Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross or williams sports science.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19171093
Williams all day for me, though most wont agree.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 06:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19171093

You like Williams? I never would have guessed. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I prefer we don't take either at 9, but off a trade down I am okay with either. They are different guys, but both can be successful doing different things.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 08:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You like Williams? I never would have guessed. 
Lol
(04-21-2017, 09:10 AM)Au165 Wrote: I prefer we don't take either at 9, but off a trade down I am okay with either. They are different guys, but both can be successful doing different things.

What he said.  They're different , but talented. Each has his risks.
Reply/Quote
Both Williams and Ross have done well for themselves. I'd be happy with either at pick nine.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 06:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19171093

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't seen it, but it further supports my liking for John Ross.

Quote:...It's no secret that Ross has elite top-end speed. But his results in our 20 yard acceleration test show his explosiveness over short distances might make him even more dangerous. In the first 10 yards of the test, Ross clocked the second-fastest split of any offensive prospect we've analyzed in the last four drafts (1.53 sec). And he managed to hit a higher top speed than any prospect we analyzed in last year's combine (20.56 MPH, second = Josh Doctson 19.61 MPH)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think mike Williams is a good wr and will be in the pros. I still prefer we take Davis, Ross or Howard over him. I think either of these players make the offense a little more diverse. We need a wr that can take the top off the defense and/or get yards after the catch. Davis and Ross can do that. Williams not as much. We already have a better version named aj green.

Imagine a 2 te set with eifert and Howard. Are the gonna run out of it? Throw? Which seem does the defense commit to? I want to stress the def. Williams just adds to the predictability of our offense.

Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 11:43 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Imagine a 2 te set with eifert and Howard.  Are the gonna run out of it?  Throw?  Which seem does the defense commit to?  I want to stress the def.  Williams just adds to the predictability of our offense.  

Just my 2 cents

This is kind of a en vogue thing to say, but no one has really done it in a dominate fashion since the pats with Hernandez. Even the pats post Hernandez haven't done it that well. It isn't this unstoppable force people pretend it is, otherwise the copycat NFL league would all be doing it and they simply aren't.
Reply/Quote
I was merely pointing out I'd rather have any of the 3 over Williams. Howard can be moved around all over the formation. And is there if eifert has complications from his surgery or when he's hurt again

Reply/Quote
My order would be: Davis, Williams, and Ross a distant 3rd.

Sorry, Speed guys seem to be one injury away. I think there's more to football than raw speed. Although Al Davis would totally disagree!
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks for sharing this. I haven't seen it, but it further supports my liking for John Ross.

No problem. Am i the only one that noticed that right behind dotcson was russell the 3rd round cb we picked up with a fast top speed? And it made me like ross a little more. Also didnt realize that williams was dominant with both hands.
Reply/Quote
this was my biggest worry about him from day 1......
Michael Lombardi said John Ross' medicals are "terrible". Uh oh..
Reply/Quote
Andy would have such a bone if we took Williams or Ross

I prefer we take one of these guys if Thomas is gone.

I think Williams is the best but I could see Ross working into the offense well but we're getting GIo back to do all the screen/jet sweep/shallow cross stuff. Williams for me

Love Sports Science
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 07:28 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Andy would have such a bone if we took Williams or Ross

I prefer we take one of these guys if Thomas is gone.

I think Williams is the best but I could see Ross working into the offense well but we're getting GIo back to do all the screen/jet sweep/shallow cross stuff. Williams for me

Love Sports Science

As most people are annoyed by it but ive been repping williams since december. But im perfectly dine with davis now as well. I think at worst, hell be marvin jones 3.0. Best hes a top 7 wr. Same with williams. Either one of them is fine.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 05:52 AM)Jpoore Wrote: this was my biggest worry about him from day 1......
Michael Lombardi said John Ross' medicals are "terrible". Uh oh..

Honestly, how would he really know that?  Ever hear of HIPPA?

I think there is a lot of BS floated so certain guys make it down to certain teams.  If Ross's medicals were so terrible, how on earth did he play like he did?

It isn't just that he is the best playmaker in the draft for me, but it is a perfect fit to our 3-wide offense.  

Ross, Boyd, and AJ Green.  I want those three on the field with Eifert or Uzomah.  
Reply/Quote
Williams won't make it to 9.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 03:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Williams won't make it to 9.

LMAO

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, how would he really know that?  Ever hear of HIPPA?

I think there is a lot of BS floated so certain guys make it down to certain teams.  If Ross's medicals were so terrible, how on earth did he play like he did?

It isn't just that he is the best playmaker in the draft for me, but it is a perfect fit to our 3-wide offense.  

Ross, Boyd, and AJ Green.  I want those three on the field with Eifert or Uzomah.  

Matt miller is also reporting that ross will be avaliable in rd. 2 due to physicals. Ita not just 1 guy. And ur assuming he can stay on the field. If he can great, but multiple sources stating he will be avaliable in round 2 is not a good sign.
Reply/Quote
After reading about how Williams fared against highly rated CBs, I think that I'd prefer Ross out of the two.  The injuries are a bit scary, but no one really knows what his ceiling is.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 05:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Matt miller is also reporting that ross will be avaliable in rd. 2 due to physicals. Ita not just 1 guy. And ur assuming he can stay on the field. If he can great, but multiple sources stating he will be avaliable in round 2 is not a good sign.

A lot of guys are taking what a talking head, not a scout or team official, is saying abut a player as gospel.  They have also been saying there isn't a first round QB....do we really think that will be the case?  

QB
WR
DE 
CB
OT

Those are what are considered by most as "premium positions" where a lot go in Rd 1.  I have real trouble believing that Ross slips to Rd 2 because of medicals.  I could be wrong, but I am betting this is a tactic to try and persuade teams to not take him early so a late first round team could grab him.  I sure as hell don't want to see him in pittsburg.  
Reply/Quote