Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How sweet would a week 10 win be?
To beat Pittsburgh we need our OL (whoever that may be) to win the line of scrimmage. Defensively they need to not give up big plays or lots of YAC. And GET OFF THE FIELD ON THIRD DOWN!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We all dream of beating Pitt. We have to, because it never happens.

Still, we could get some reinforcements. Mixon. Hubbard. Jonah. Jordan. XSF. Hopkins.

Any word on Phillips?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:49 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Imagine this. Bengals come off the bye having beaten a 5-1 team the week before, to go on and beat the undefeated 7-0 Steelers. That would put the Bengals at 3-5-1 with four very favorable matchups in the weeks following with a confidence at an all time high. Do I think the Bengals beat the Steelers? No. I give it about a 5% chance, but if they could just somehow sneak it out, the season starts to get real interesting at that point. It’s a shame the defense could not do their job against the Browns and Colts, because otherwise we would be having a real discussion looking at possible playoffs down the road.

The bye could not have come at a better time.  I am sure they will self-scout and find even more effective ways to move the ball and make necessary adjustments on defense.

The steelers are a more complete team right now that just about anyone in the league because of their defense.  Solid at all three levels.  I can't wait to see Joe Burrow in his first action against pitt, but a part of me wishes he were out there in a spiked suit of armour.  Those bastards will be aiming for knee ligaments, you just know it.

That being said, I hope the Bengals come out and play aggressive.  If you get beat being aggressive, so be it, but I want you to fight.  

If they somehow pull out a win in pitt, things are going to get really interesting yet this season.  The temptation will be to say "if only we won the Charger game", but for every upset win (Tenn, hopefully pitt) that is one more of those losses that evens out the ledger.  With games against Dallas, Washington, Miami, and the NYG still on the schedule after pitt,  it isn't impossible to see a scenario where the Bengals would be 7-5-1 with three games remaining against pitt, Houston, and Baltimore.  How exciting would that be? 

It all starts next week in pitt.  Monumental task for Joe and the boys, but I think he is up to the task.  Kid just gets better every week.   
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:13 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I feel like if this team could learn how to rush the passer and get off the field on third down the sky is the limit.

At least the pig is a more stationary target than the likes of Jackson, Mayfield, Tyrod, Minshew, and Tannehill...but so was the statue Phillip Rivers and he torched the defense.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:24 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I admit I'm letting myself fantasize about it. Win the next two after that and they push their record back to .500.

Best thing is Hubbard comes back (I assume).

I'd give it about a 10 percent chance.

Isn't that part of the fun?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:49 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I think the staff should dial up more designed passes to Mixon. He is perfectly capable as a pass catcher and can add an element the other team would have to account for, vs currently if Mixon on the field almost always a run and Gio on field a pass.

Completely agree, need to get less predictable with our RB's. Use them to their strengths while not sacrificing production.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Possible after what we just saw honestly. I am probably going to pick the Steelers to win but I doubt it will be a beat down if we can 
just stop the run somewhat. The O-line play just needs to keep improving and the pass rush needs to start getting home. The bye 
week should really help along with the confidence of finally beating a good team and the Steelers playing a shitty team this week.

The Cowboys are a pushover right now. Do not think we are after beating the Titans.

The key to the Steelers is the same as it was against the Ravens. 

Stop the rush and give Burrow time to work. 

Didn't happen against the Ravens and we're about to see how it does against Pitt, which i think is a bigger test than the Ravens. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2020, 12:45 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I've seen this movie before. A confident Bengals team goes to play a Steeler team and gets crushed.

I am more confident in this Bengals team going against the Steelers than I have been in years, but, I just don't see a victory here. But hey, you never know.

Yep. That's exactly what i'm going to expect. The Steelers Dline is just so strong, they have solid play in the back end, a running game and Ben. 

Also, they never come out flat against the Bengals. 

The forcast right now calls for a convincing Steelers win. It's what should be expected. A Titans beat down was expected too, so a win against Pitt (as unlikely as it is) would be even sweeter. 

But don't get your (generally speaking) hopes up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I would honestly almost consider it a win if Burrow comes out of the game not being hurt. You can almost bet those cheap shop pukes will try and take him out of the game. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Pig Pen Stupidburger walking off the field with that dejected look on his fat, worthless face, having the Bengals give them their first loss. We shall see. Funny they flexed this game to the afternoon.
Reply/Quote
Taylor needs to convince this team in the practices
Leading up.to.this game he expects them to win.
Not be competitive, or give a good fight for 4 quarters
But simply win. Football is 80% mental.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 01:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The key to the Steelers is the same as it was against the Ravens. 

Stop the rush and give Burrow time to work. 

Didn't happen against the Ravens and we're about to see how it does against Pitt, which i think is a bigger test than the Ravens. 

Agreed, thankfully I think we are a better team than we were at the time we played the Ravens.

Plus we get a couple weeks to study up and get healthy. I think we have a chance if we do what you say here...

All be it a small chance.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2020, 07:53 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I would honestly almost consider it a win if Burrow comes out of the game not being hurt.  You can almost bet those cheap shop pukes will try and take him out of the game.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing Pig Pen Stupidburger walking off the field with that dejected look on his fat, worthless face, having the Bengals give them their first loss.  We shall see.  Funny they flexed this game to the afternoon.

Spoken like a true Bengals fan, well said bro lol
Reply/Quote