Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross struggled with consistency during spring practices
I'd like to see him return kicks because on the off-chance he actually scores on one I'm betting he'd Gump it and keep running into downtown Cincy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 10:59 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd like to see him return kicks because on the off-chance he actually scores on one I'm betting he'd Gump it and keep running into downtown Cincy.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 10:59 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd like to see him return kicks because on the off-chance he actually scores on one I'm betting he'd Gump it and keep running into downtown Cincy.

.... Mumbling about all the different types of shrimp.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2019, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe Ross with the new staff/scheme has a chance to improve. Just how much he can improve is the $64 question.

I think people overrate what coaching can do.

Like I see people all the time talk about how coaching will improve the line and how we'll be ok without Jonah and Boling.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 10:20 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: He has the speed and  moves to make players miss, but I don't think he has the durability to take hits. At least he'll be doing more this way.

I think the majority of his issues are on the mental side of the game.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2019, 04:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ross is an easy guy to write these type of articles about. Do we have any proof of his most recent inconsistencies? Nah, not really, but it's believable so it passes.

I'll withhold judgement on Ross until this season. Hopefully it all clicks with the new direction on offense.

To start with, I would give ross 3-4 super good plays and allow him to just learn them inside and out,and as the season rolls along give him more,some guys struggle to learn all of that stuff,I know I would,and some players just cannot grasp a lot at once,their attention is not long term and their memory is not good enough.Too much wacky weed early in life and you struggle to remember anything for very lone,that stuff destroys brain cells by the millions.I hated to see friends smoke that crap and I was always a stay in shape guy,like lifting weights,running the road and all that.I believe he will be good this season,but he has to prove himself or else ZT will say good bye. :andy: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:01 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To start with, I would give ross 3-4 super good plays and allow him to just learn them inside and out,and as the season rolls along give him more,some guys struggle to learn all of that stuff,I know I would,and some players just cannot grasp a lot at once,their attention is not long term and their memory is not good enough.Too much wacky weed early in life and you struggle to remember anything for very lone,that stuff destroys brain cells by the millions.I hated to see friends smoke that crap and I was always a stay in shape guy,like lifting weights,running the road and all that.I believe he will be good this season,but he has to prove himself or else ZT will say good bye. :andy: ThumbsUp

It's not like these guys are being asked to become rocket scientists. IF he can't learn the offense, we need to move on.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's not like these guys are being asked to become rocket scientists. IF he can't learn the offense, we need to move on.

Problem is, Boyd never said Ross was having trouble learning the offense.  He said Ross was still thinking too much, but once he gets to the point where he is reacting instead of thinking, look out.

Basically, people are having a panic attack about a spin job used on stuff Boyd said back in May.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, Boyd never said Ross was having trouble learning the offense.  He said Ross was still thinking too much, but once he gets to the point where he is reacting instead of thinking, look out.

Basically, people are having a panic attack about a spin job used on stuff Boyd said back in May.

No spin job at all.  The only reason a player has to "think" during a play is if he does not know it well enough.  The ONLKY way you can get to "not thinking" is by having everything memorized and down pat.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:15 PM)Whatever Wrote: Problem is, Boyd never said Ross was having trouble learning the offense.  He said Ross was still thinking too much, but once he gets to the point where he is reacting instead of thinking, look out.

Exactly!

New offense, new concepts, new terminology.

He will have had 3 months to absorb and be in camp ready to go.
Reply/Quote
Ross had trouble with the last offense as well if I remember right. Lots of of shots of Andy shaking his head after the play and then of course the route that he just gave up on and the ball flew right over his head. Perhaps didn't know the play and kinda just stopped.
Whatever the reason, if it doesnt click soon, might as well throw him on the bone pile.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No spin job at all.  The only reason a player has to "think" during a play is if he does not know it well enough.  The ONLKY way you can get to "not thinking" is by having everything memorized and down pat.

The comments were made early in OTA's where everyone was still learning the offense.  So yeah, it's a spin job.
Reply/Quote

He'll never go Ultra Instinct if he keeps thinking too much. Dragon Ball Super fans know what I'm talkin about.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 02:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: The comments were made early in OTA's where everyone was still learning the offense.  So yeah, it's a spin job.

But Boyd didn't say "everyone" he said "Ross".

You are the only one spinning here.
Reply/Quote

No spin job. Boyd said that stuff, then Ross struggled in OTA's:

John Ross is hoping to "re-invent" himself this season.

Ross said changing his number from 15 to 11 is part of that process. "I kind of wanted to basically start everything over," Ross said. "I get to put Ross III on the back of my jersey and get to change the number. Hopefully, just change the whole year." It is a nice thought, but Ross reportedly struggled with consistency during the offseason program. 2019 could be his final year with the Bengals if he does not take a step forward.
Source: The Athletic
Jul 4, 2019, 9:33 AM ET
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But Boyd didn't say "everyone" he said "Ross".

You are the only one spinning here.

Because he was specifically asked about Ross.
Reply/Quote
...and off the top of my head Brandon Tate, Cody Core, and Jake Kumerow have been "great" in the spring practices.

I'll reserve judgement.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This is millions of dollars on the line. I hope he has a good friend or family member to tell him to get focused, spend time and work hard on it. And if he can't, I'd go shell out for a sports psychologist or tutor or something. While you're at it, lay off the booze, weed, and other substances and live as clean as you can. It couldn't hurt. But the time to get serious is now. Or rather it was last year, the year before that, or the year before that but you still get one more totally doable chance at being the sort of player that scores that big second contract.

Reply/Quote
1.) He was overdrafted
2.) At this point all I want from the guy is for him to become the next Ted Gin
3.) At best he would the third target on offense at worst 6th. Point being we don't need a super star type season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2019, 05:17 PM)Synric Wrote: ...and off the top of my head Brandon Tate, Cody Core, and Jake Kumerow have been "great" in the spring practices.

I'll reserve judgement.

This is his 3rd year in the NFL.  You think he'd at least look good in practice by now. 
Reply/Quote