Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross really wants a new start
(06-16-2019, 10:09 AM)jason Wrote: He was disrespecting  Henry's  number... Now he has to live up to Brandon Lafell, or Jordan Shipley.

Hmm, one guy did his job and we demanded that he be benched for the rookies and the other guy had his career cut short by injury.  Toss in the Akili Smith #11 biggest-Bengals-bust-bonus and you've got one odd choice of a number change.

I would be interested in hearing Ross' actual reasoning behind this, but ehh, I'm not sure how logical it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe he really just didnt get along with Marvin and this is his way of putting that drama behind him.

As for the number change, he now wears LaFell’s number. I’d be happy if he put up LaFell numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:24 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe he really just didnt get along with Marvin and this is his way of putting that drama behind him.

As for the number change, he now wears LaFell’s number. I’d be happy if he put up LaFell numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose.  As long as he doesn't change his number to 11 and then dust off his hands and say "mission accomplished' and expect everything to be better, I guess it doesn't matter.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, one guy did his job and we demanded that he be benched for the rookies and the other guy had his career cut short by injury.  Toss in the Akili Smith #11 biggest-Bengals-bust-bonus and you've got one odd choice of a number change.

I would be interested in hearing Ross' actual reasoning behind this, but ehh, I'm not sure how logical it is.

The bar is set low... Ross has a chance to be the greatest number 11 in Bengals history. Unless that was Shayne Graham's number. I don't remember.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He can wear whatever number makes him feel good I guess, but if he wants to change things for himself here, he needs to start catching the ball in the open field and not just in the end zone, because if Eifert remains healthy, he will be the one getting the ball in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
Why not just wear #1 like he did in college?

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why not just wear #1 like he did in college?

Against NFL rules for WR to wear single digit number.
Reply/Quote
Wish he was more concerned about fighting for the ball rather than Jersey number.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why not just wear #1 like he did in college?

Hmm I guess he is now 11 because its as close as he could get to 1 but LaFell had it.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:45 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Wish he was more concerned about fighting for the ball rather than Jersey number.

Some wish you would be more concerned about supporting every player on the roster and rooting for their success and not hoping they fail. We all have wishes.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm, one guy did his job and we demanded that he be benched for the rookies and the other guy had his career cut short by injury.  Toss in the Akili Smith #11 biggest-Bengals-bust-bonus and you've got one odd choice of a number change.

Maybe a rookie asked him about #15?  Who knows...whatever works for you, man
Reply/Quote
as I read the criticisms of John Ross,Im reminded of
who the offensive coordinator was last year.
I guess no one read AJ Greens quote this week
"Im glad Im running new routes"
Sounds like to me Lazor was very unimagative
getting the WRs open downfield.
lets be honest defenses picked up rather easy in how Ross was used last year.
the way Cooks was used in LA and Ross last year is night and day
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hmm I guess he is now 11 because its as close as he could get to 1 but LaFell had it.  

This is what I am thinking.

Now what did I do with that old Laveranues Coles jersey?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Make fun of it all you want...if it helps him in his head, it helps him on the field.  

Very true. Maybe it gives him a chance to rediscover himself and shake off the bad mistakes mentally. I don't care what his reasoning is really, but if its mental, change is necessary. 

Reply/Quote
Damn It. My Custom Made John Ross #15 Jersey is now useless.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:09 AM)jason Wrote: He was disrespecting  Henry's  number... Now he has to live up to Brandon Lafell, or Jordan Shipley.
Don't forget Laveranues Coles.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 12:28 PM)impactplaya Wrote: as I read the criticisms of John Ross,Im reminded of
who the offensive coordinator was last year.
I guess no one read AJ Greens quote this week
"Im glad Im running new routes"
Sounds like to me Lazor was very unimagative
getting the WRs open downfield.
lets be honest defenses picked up rather easy in how Ross was used last year.
the way Cooks was used in LA and Ross last year is night and day

Ehh, I have to admit it's a little hard to be down on Lazor while being super excited about the other 4 or more coaches we brought here from that same middling Dolphins coaching staff and gave promotions.

If we kept Lazor we'd have something like 5 or 6 coaches from that staff...it's wacky. Anyways, hopefully Lazor was the lone dud on that crew.
Reply/Quote
He gets a fresh start in my book. He is no longer stuck under the defensive minded head coach who didnt want him.

And while he is on his 3rd OC in 3 years, which would be tough for any player in his first 3 NFL seasons, I think the offensive minded head coach has plans for him to hit the ground running.

Hopefully he takes the next month and practices catching the damn ball.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 12:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe a rookie asked him about #15?  Who knows...whatever works for you, man

True, and if it doesn't work for him he can change his number again and maybe that will work for him.

(06-16-2019, 01:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He gets a fresh start in my book. He is no longer stuck under the defensive minded head coach who didnt want him. 

And while he is on his 3rd OC in 3 years, which would be tough for any player in his first 3 NFL seasons, I think the offensive minded head coach has plans for him to hit the ground running. 

Hopefully he takes the next month and practices catching the damn ball.

Well, Ross is already having issues picking up the offense and he's missing practice time because he's injured, so it's not quite a 180 degree turn from the Marvin era, yet.
Reply/Quote
its a brand new offensive.
everyone is learning it.
so if a,player has trouble learning now
its expected.
there is no one player from last years offense
that knows ZTs playbook 100% now.
its a process.
all I know is that the last 2 OC that Ross played under
are no longer OCs in the NFL.
that speaks volumes