Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2 More 'Possible' Wins
(11-13-2017, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think both the Bears and possibly the Browns are going to beat the Bengals.  If the Bengals get any more wins, it will have to be on a perfect day, when another team has a bad day.  

I mean, if you're going to promote a build up for the 50th Anniversary Season, and then bomb out, you might as well go whole-hog and at least go for a top 5 draft pick.  At least leave the incoming coach something to work with..

How have the Browns improved enough or the Bengals weakened enough to make you believe they will beat the Bengals?
IMO Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon coming back but Joe Thomas now on IR doesn't seem like a big enough improvement to believe the Browns will somehow go from losing by 24 in October to winning in late November.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:06 AM)corpjet Wrote: Hate to say it but hope we lose out with the exception of the Browns and Squealers game.........I'll take the hight draft pick of Orlando Brown out of Oklahoma and plug him in at LT and start to fill in the pieces from there......

(11-14-2017, 01:13 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Question is what games we can win and more what games do we want to win?

I contend that we lose out.

No reason to try to gain morale victories on a sinking ship.

Bomb out, get Marvin's ass fired, hopefully many of his assistants go with him, we get a top 5 pick and start a proper rebuild.

I am with these guys, hope we lose out and get a really high pick. Just need to get rid of Marv and PA and then we
have a shot at a future playoff win. We will probably win atleast 3 more games though once we are eliminated from
playoff contention. Just the way this team rolls. Wins when it doesn't matter, loses when it does matter under Marv.
Reply/Quote
Believe they will win 5, 6, or 7 games.

So going with the average at 6-10

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Sadly it was the Homer in me that puts it that high.

Oh well, will still root for Bengals to win each and every game no matter how ugly it gets.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I didn't want to start a whole new thread so I'll ask it here: how many losses do you think will have to happen before Brown fires Merv mid-season?

I know most likely Merv's riding this train toward Clayton Ravine 'til it's destructive end, but is there a possibility after a few more losses in a row that Brown decides to just say, "Eff it. Merv, you're fired."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sadly it was the Homer in me that puts it that high.

Oh well, will still root for Bengals to win each and every game no matter how ugly it gets.

I don't think that is far fetched at all, like i said we win when it doesn't matter and lose when it does matter under Marv.

Expecting atleast 3 more wins. Don't like it though, would rather get a real high pick and make sure there is no thought of
bringing back this guy. If him and PA are brought back i might not be a fan of the Bengals anymore and i have always said
i would always be one. But this would be catastrophic in my eyes, a tragedy.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I didn't want to start a whole new thread so I'll ask it here: how many losses do you think will have to happen before Brown fires Merv mid-season?

I know most likely Merv's riding this train toward Clayton Ravine 'til it's destructive end, but is there a possibility after a few more losses in a row that Brown decides to just say, "Eff it. Merv, you're fired."

I don't see MB firing Marv no matter how bad the team is. Don't have to either, just hire a new HC after the season.

Let Marv go and the rest of the coaches. Start fresh.
Reply/Quote
Be better off if they just lose out.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I didn't want to start a whole new thread so I'll ask it here: how many losses do you think will have to happen before Brown fires Merv mid-season?

Not a chance. If he fires anyone, he still has to pay them till the end of the year. Why do that when he can just play it out and not renew/sign any contracts when the season is over?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'd have to go back and look, but I'm fairly sure I put the floor at 4-12, and the ceiling at 8-8 going into the preseason.  I see no reason to budge.  I'm thinking 5-9-1 Ninja Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m thinking they get one more win against the Browns and that’s it. 4-12 will be the final record for this amazing 50th anniversary
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 06:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd have to go back and look, but I'm fairly sure I put the floor at 4-12, and the ceiling at 8-8 going into the preseason.  I see no reason to budge.  I'm thinking 5-9-1 Ninja Wink

It would be cool if we finished like 3-6-7 or something. We should just tie the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Denver is a winnable game. They've lost what 5 in a row. Their defense has sucked too.

Yeah, Lap was talking about this last night.  Can't remember the percentages, but our O is 32nd in the league in making third-down conversions, and Denver's D is #1 in fewest third-down conversions allowed.  I'd love a W against that team and their smug fans, but that math looks bad.

(11-13-2017, 10:35 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Nope 10-6.

Yes.  The Bengals will meet the Packers in Minny for the Super Bowl  Mellow

(11-14-2017, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's interesting that I get criticized for being negative about the team by many on the board...and you guys are all more down on the team than me.

But...you know IF we beat Denver on the road...that some 20% of the board will be talking about how we're going to make our run. They'll be like win @ Denver. win vs Cleveland. That will get us to 5-6. Then if we can steal one...6-6.

[Image: 350.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote