Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross really wants a new start
It’s out with the old and in with the new..

John Ross has retired the number 15. He is now number 11. He wants a fresh start with everything this season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 02:51 PM)pally Wrote: It’s out with the old and in with the new..

John Ross has retired the number 15.  He is now number 11.  He wants a fresh start with everything this season

LOL. Maybe he should be working on his route running more and then some time with the jugs machine, instead of worrying about the number on his uniform.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 02:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL. Maybe he should be working on his route running more and then some time with the jugs machine, instead of worrying about the number on his uniform.

don't you know the problem was that the 5 weighed him down too much that's why he had to switch to the 1

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He could have just changed his name to Uno Cinco.
Reply/Quote
I suspect he thinks by changing his number, he automatically gets 2 more "rookie" years leeway to be productive.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 02:58 PM)BengalChris Wrote: LOL. Maybe he should be working on his route running more and then some time with the jugs machine, instead of worrying about the number on his uniform.

Right, because the two are mutually exclusive.  SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Is Ross trying to tell us something by changing his number from Chris Henry's to Akili Smith's?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 09:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Is Ross trying to tell us something by changing his number from Chris Henry's to Akili Smith's?

He didn’t need a number to tell us that.
Reply/Quote
I hope it helps somehow because we really need him to step up his game.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 08:40 PM)McC Wrote: Right, because the two are mutually exclusive.  SMH.

I get what you are saying, but the fact that Ross is even bothering to change his number to make a "new start" can be seen as a concern regarding his approach to taking the next step.  Maybe it's nothing, maybe he's making excuses.  Meh, who knows?  

It's worth an eye roll, if nothing else.
Reply/Quote
It’s like Ogbuehi getting a fresh start after working out with MMA trainee for a few days. Jay glazer I believe
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 12:01 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: It’s like Ogbuehi getting a fresh start after working out with MMA trainee for a few days.   Jay glazer I believe

And he even changed numbers, too!!  And a big LULZ to the fact that this jersey could even be for sale....

[Image: ff_3535621-0357a41e9190b42d83f4alt1_full.jpg&w=325]
Reply/Quote
Number should have been retired in the first place.
Reply/Quote
The system this coach used at LA Rams is a good fit for Ross. Anyone who does Fantasy Football knows the Rams receivers all got the ball. So you could add free agents off Rams because they were all getting passes to catch. Yes the Rams blocked and the Rams ran the ball, but they could throw the ball. Not that much different from the Super Bowl St Louis Rams. Like in basketball, you pass it to the open man. Bengals will need AJ Green, Boyd, Ross, a 4th WR, Eifert & TE's , and Mixon or RB's all making the catch when the defense leaves them the open man. If it is for 3 yards or 30 yards, make the catch when the defense makes you the open man. That's all it is. You take away pass rushers and you don't have enough pass coverage for all the receivers if you include the RB as Rams do. The Rams are all about too many receivers to cover and you hit the open man. When those times come, if Ross catches the ball, for 3 yards or 30, he is helping NEW DEY.

Two things. Bengals have to block like the Rams. They have to run the ball like the Rams. Mixon is forced to be Todd Gurley. That is key because the trick of Rams is the D doesn't know if that guy on each play is a RB or a WR. Mixon also must keep the D's guessing, and when they have to guess, you got em'. So if these things happen and players stay healthy, Ross will get his chances. The coaches will need to get Dalton out of throwing to Green in double or triple coverage. In NEW DEY, there is no #1 WR, and # 2 WR and # 3 WR. In NEW DEY, it is basketball hit the open man. On every play someone will be open, and that is who Dalton must pass to.

So the NEW DEY system and the new coach said he has big use of Ross. I can add that Ross was injured all his rookie year. As 2018 went along, I saw him making the move from college to NFL. He just needed some healthy playing time. He even flashed signs of being a star on some catches. So one of the bright sides of last year was Ross finally got healthy and off the bench. He was still a rookie needing to bust his college cherry and learn the NFL. He did that and is now ready to be a part of NEW DEY. Those who think college is the same as NFL are wrong. College is like baseball minor leagues and NFL is the major league. Same in NBA. Now that Ross has actually got on the field after his early injuries, he is no longer a rookie. Due to injuries, going into 2018 he was still a rookie. Now that he has caught some passes and had NFL players pop his chops and take him to school, he is past that rookie stage.

Oh yes, some Who Dey Fans in past would wonder if a WR got hot, who would get traded. Let it be known that in NEW DEY, you want more hot receivers than a D can cover. NEW DEY is not a one trick pony star, it is hit the open man. The Team, The Team, The Team. I'm sure if Boyd or Ross have big games Fans will still talk Who Dey on Who gets traded. The answer is nobody because you want as many good receivers as you can get in NEW DEY. If Green is double covered and doesn't catch a pass all day and Bengals win, then Green has had a good day letting the others get wide open. I know that hurts if you have him in Fantasy Football. If other players start putting up Bengals wins. Green will see less double coverage and THAT is when this can become a play-off win team. So good you can get Green in single coverage situations, which he will win all game long.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yes. Year 3 he’s still kinda a rookie still. Learning new playbook.
Reply/Quote

Make fun of it all you want...if it helps him in his head, it helps him on the field.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Make fun of it all you want...if it helps him in his head, it helps him on the field.  

Maybe before each game AJ should give Ross a magic "be a better WR potion" that looks and tastes suspiciously like regular water.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 09:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe before each game AJ should give Ross a magic "be a better WR potion" that looks and tastes suspiciously like regular water.

Nah, AJ is much classier than that.  Maybe Orange Gatorade in a black plastic cup?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Ross set up a shrine to JoBu in his locker. 

[Image: 1fd72ed13fb2ef88eb3a194f13973198.jpg]

It is very bad to steal JoBu's rum.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 03:04 PM)pally Wrote: don't you know the problem was that the 5 weighed him down too much that's why he had to switch to the 1

He was disrespecting Henry's number... Now he has to live up to Brandon Lafell, or Jordan Shipley.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote