Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross hurt foot playing CB
He hurt the foot landing on it so position didn't matter.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Seeing conflicting reports on this. Ben Baby is reporting it was running routes as a WR.
Reply/Quote
Garfalo corrected his original statement. He was hurt running a route but earlier in the practice had agreed to play CB but hadn’t gotten to it yet.
Reply/Quote
Was he going to play this week? Probably not, so while it sucks for him it’s not really a big loss to the team
Reply/Quote
This dude seriously needs to start thinking about a different career...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Breaker breaker one nine...

John Ross... Forgot about that dude.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Is there anything ever good to report on this guy at all?????
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 03:40 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Was he going to play this week? Probably not, so while it sucks for him it’s not really a big loss to the team

probably not...and won't for at least 3 weeks...he's on IR now

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 04:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is there anything ever good to report on this guy at all?????

Benching him in favor of Higgins?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Well, it worked for Richard Sherman....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This should be Ross' uniform, with a pair of matching pants to protect his delicate legs.

[Image: humor-weird-fashion-dress-clothes-people...-dtess.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Has anyone checked on his confidence?
Reply/Quote
All of the crapping on ross aside anyone else like this move generally?

I really like this as an experiment. Why not give him a chance at CB; who knows maybe it'll work.

We're not thin at receiver and he sucks at it anyways.

Worth a shot.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 07:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: All of the crapping on ross aside anyone else like this move generally?

I really like this as an experiment. Why not give him a chance at CB; who knows maybe it'll work.

We're not thin at receiver and he sucks at it anyways.

Worth a shot.

We should have been trying to get something out of him this entire time. Be it returning kicks, playing DB, or whatever.

I’m all for it.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This dude seriously needs to start thinking about a different career...

Yep football just isn't gonna work for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 03:59 PM)jason Wrote: Breaker breaker one nine...

John Ross... Forgot about that dude.

That was just mean.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are like 4 or 5 deep with dangerous WRs, we're going to get toasted..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 10:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Steelers are like 4 or 5 deep with dangerous WRs, we're going to get toasted..

They have largely been getting the ball out of their QBs hands quickly (Piggy has the fastest release this year at 2.1 seconds....insert Coed joke here) and nickel-and-diming teams.  They haven't been very successful with deep passes this season. This is why the Bengals invested in the new LBs, Bell, and Alexander (hope he plays, as he is critical for today).  

They also like to use their big, fast WR (Claypool) on reverses and jet sweeps, even in short yardage.  Our guys have to play good assignment-based football and not get caught diving in.  

The defense has to hold them to 24 points.  I think the Bengals can score more than that.  Three punts.  Stop them on three drives and sustain long drives yourself.  It won't be easy, but the defensive line needs to get their arms in the air (hope Hunt plays) and knock some of Piggy's quick passes down, or tip them for INTs (even better).  

It is supposed to rain all day, but oddly stop right around game time.  That is pretty good luck since they moved the game to 4:25 weeks ago. 

This game is about Joe Burrow and Lou Anarumo.  Burrow has had a clunker against Baltimore, where he got tons of pressure.  The Bengals added quicker routes and more screens since that game and have scored 27,34, and 31 points against some pretty good defenses.  This is exactly the kind of game where Burrow will rise.  

Lou needs to show that he can adapt his scheme to his talent and come up with a way to frustrate the quick passing game of pitt.  If he can hold pitt to under 24 points and the injury-riddled Bengals can get out of here with a win, it will have gone a long way to giving him some job security.  

Who Dey, my friends.  Ten straight losses?  Time to start a new streak.  
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 04:00 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Is there anything ever good to report on this guy at all?????

yes.. he won;t be here next year...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 09:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They have largely been getting the ball out of their QBs hands quickly (Piggy has the fastest release this year at 2.1 seconds....insert Coed joke here) and nickel-and-diming teams.  They haven't been very successful with deep passes this season. This is why the Bengals invested in the new LBs, Bell, and Alexander (hope he plays, as he is critical for today).  

They also like to use their big, fast WR (Claypool) on reverses and jet sweeps, even in short yardage.  Our guys have to play good assignment-based football and not get caught diving in.  

The defense has to hold them to 24 points.  I think the Bengals can score more than that.  Three punts.  Stop them on three drives and sustain long drives yourself.  It won't be easy, but the defensive line needs to get their arms in the air (hope Hunt plays) and knock some of Piggy's quick passes down, or tip them for INTs (even better).  

It is supposed to rain all day, but oddly stop right around game time.  That is pretty good luck since they moved the game to 4:25 weeks ago. 

This game is about Joe Burrow and Lou Anarumo.  Burrow has had a clunker against Baltimore, where he got tons of pressure.  The Bengals added quicker routes and more screens since that game and have scored 27,34, and 31 points against some pretty good defenses.  This is exactly the kind of game where Burrow will rise.  

Lou needs to show that he can adapt his scheme to his talent and come up with a way to frustrate the quick passing game of pitt.  If he can hold pitt to under 24 points and the injury-riddled Bengals can get out of here with a win, it will have gone a long way to giving him some job security.  

Who Dey, my friends.  Ten straight losses?  Time to start a new streak.  

Steelers offensive is going to drive and get yards.. I predict they will score 5 times, the key will be to make 3 of them FGs... and Bengals have to score 3 of 4 times with TDs.. and we could come out 24-23.. but Burrow will have to play turnover free and Bengals have to perform great in red zone to give use that chance.. 
Reply/Quote