Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross position changed to X Receiver to Start Tate
I was hoping when I saw this thread it meant Ross was going to the xfl.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:53 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Let’s be honest. The number 9 overall pick shouldn’t be dropping passes. No excuse. I could find a 7th round pick who will catch passes. Speed means absolutely nothing if you can’t catch the damn ball.

Every WR drops passes, Ross just drops way too damn many. It can’t happen every game...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:54 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I was hoping when I saw this thread it meant Ross was going to the xfl.

So you want to see more Auden Tate or Alex Erickson? Like it or not, John Ross is easily the 3rd best WR on this team.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:53 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Let’s be honest. The number 9 overall pick shouldn’t be dropping passes. No excuse. I could find a 7th round pick who will catch passes. Speed means absolutely nothing if you can’t catch the damn ball.

Green has gone through cases of the drops too.. not defending ross but plenty of good wr drop passes.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you want to see more Auden Tate or Alex Erickson? Like it or not, John Ross is easily the 3rd best WR on this team.

If Ross doesn’t get it this yr, it’s time to try something new. He’s had every opportunity to show he is as good as he was drafted
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:02 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Green has gone through cases of the drops too.. not defending ross but plenty of good wr drop passes.

Sure he has, but he’s one of the few reasons we have had success in the last 8 years. Ross has not proven anything yet. Hopefully that will change, but I’m not holding my breath
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:16 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: If Ross doesn’t get it this yr, it’s time to try something new. He’s had every opportunity to show he is as good as he was drafted

Ross is Top 5 in the league in both receiving yards and receiving TD's.  If that doesn't count as getting it, I don't know what does.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So you want to see more Auden Tate or Alex Erickson? Like it or not, John Ross is easily the 3rd best WR on this team.

Agreed.

Erickson has his role as does Tate.

But Ross is special.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: Ross is Top 5 in the league in both receiving yards and receiving TD's.  If that doesn't count as getting it, I don't know what does.

Get back to me when that holds up after week 16. Besides that we are 0-13. His stats aren’t helping us win football games.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we know Ross reportedly thinks too much. So coming off of his 2 best yardage games of his career, what do the Bengals do? They change his position to X receiver so Tate can start.

The result - Ross had a terrible game.

Why not keep him in a role that he was successful in?

Taylor said the Bengals made the move of replacing Damion Willis with Tate and putting Tate at flanker and moving John Ross to X receiver during the week. Ross had a rough one. The NFL receiving yardage leader had his NFL-leading fifth drop and had a fumble before finishing with two catches for 22 yards.

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-fiery-taylor-asks-bengals-to-stay-connected

I have mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, I can see where Willis wasn't producing much and they wanted to give Tate a look.  Problem is, Tate is limited due to his speed and they had to shuffle the deck to get him in the lineup.  The passing game was the worst it's been all year.  Andy, Boyd, and Ross all had season low games.  Whether that was because of the Bills D, Bad Andy, moving Ross, and/or the serious lack of speed on the field due to the switch, we can't be sure yet.

The real issue is the fact that lack of quality WR depth forced the move to begin with.  
Reply/Quote

Yeah no shit.

People fantasizing that Ross is a full blown stud after the Seattle game.

Dude is not even a 2 wr on most teams.

More like 3rd or 4th depth chart skills.

He's got quicks no doubt but his hands and brain are lacking.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:11 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah no shit.

People fantasizing that Ross is a full blown stud after the Seattle game.

Dude is not even a 2 wr on most teams.

More like 3rd or 4th depth chart skills.

He's got quicks no doubt but his hands and brain are lacking.

A QB that could hit him in stride would help a lot...

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A QB that could hit him in stride would help a lot...

Change out Phillip Dorsett for John Ross for the sake of argument sake 
Which WR has the better QB throwing to him ?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:51 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Get back to me when that holds up after week 16. Besides that we are 0-13. His stats aren’t helping us win football games.

Well there's logic for you.  I guess nobody on this team "gets it" because nobody's stats have resulted in a win.  

If his stats do hold up after week 16 I'm sure the haters will find something to bash him for.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:44 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well there's logic for you.  I guess nobody on this team "gets it" because nobody's stats have resulted in a win.  

If his stats do hold up after week 16 I'm sure the haters will find something to bash him for.

I’ll gladly stand in the line of crow, and serve it as well. I have no problem doing so
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: I have mixed feelings about it.  On one hand, I can see where Willis wasn't producing much and they wanted to give Tate a look.  Problem is, Tate is limited due to his speed and they had to shuffle the deck to get him in the lineup.  The passing game was the worst it's been all year.  Andy, Boyd, and Ross all had season low games.  Whether that was because of the Bills D, Bad Andy, moving Ross, and/or the serious lack of speed on the field due to the switch, we can't be sure yet.

The real issue is the fact that lack of quality WR depth forced the move to begin with.  

I'm wondering if the Bills figured out how to defend our offense too.

I mean when you have a bad line and are limited running the ball, how hard is it to defend 2 WR's?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:19 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Change out Phillip Dorsett for John Ross for the sake of argument sake 
Which WR has the better QB throwing to him ?

That's a pretty good point.

I honestly don't know how Belicheck would handle the drops though. He might bench Ross for all we know.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's a pretty good point.

I honestly don't know how Belicheck would handle the drops though. He might bench Ross for all we know.

I can't imagine Bill Bellyache relying on someone as inconsistent as Ross.  And that's me being as generous to Ross as possible, because the guy has had a single great game (which still had ghastly errors) in 2 years and 3 games in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 10:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't imagine Bill Bellyache relying on someone as inconsistent as Ross.  And that's me being as generous to Ross as possible, because the guy has had a single great game (which still had ghastly errors) in 2 years and 3 games in the NFL. 

Agree. I think the Patriots may have parted ways with him after Year 2.

But, even with the big plays...I'm not sure they keep playing him in a large role with all the drops.
Reply/Quote