Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross health scratch today!
I'm not necessarily happy about this (we have no speed threats now), but it had to be done. The guy's been given 4 years' worth of chances. Injuries and inconsistent play and effort. He's done here.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: BuT wHaT aBoUt HiS cOnFiDeNcE??

It’s what he’s earned. No more playing time based off draft position. Playing time is earned through merit.

So Billy Price won't see as many snaps as he has been racking up in his career?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So Billy Price won't see as many snaps as he has been racking up in his career?

Pretty sure they keep putting him in there when somebody gets hurt.
Reply/Quote
As he should be. Keep him inactive for 2 games, longer if Tate and Higgins are producing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm not necessarily happy about this (we have no speed threats now), but it had to be done. The guy's been given 4 years' worth of chances. Injuries and inconsistent play and effort. He's done here.

Thomas ran a 4.4 at his pro-day. He can fill the speed role.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm not necessarily happy about this (we have no speed threats now), but it had to be done.  The guy's been given 4 years' worth of chances.  Injuries and inconsistent play and effort.  He's done here.

I think that his speed is negated by the porous offensive line.  We can't protect long enough to get off deep shots, so we have to switch gears and start playing the possession receivers.  Everything is going to be contested, and we need the guys who can come down with tough balls around the marker to move the chains.  If we can do that consistently, teams can't crowd the box, and the run game will become more effective.  Get that going, and there will be opportunities for Green, Boyd, and/or Thomas down the field on play action passes.
Reply/Quote
This is a sign of terrible roster management.

You have the guy who lead the entire WR corp inreps in week 1 now being a healthy scratch just two weeks later. There were no injuries that influenced that usage in week 1, of the scratch today.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm up in arms only because he's inactive. I have no problem with it, he's looked awful. But it's a head-scratcher that this staff thought he was worthy of so much work in week 1 and now he's not even worthy of suiting up.

And couple all of this with the fact that Tate was inactive last week. It's seems like there's a lot of movement without a lot of planning or foresight.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is a sign of terrible roster management.

You have the guy who lead the entire WR corp inreps in week 1 now being a healthy scratch just two weeks later. There were no injuries that influenced that usage in week 1, of the scratch today.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm up in arms only because he's inactive. I have no problem with it, he's looked awful. But it's a head-scratcher that this staff thought he was worthy of so much work in week 1 and now he's not even worthy of suiting up.

And couple all of this with the fact that Tate was inactive last week. It's seems like there's a lot of movement without a lot of planning or foresight.

Could be a product of no preseason games. Coaches have to use regular season games to sort these things out.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:37 PM)pally Wrote: John Ross a healthy scratch

Tee and Joe Show!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 01:34 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This is a sign of terrible roster management.

You have the guy who lead the entire WR corp inreps in week 1 now being a healthy scratch just two weeks later.  There were no injuries that influenced that usage in week 1, of the scratch today.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm up in arms only because he's inactive.  I have no problem with it, he's looked awful.  But it's a head-scratcher that this staff thought he was worthy of so much work in week 1 and now he's not even worthy of suiting up.

And couple all of this with the fact that Tate was inactive last week.  It's seems like there's a lot of movement without a lot of planning or foresight.

Or it could be the exact opposite, and it is all about planning.

It could be that they were intent on a game plan of getting deep via speed last week (spoiler alert, didn't work) and today on height mismatch (as was pointed out by Hobson during the week).
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think his lack of hustle when Burrow was running the hurry up was the killer here. What a loser. Gets a great new QB and still can’t put in the effort.

I still say try to trade him to Seattle. I believe he just never enjoyed being in Cinci.

No don’t trade him to Seattle. I get the Washington connection but he will shine with Russell Wilson throwing those deep balls to him. With the Bengals luck he will go up there and miraculously learn to catch the ball again.
Wilson throws the best bombs in the league and we will regret sending him there. Trade him to the Jets!
Reply/Quote
I was rooting for Ross to finally put it all together as much as anyone, but this had to happen at this point.

Maybe he’ll figure it out somewhere else, but we have to just chalk him up to being a bust and move on after this season. Glad they didn’t pick up his 5th year.

Reply/Quote
I was going to ask about targets to Tate.

But then I realized you can't target anybody with .075 seconds to throw...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Trade John Ross and draft picks for a proven offensive lineman.
Reply/Quote
Ross was not missed and shouldn't see the field again.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:19 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Trade John Ross and draft picks for a proven offensive lineman.

Why would any team make that trade?

Reply/Quote
I think Tee Higgins has played his way into the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: BuT wHaT aBoUt HiS cOnFiDeNcE??

It’s what he’s earned. No more playing time based off draft position. Playing time is earned through merit.

And no more playing time based on salary.
Reply/Quote
He'll have plenty of time to contemplate for the future.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 12:32 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Finally!

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1310240686365605888?s=20

Damn! I was off by 2 games. I had Higgins taking the starting job away from Ross by game 5. It only took until game 3.

Healthy inactive is a slap in the face. Marv gave him the same slap in his rookie year. It's saying, "We don't need you arse here!"

Reply/Quote