Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross needs to a huge game Thursday!!
our 1st Rd pick needs to show up in a very critical week 2 matchup. one catch is going to get it done. Marv is so stuck on Mixon getting more touches is he forgetting about Ross and his lack of targets?
Ross can do exactly what Tyrek Hill doing in KC.
The Ravens are hurting at CB tomorrow.
its time to get JR more involved.
sluggo routes...wheel routes..jet sweeps...whatever it takes.
I hope Lazor doesnt get this idea to try to ram the ball down the throats on the Ravens. their front 7 is just plain
impossible to run consistantly on.
Ross,is,the X factor.
Reply/Quote
not going to get it done I meant
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: our 1st Rd pick needs to show up in a very critical week 2 matchup. one catch is going to get it done. Marv is so stuck on Mixon getting more touches is he forgetting about Ross and his lack of targets?
I hope Lazor doesnt get this idea to try to ram the ball down the throats on the Ravens. their front 7 is just plain

Ross,is,the X factor.

certain Lazor will use a balanced attack once again and that is what I want to see again. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ross can do exactly what Tyrek Hill doing in KC.

Uhhh I don't know about that. Hill is a different species of football player. Nothing against Ross, but Hill might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in football. He has better ball skills, hands, vision, route runner and is honestly probably even faster than Ross.

Don't expect a lot of you to agree with this post, but there is no way they are exactly the same. Not even close at this point.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:22 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Uhhh I don't know about that. Hill is a different species of football player. Nothing against Ross, but Hill might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in football. He has better ball skills, hands, vision, route runner and is honestly probably even faster than Ross.

Don't expect a lot of you to agree with this post, but there is no way they are exactly the same. Not even close at this point.

Not bashing Ross at all, but I agree.

"Field vision" is one of the most valuable skills for a ball carrier, and it is also pretty much impossible to measure in any drill.  When you are down on the field (not looking down from a stadium seat or camera) with 21 other players all running at different speeds and different angles it is not easy to see where the holes and running lanes will appear and how they will change.  Great open field runners have a gift to take in all that information and analyze it instantaneously.  It is like a math genius who can look at a complex formula and immediately know how it all fits together or a musician that can hear a complete symphony just by looking at the sheet music.

Good runners see the holes open.  Great runners see them before they open.

I don't know if Hill's raw athletic skills are superior to Ross, but his field vision is as good or better than any player in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:22 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Uhhh I don't know about that. Hill is a different species of football player. Nothing against Ross, but Hill might be the most dangerous offensive weapon in football. He has better ball skills, hands, vision, route runner and is honestly probably even faster than Ross.

Oh I agree. Ross might have run the fastest 40 ever but as for football speed no one is even close to Hill. He’s unreal
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:56 PM)impactplaya Wrote: our 1st Rd pick needs to show up in a very critical week 2 matchup. one catch is going to get it done. Marv is so stuck on Mixon getting more touches is he forgetting about Ross and his lack of targets?
Ross,is,the X factor.

We only ran 50 plays Sunday.  That is why so many players got so few touches.  If we run the usual 65 or so both Ross and Bernard will get more touches/targets.
Reply/Quote
Last time we played the "Impossible to run on" Ravens front 7....

Mixon- 18 for 96 yards
Gio- 10 for 52 yards

Probably a good idea to try running on them first before saying it can't be done.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Last time we played the "Impossible to run on" Ravens front 7....

Mixon- 18 for 96 yards
Gio- 10 for 52 yards

Probably a good idea to try running on them first before saying it can't be done.

Agree,

I'm not saying the Ravens aren't a good team because they are. People way overreact to a 1st game of the season win against a team that will most likely end up in the bottom 1/4 of the league.

I think we're going to end up with a log jamb in the AFCN with us the Steelers and Ravens all in the 9-7 10-6 range.

Ross will pick it up
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Last time we played the "Impossible to run on" Ravens front 7....

Mixon- 18 for 96 yards
Gio- 10 for 52 yards

Good point. We need to be able to run the ball effectively to win this one. Otherwise, the Ravens pass rush can pin their ears back and go after the QB, which is a disaster scenario with this O-line.

I have confidence that we can move the ball on the ground. My biggest concern is the passing game, actually. Aside from the O-line concerns, I feel very shaky about our ability to consistently move the ball through the air. To many drops, misfires, fumbles, bad decisions and the like seem to happen from players we need to count on (Dalton, Green, Ross, Boyd). Unless that's fixed up, I don't see us keeping it close with the Ravens.

However, if Ross performs well, I see that being a huge benefit to the rest of the team. They'll feed off of that energy and momentum, offense and defense alike. It'll raise everybodies game.
Reply/Quote
Ross,is,the X factor.
So you're suggesting that they force feed Ross? If Andy forces the ball to any single receiver it ain't gonna be Ross, it'll be the other first round dude, Mr Whatshisface.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I really don't think Ross needs to have a huge game. We just need to play the Ravens and spread the ball around. Adjust from there if it aint working.

Reply/Quote
I disagree. I do think Ross needs a few more looks, but I wouldn't say he is the x-factor. I noticed him quite a few times running good routes and getting great separation but Andy was late in looking his way or wasn't looking at all. Really, the plan in the passing game will always be AJ. They are weak at corner and AJ does very well against them (averages 6 catches for 82 yards, total of six TDs). Keep him option number one, work the running game and they may look to have a TE on Hart's side to chip on pass rushers.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 03:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I disagree. I do think Ross needs a few more looks, but I wouldn't say he is the x-factor. I noticed him quite a few times running good routes and getting great separation but Andy was late in looking his way or wasn't looking at all. Really, the plan in the passing game will always be AJ. They are weak at corner and AJ does very well against them (averages 6 catches for 82 yards, total of six TDs). Keep him option number one, work the running game and they may look to have a TE on Hart's side to chip on pass rushers.

I don't think they are as weak at corner as you think, even with the injuries. Humpheries and Carr are no joke. They'll give our receivers more fits than the Colts, that is for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 04:10 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: I don't think they are as weak at corner as you think, even with the injuries. Humpheries and Carr re no joke. They'll give our receivers more fits than the Colts, that is for sure.

I think better phrasing would be they have weak depth at corner. You're 100% correct, I didn't word that correctly. 
Reply/Quote

Has to be inarguable at this point unless you're blind. Hill is also much more physical. The nice thing is that Ross doesn't have to be Hill. We have AJ Green. He just needs to take the top off occasionally and complement 18
Reply/Quote
Ross,is,the X factor.

No way. I was literally screaming at the TV Mixon needed more touches. He was averaging 7+ yards a carry. The Colts couldn't stop our run. Who cares if anyone catches anything if your #1 back is going into the 4th quarter with those stats...

let me guess you have Ross on your FF team?
Reply/Quote
Ross,is,the X factor.

I really don't see it that way. Ross is the #3 WR (like it or not, that's what he is) and, yes he should get more than 2 targets, but we aren't throwing 50 times a game either. Last week we only threw it 28 times and those get spread around between Green, Boyd, Mixon, Eifert, Ross, Bernard, Kroft, etc.

Green is the clear #1. Mixon was targeted the second most (7 catching 5) and was our 2nd most productive receiver. Then comes Eifert, then Boyd, then Ross, then the rest. That's the pecking order right now. I'm sure Ross will want more targets and will work to get those by having good practices.

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking Ross might actually be a factor against the rats just because AJ has burned them so much over the years that they may just put double and maybe even triple coverage on him and forget about Ross, but we'll see. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
all.i can say is wow.
last year most everyone questioned why JR wasnt on the field.....how badly the offense needed
his big play ability etc etc
now .that hes healthy its hes our 4th 5th best option on offense....huh.???

the truth is this offense needs his ability to turn a 8 yd hitch into a 50 yd score.
we need someone to keep that saftey honest. we need Ross to be that guy that secondaries have
to fear and be aware of.
Im.sorry Tyler Kroft and Tyler Boyd dont scare secondaries. Kroft and Boyd dont create mismatches.
they are solid possesion WRs.
this offense cant put all it hope on Green and Mixon. it needs to incorporate Ross.
Eifert is a part time TE now.
somdbody said forcing the ball.to.Ross.
i rather see Dalton "forcing" the ball to Ross then throwing into bracket coverage to Green any day.
do remember Ross was the 9th pick overall.
hes more than just a simply decoy . he has traits that can allow others on offense to find their
mismatches
Reply/Quote