Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Ross’s 5th Year Option Declined
(05-04-2020, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Those are the exact stats I used.  Plus tds.

But you have to look at "per game" because Tate played 4 more games than Ross last year.

Sure. I know when the NFL lists their league leaders they do it "per game" instead of totals. What the hell was I thinking? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 11:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixed feelings on this. There's 4 WRs on the team I'd rather see do better than JR for various reasons.

Green
Boyd
Higgins
Tate

If JR has a breakout season then one of them under performed. 

Maybe. Depends on the level of breakout really. Obviously only so many yards/TDs to go around, but if Burrow is really that good then we should see bigger passing numbers anyway.

If forced to choose as per your post though, I'd definitely rather see Green/Boyd/Higgins have good years than I would Ross. 
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 11:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. I know when the NFL lists their league leaders they do it "per game" instead of totals. What the hell was I thinking? 

Not sure, but probably something along the lines of "How can I spin Tate's lame numbers to make him look close to Ross in production?"
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure, but probably something along the lines of "How can I spin Tate's lame numbers to make him look close to Ross in production?"

No doubt I "spun numbers" by using totals. "Fred Logic": You just can't understand it. 

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure, but probably something along the lines of "How can I spin Tate's lame numbers to make him look close to Ross in production?"

How is it spin when being available is part of the equation of what makes a productive player?
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: How is it spin when being available is part of the equation of what makes a productive player?

Leave Fred alone.

Everybody knows that DeShawn Jackson with his 9 catches for 159 yards had a better season than Larry Fitz with his 75 catches for 804 yards because D-Jax average more yards per game and catch.

Quit trying ti spin things.

Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt I "spun numbers" by using totals. "Fred Logic": You just can't understand it. 

You just have to be able to keep up with the constantly moving targets depending on who he's defending.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Leave Fred alone.

Everybody knows that DeShawn Jackson with his 9 catches for 159 yards had a better season than Larry Fitz with his 75 catches for 804 yards because D-Jax average more yards per game and catch.

Quit trying ti spin things.

So you're saying Damion Willis should be getting more snaps in the Bengals offense this year than AJ Green.  I mean, he did have more catches and yards last year, right?  

You play the guys that are more productive when they're healthy.  It's not rocket science.  You think the Steelers are going to start Mason Rudolph over Big Ben because he had more passing yards last year?  If they aren't healthy, next man up.  

Seriously, we're talking about a guy that had the lowest catch % of any player with at least 80 targets last year.  He was also one of only two WR's with 80 or more targets to score 1 TD.  He had the second lowest yardage total of WR's with at least 80 targets.  There is absolutely nothing there suggesting the guy should be getting the ball more.  
Reply/Quote