Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rose Garden Redo has started
Looks like they added a sidewalk so Trump can walk without risking falling and otherwise made it crap.

This is priority for the First Lady apparently.

I guess the "Be Best" Campaign is running smoothly enough for her to move on.*  Ninja

*I do not mean to imply that the campaign was not worthwhile only that it seems, to me, that the First Lady paid it lip service while ignoring the actions and words of her husband and thus make a joke at it's (and her) expense. Others may have a higher regard for the campaign and a better aesthetic eye for how the "new" Rose Garden looks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
It looks cleaner and more open, but I'm not a fan of the zig zag hedges.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:18 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It looks cleaner and more open, but I'm not a fan of the zig zag hedges.

Perfect for a sitting President to have a political rally in!  Ninja
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Where are the roses?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:42 AM)Dill Wrote: Where are the roses?

Not sure.  I read the trees were relocated to be cared for an planted elsewhere later.

This kind of reflects her European-ish sense of "style" I suppose.  Cold, unwelcoming, lacking color. As well as the Trump lack of taste, love of concrete vs nature and general borishness.

You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not sure.  I read the trees were relocated to be cared for an planted elsewhere later.

This kind of reflects her European-ish sense of "style" I suppose.  Cold, unwelcoming, lacking color.  As well as the Trump lack of taste, love of concrete vs nature and general borishness.

I think pointing out that she is foreign born is unnecessary in his tweet. She's a US citizen now. 

I'm also not sure if there's truth to the statement that rose bushes had been there since Wilson. I couldn't find that anywhere. 

Complaining about Jackie Kennedy's trees being removed is fair. I hope they were relocated. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Right wing view - Looks like Trump is settling in for another 4 years!

Left wing view - Trump knows he's gonna lose so he's trying to mess up as many things for Biden as he can.

My view - Melania is going to be out of there in 2020 via vote or divorce, so what's the point?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I think pointing out that she is foreign born is unnecessary in his tweet. She's a US citizen now. 

I'm also not sure if there's truth to the statement that rose bushes had been there since Wilson. I couldn't find that anywhere. 

Complaining about Jackie Kennedy's trees being removed is fair. I hope they were relocated. 

I think its points to her "culture".  The first Christmas and the dark themes she used is another example.

Very European.  Very sterile.

Edit to add I went back to look and it wasn't dark that first year. Just very red and plain.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
Removing the trees gives the snipers an unobstructed view.
Reply/Quote
Given her past, I was expecting stripper poles and a mud wrestling pit. I'll take sterile over that, I suppose.
Reply/Quote
I was hoping for two columns with about of 20 of these statues on each side of the Rose Garden . . .

[Image: manneken-pis-peeing-boy-nude-600x785.jpg]
Reply/Quote