probably miss more tackles than Kiser would.

At first I did want Foster, but the whole combine thing turned me off. I don't know a lot about the guys you mentioned that fit our mold but can sprint to the outside or do they lope behind like ours? Their is 1 kid I really like, but is only junior and hasn't committed to staying or going, Vanderesh from Boise ST. 6'4" around 240 and is a tackling machine. 
Reply/Quote