Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross practicing
(08-23-2020, 06:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I gotta give the dude credit.  It's rare you see honest answers in this league, or in professional sports in general. 

I know he couldn't come out and say it was bs, or he deserved the option, because no one could defend that.  But I'm surprised we weren't hit with the typical "I'm just going to go out and do my best. I'm not worried about anything else."

Kudos to him for owning up to it.  And let's be honest, no player goes out and tries to get hurt.  It's kind of out of their control.  Let's hope he can prove some people wrong this season.

All true and I also liked what he said about having to see his son when he was sick " I am a father."

Been rooting for him since he got here big time but might be rooting even a little more this season for Ross.

Hope he can stay healthy and put it all together, he is a good man and has all the talent in the world.

Get on the juggs machine Ross is all I can say, cut down on those dropped balls.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 01:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ will be lined up and ready to go against the Chargers.  Rock On

I 100% believe you. It's the "Will he still be available week 2 against the Browns" question that I'm not so sure about.

Dude couldn't make it through 2 contactless practices without being injured/hurting.
Reply/Quote
Wheres the resident doctor that said that Ross was going bring the
Co-19 back to the team. ? Wasnt he the same poster that
Criticized him for taking time off in the 1st place
Wow he added so much insight and intelligence
To the thread.
Refreshing to see a player who hasnt performed
Up to expectations be honest about it
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow just needs to know Greens speed. AJ knows the playbook and the routes, I guarantee that. My point though, is not that practice is not important, it is that the other guys need the reps more, and Taylor is not wanting to expose AJ to risk prior to the season and lose him again on some freak incident.

The route the receiver runs on a given play is often dictated by what the defense shows.  Seeing it the same on film is not the same as seeing it the same when you're lined up on the field.  Particularly with a rookie QB he has no experience with, AJ needs to be out there.  If he zigs when Burrow expects him to zag, that ball can very well be coming back the other way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: The route the receiver runs on a given play is often dictated by what the defense shows.  Seeing it the same on film is not the same as seeing it the same when you're lined up on the field.  Particularly with a rookie QB he has no experience with, AJ needs to be out there.  If he zigs when Burrow expects him to zag, that ball can very well be coming back the other way.

Yes, I am more concerned then I was previously Ross actually has a lot more time with Burrow than AJ.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, I am more concerned then I was previously Ross actually has a lot more time with Burrow than AJ.

Green, Ross, and Higgins all missing time is concerning.  These guys all need all the reps they can get with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 10:26 PM)Whatever Wrote: Green, Ross, and Higgins all missing time is concerning.  These guys all need all the reps they can get with Burrow.

Yes sir. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 06:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Found this quote by Ross on Bengals not picking up his option interesting.

"I wouldn't have picked up my option, either," Ross said. "It guarantees injury if you get hurt. I've been injured every single year. That's not a bad decision by them. And now it's on me to show them why I should be here longer. That's how I look at it."

Hope he can live up to this and prove it!

Such a headcase amirite... Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 08:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Wheres the resident doctor that said that Ross was going bring the
Co-19 back to the team. ? Wasnt he the same poster that
Criticized him for taking time off in the 1st place
Wow he added so much insight and intelligence
To the thread.
Refreshing to see a player who hasnt performed
Up to expectations be honest about it

Are you referring to me? I was off doing other things. Yes, this was a humble, honest, mature statement by Ross. Hope he lives up to his potential and performs well enough to get his next contract. Also still hoping he hasn't brought the bug back to the team....
Reply/Quote
Very happy Ross is back, and happy to hear he's eager to get out there.
Now we need Burrow and Ross to sync up so that Ross can actually find a QB who can hit him in stride.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 06:41 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Found this quote by Ross on Bengals not picking up his option interesting.

"I wouldn't have picked up my option, either," Ross said. "It guarantees injury if you get hurt. I've been injured every single year. That's not a bad decision by them. And now it's on me to show them why I should be here longer. That's how I look at it."

Hope he can live up to this and prove it!

James Rapien said Ross looked "smooth and confident" in his routes the first day back.  Ross described running at a park at 2am in California because "that was when everyone was finally asleep".  He may have lost a bit of conditioning with 10 days off but he seemed very happy to be back with the team and that his son and his son's mother were doing fine now. 

I don't need him to blow up week 1 like he did against Seattle last year.  I think Burrow knows this as well.  Get him a couple deep shots, but use him on some slants and screens and try to get him the ball in space.  

As pathetic as the Reds have been (and I have always thought there was some mythical force that denied the Reds and Bengals from being good at the same time), I can't wait for that first game.  I can't wait to see Joe Burrow take the field.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: James Rapien said Ross looked "smooth and confident" in his routes the first day back.  Ross described running at a park at 2am in California because "that was when everyone was finally asleep".  He may have lost a bit of conditioning with 10 days off but he seemed very happy to be back with the team and that his son and his son's mother were doing fine now. 

I don't need him to blow up week 1 like he did against Seattle last year.  I think Burrow knows this as well.  Get him a couple deep shots, but use him on some slants and screens and try to get him the ball in space.  

As pathetic as the Reds have been (and I have always thought there was some mythical force that denied the Reds and Bengals from being good at the same time), I can't wait for that first game.  I can't wait to see Joe Burrow take the field.  

I know it's a detour, but the issue with the Reds can happen even when bringing in a bunch of good FA talent. People expected all the 2019 Reds players to play (at least) as good as they did in 2019 and then the FAs were supposed to bring a boost. There was not an expectation that Votto, Suarez, Galvis, Ervin, Barnhart, and Senzel would have declined like they have so far. The expectation was also that the Reds upgraded their starting rotation enough that they wouldn't have had to go the bullpen so much, thereby keeping them fresh and therefore improve. Unfortunately, the RPs have not been good. If the Reds cared to make a push for this year (assume they would since they likely lose Bauer and maybe 1-2 other key guys after this season), they need to trade for a good RP or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: James Rapien said Ross looked "smooth and confident" in his routes the first day back.  Ross described running at a park at 2am in California because "that was when everyone was finally asleep".  He may have lost a bit of conditioning with 10 days off but he seemed very happy to be back with the team and that his son and his son's mother were doing fine now. 

Good stuff on Ross. Hope he finally puts it all together. Burrow should really help.
Reply/Quote