Poll: Ross v Boyd
John Ross has more catches
Tyler Boyd has more catches
John Ross has more yards
Tyler Boyd has more yards
John Ross has more touchdowns
Tyler Boyd has more touchdowns
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross v Boyd
(08-27-2018, 06:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not so much what Boyd has done yet (although his rookie year was decent), but what we think he’ll do. Cutting LaFell means the coaches expect a lot out of Boyd this season.

Boyd has had a very good TC and Preseason too.

Lots of reasons to think Boyd will have a big year. Great hands, he is big and quick, runs crisp routes etc.

He is just not near as explosive as Ross who is a big play Receiver like AJ.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m guessing Ross will have more TDs and YDS being the more explosive player of the two. Boyd will probably have more catches though.

That’s how I was going to vote until I figured in more probable to get injured. I voted Boyd across the board. I hope that you’re right because it will probably mean that Ross stays heathy and is holding onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
My line of thought for voting was Boyd will probably see more 3rd down looks so likely more catches, but Ross has that blow the top off of a defense speed so I voted for him to have more yards and as a result more touchdowns.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The cool thing is, both excelled in the red zone in college, catching numerous touchdowns on different routes, so I think that will be a close call. Wouldn't surprise me if Boyd had 1 more TD than Ross or vice versa.

I think Dalton will rely on the slot receiver quite a bit this season, which I'm excited for. Last year there were quite a few times where Dalton just never saw him, and it seems that's something Dalton has worked on quite a bit throughout the preseason.

I think Boyd will have more catches, as he has great hands and the ability to catch over the middle of the field.

I think Ross will have more yards. Not by much but I think he will have a better average yards per catch due to his explosiveness.

And I think Boyd will have more touchdowns.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Boyd will have more catches
Ross will have more yards
Ross will have more TDs (he's the playmaker, while Boyd has never been a TD guy in the NFL)

I'd guess Boyd will have around 55 catches for 600 yards and 4 TDs, while Ross will have 45 catches for 750 yards and 7 TDs.

Keep in mind that AJ will almost certainly get his 1200 yards. Then you have Eifert, Gio, Mixon, Kroft and others taking targets. We'll probably go for around 4000 pass yards.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Let’s not forget the pass blocking has improved enormously especially up the middle. Result: Andy dropping dimes all over the field. Amazing what he can do when he can actually step into a throw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boyd will definitely have more catches. I believe he'll be to Andy what Housh was to Carson. Ross will have more yards because of his speed. I'll leave TDs up in the air as I could see Andy going to Boyd while in the red zone while Ross gets the long ball looks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote