Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross really wants a new start
He’s still a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 11:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Against NFL rules for WR to wear single digit number.

Ah gotcha. Should have figured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I dont think he liked the former coaches and he want to close the door on everything including the number they stuck him with. I dont blame him. Its closer to his college number anyway.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 05:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I dont think he liked the former coaches and he want to close the door on everything including the number they stuck him with. I dont blame him. Its closer to his college number anyway.

It's easier changing teams. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 05:01 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I dont think he liked the former coaches and he want to close the door on everything including the number they stuck him with. I dont blame him. Its closer to his college number anyway.

Hopefully he likes these news guys because we seem pretty high on them.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 12:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yes.  Year 3 he’s still kinda a rookie still. Learning new playbook.

Was waiting for the "he's still a rookie" quote to come out. He's setting a new NFL record for 3 years as a rookie. He's breaking his own record set last season as the NFL's first 2 year rookie.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2019, 08:40 PM)McC Wrote: Right, because the two are mutually exclusive.  SMH.

There's sleeping, eating, running routes, catching balls. Taking time out to think about the numbers on his uniform takes away from those 4 things that will improve his game.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 07:44 PM)BengalChris Wrote: There's sleeping, eating, running routes, catching balls. Taking time out to think about the numbers on his uniform takes away from those 4 things that will improve his game.

When people make up their mind about something, to the point where nothing will change it, this is the kind of stupid shit they say. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 01:38 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: He gets a fresh start in my book. He is no longer stuck under the defensive minded head coach who didnt want him.

And while he is on his 3rd OC in 3 years, which would be tough for any player in his first 3 NFL seasons, I think the offensive minded head coach has plans for him to hit the ground running.

Hopefully he takes the next month and practices catching the damn ball.

This is an excellent point.  How is the kid supposed to have confidence when the HC not only didn't want him, but sure didn't put him in a good position to succeed.  That is where the (immature) "healthy scratch" video surfaced and Ross tried to tough it through injuries to prove himself to Marv but only ended up hurting his chances even more.

Marv wanted Reuben Foster...as did a lot of people on here.  He had so many legal issues he is already on his second team, and he tore his ACL in the first OTA.  Thank God that guy didn't end up here.  One of the things I love about the "New Dey" regime is the focus on character guys.  Lapham said there is "zero jerk factor" in that locker room.  A lot of folks will dismiss this, and might even give examples of jerks in winning teams, but I for one am happy they have made this an area of focus.  
Reply/Quote
I have my doubts, he spent the previous off season with Housh and still last year could run a route. A lot of the blame for his sucking falls on him.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 07:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of the things I love about the "New Dey" regime is the focus on character guys.  Lapham said there is "zero jerk factor" in that locker room.  A lot of folks will dismiss this, and might even give examples of jerks in winning teams, but I for one am happy they have made this an area of focus.  

Nothing but high character guys like Jim Turner, right?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing but high character guys like Jim Turner, right?

That only applies to players  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:44 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: I have my doubts, he spent the previous off season with Housh and still last year could run a route. A lot of the blame for his sucking falls on him.

How do you know he can't run a route?  Do you have one iota of proof?  Just name one play where he rn a wrong route.  Just one.  That should be a piece of cake, considering how many times you've said that same thing.  Just one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: How do you know he can't run a route?  Do you have one iota of proof?  Just name one play where he rn a wrong route.  Just one.  That should be a piece of cake, considering how many times you've said that same thing.  Just one.

Anxiously waiting for someone to mention where he stopped on the route where Dalton threw it deep down the sideline.
There was a miscommunication but it happens even with veterans. I specifically remember Chad and Palmer being off-sync multiple times towards the last couple years he was in stripes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Nothing but high character guys like Jim Turner, right?

I won't pretend to know what really happened with him in Miami.  It sounded awful on the surface, but I wonder how much of it was him and how much of it was Turner and how much of it was Incognito.  

If ZT put his stamp on him, he must feel he is a high character guy.  

And if you look at the draft this year....there wasn't a single guy that raised red flags.  No "slid because of this off field incident", which the Bengals LIVED by for a short while.  
Reply/Quote

Personally, I think this team needs the kind of coach who lets low-grade nobody players and their dysfunction override the entire season.  Really shows a commitment to discipline! Ninja

(06-17-2019, 12:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I won't pretend to know what really happened with him in Miami.  It sounded awful on the surface, but I wonder how much of it was him and how much of it was Turner and how much of it was Incognito.  

I think the issue is that no one can remember anything about that team other than a few guys who accomplished nothing in the NFL acting like horses patoots.  Even if people in the locker room are jerks, isn't it the job of the coaches to keep that stuff out of the national news?  It just reeks of him either not caring, or not thinking that this sort of pointless dysfunction should be dealt with.  Just my take.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: How do you know he can't run a route?  Do you have one iota of proof?  Just name one play where he rn a wrong route.  Just one.  That should be a piece of cake, considering how many times you've said that same thing.  Just one.

This:

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1133456810332102656

and this (per SBNATION):

"His routes are still sloppy, his hands are unimpressive, and nothing he’s shown over the first two years of his career suggest he can play a starring role on a contending team."

Not to mention giving up on the route against the Titans.

Willing to give him this year to turn it around. Otherwise, he and Ced can open a pizza place somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:29 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: This:

https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1133456810332102656

and this (per SBNATION):

"His routes are still sloppy, his hands are unimpressive, and nothing he’s shown over the first two years of his career suggest he can play a starring role on a contending team."

Not to mention giving up on the route against the Titans.

Willing to give him this year to turn it around. Otherwise, he and Ced can open a pizza place somewhere.

I'll try to remain optimistic Ross can do something in a new system, but we also have to be honest...if the Steelers drafted Ross and he were playing/practicing like this there we would be howling with laughter and calling him the biggest non-QB bust in years.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2019, 10:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I would be interested in hearing Ross' actual reasoning behind this, but ehh, I'm not sure how logical it is.

Haven't read ahead yet, so if it's already been said, sorry. 

He was #1 in college, but since WRs can't have single digit numbers, i'm guessing he's going with double 1.

Jersey numbers mean a lot to the vast majority of players and can have an effect on their performance. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Personally, I think this team needs the kind of coach who lets low-grade nobody players and their dysfunction override the entire season.  Really shows a commitment to discipline! Ninja

I think the issue is that no one can remember anything about that team other than a few guys who accomplished nothing in the NFL acting like horses patoots.  Even if people in the locker room are jerks, isn't it the job of the coaches to keep that stuff out of the national news?  It just reeks of him either not caring, or not thinking that this sort of pointless dysfunction should be dealt with.  Just my take.

Excuse me if I've never been able to feel sorry for an NFL Offensive lineman that whines about being bullied in the locker room. If he had anything to him at all, one instance of putting Incognito into a locker would have ended it..... and is probably the response they were trying to evoke from him.
Reply/Quote