Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross steps up
I'll take a few drops here and there if he can hit the home run like he did every other week or two
Reply/Quote
Anyone else see this? Lol

https://youtu.be/UeyPVFn_6tE
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Ross so far is feast or famine. He has either made big plays or pratfalled (the tripping causing a pick six and dropping a probable TD pass). Hopefully he cleans up the inconsistency.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ross so far is feast or famine. He has either made big plays or pratfalled (the tripping causing a pick six and dropping a probable TD pass). Hopefully he cleans up the inconsistency.

I'll take feast or famine over just famine. It's still nice to feast every now and again.. 
Every player gets a bit inconsistent from time to time. It's when inconsistency becomes consistent when the real problems crop up. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That opening bomb and the move he made to get open against what is supposed to be one of the better secondaries in the game was awesome. The disco (Dis go that way and Dis go the other way and Dis go by your stupid-looking ass) move after the reception was hilarious.  Ross looks like he wouldn't get touched in a game of tag in a phone booth.

But that wasn't the best play.  I think it was in the first quarter, but Ross motioned in after Andy changed a call at the line.  He then sealed off the edge (I think it was a LB) with a great block that freed the RB for (roughly) an 11 yard gain.  THAT was something that Marv needed to see from him, and I loved it.  

Yes, he dropped an easy slant (damn, I would have loved to see what he did with the ball after because he already had dusted his DB), but his play is looking very, very good and opposing DBs will be playing off of him in fear of looking like the two Bills that got obliterated by him on the first play.

Keep it up, John.

I will say, given that I've been very vocal about not liking the Ross pick, that he has improved quite a bit this year so far.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 04:10 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I hope Dalton times him up better as Ross is capable of running past Daltons range and quickly!!!

You noticed that too huh? Dalton saw the opportunity and lunched that ball with everything he had. Ross had to hold up for it. Defenders were still a few yards off him when he caught it. That was scary fast.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You noticed that too huh? Dalton saw the opportunity and lunched that ball with everything he had. Ross had to hold up for it. Defenders were still a few yards off him when he caught it. That was scary fast.

He's so fast, someone I know drafted him in their fantasy draft last night.   Wink
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: Ross so far is feast or famine. He has either made big plays or pratfalled (the tripping causing a pick six and dropping a probable TD pass). Hopefully he cleans up the inconsistency.

This is absolutely true, but if you think that he had not had much game experience for nearly two years, it is somewhat understandable.  I am just glad that he is getting his chances.

I believe that he is going to have some very big plays early on and will be what we needed to take advantage of teams doubling up AJ Green. 
Reply/Quote
And I love the fact that when Ross drops one, or Mixon, that Lazor and Dalton go right back to them and get them a catch so it doesn't fester in their mind.....
Reply/Quote
Ross is no Henry. I miss Henry.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That opening bomb and the move he made to get open against what is supposed to be one of the better secondaries in the game was awesome. The disco (Dis go that way and Dis go the other way and Dis go by your stupid-looking ass) move after the reception was hilarious.  Ross looks like he wouldn't get touched in a game of tag in a phone booth.

But that wasn't the best play.  I think it was in the first quarter, but Ross motioned in after Andy changed a call at the line.  He then sealed off the edge (I think it was a LB) with a great block that freed the RB for (roughly) an 11 yard gain.  THAT was something that Marv needed to see from him, and I loved it.  

Yes, he dropped an easy slant (damn, I would have loved to see what he did with the ball after because he already had dusted his DB), but his play is looking very, very good and opposing DBs will be playing off of him in fear of looking like the two Bills that got obliterated by him on the first play.

Keep it up, John.

Imagine if Dalton would have hit Ross in stride on that long TD. Woo boy!

I'm really hoping we see the passing game elevate this season with a fully healthy combo of Green, Eifert, Boyd, Ross, and Mixon/Bernard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone else see this? Lol

https://youtu.be/UeyPVFn_6tE

Team is definitely having more fun this year already.

Thanks for sharing.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:32 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Ross is no Henry. I miss Henry.

Two completely different playstyles. What Ross doesn't have in height, he should make up for in speed and agility. Plus, Henry never totaled 2000 receiving yards in his 5-year career and never played a full season. I have higher expectations for Ross than I did for Henry.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 01:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Two completely different playstyles. What Ross doesn't have in height, he should make up for in speed and agility. Plus, Henry never totaled 2000 receiving yards in his 5-year career and never played a full season. I have higher expectations for Ross than I did for Henry.
Without a doubt.

We all should too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 07:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You noticed that too huh? Dalton saw the opportunity and lunched that ball with everything he had. Ross had to hold up for it. Defenders were still a few yards off him when he caught it. That was scary fast.

Dog I didn't want to come out and say that so I'm glad you did! If Dalton hits him in stride there would have been no need for Ross to have to juke out the defenders! Thank You for speaking my mind friend!

Reply/Quote
I'm still on the fence about Ross. The talent is clearly there, the ability to is as well. He just needs to clean up his game. The drop and the stumble in the first pre-season game are things that can make or break games. This guy, IMO, is still a rookie. He's barely touched the field. As everyone says, if he gets that slant...I want to see what he can do. We will be left with that question, until it happens. I'm sure it will again.

For now, I'm going to stay cautious on Ross.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:54 PM)impactplaya Wrote: i would like to see a jet sweep faked to Ross one way then Andy throws nice seam route to the
other side to whoever

Thats the thing, he is so dangerous teams have to account for this stuff. Opens things up all over the field.

BTW, agree with Sled how Lazor just keeps going back to these young guys even after they drop a ball.

Get Ross and Mixon that experience and it will be deadly.
Reply/Quote

Keep it up, John.

If he makes the slant I'm all in on the guy. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ross can be like Tyreke Hill mixed with Antonio Brown and DeSean Jackson.

These are Receivers he reminds me of.

2nd year Bengals WR with 0 career receptions being compared to a perennial All-Pro WR/probably future HoFer? Check.

We are officially in prime offseason/preseason Bengals WR hype form, Nate. Going full Armon Binns = Megatron up in here.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
That first catch was nice but then he had some drops that killed us, specifically the blitz where dalton hit him quick and it hit him right in the chest. He’s lucky it wasn’t picked. It will take time, but he has to catch those balls. Had he caught it, he would of scored his second touchdown. You can’t miss passes like that.
Reply/Quote