Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross vs. Hamilton
Marv already shot it down:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/marvin-lewis-says-there-will-be-no-football-vs-baseball-race/

Can't say I blame him. Fun idea, but if he got injured during something like this, the Bengals would look silly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Afraid of a guy getting injured running, when that's what he does for a living...
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 12:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not going to lie, I would tune in for that.

They should have a 40 yard dash followed by fastest run from 1st base to 2nd (and 3rd).

Billy's speed is unreal and never seen before in baseball. He's scored on plays he had no business scoring on.

The only guy close was Deion.  When he was a Red, he scored from first on a single, which included diving over the Catcher and touching home plate.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The woman that Mixon punched.

Ah, NO!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Do you guys really think a baseball player would even stand a chance.

I get it, Billy Hamilton is fast. But hes not as fast as the all time 40 yard dash combine record holder. Not a chance.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 09:11 PM)Gohards Wrote: Do you guys really think a baseball player would even stand a chance.

I get it, Billy Hamilton is fast. But hes not as fast as the all time 40 yard dash combine record holder. Not a chance.

I think Ross would win, but I wouldn't be so dismissive. Hamilton isn't just some random baseball player. He said he ran a 4.5 as a freshman in high school (that was the last time he ran a 40). 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 10:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Ross would win, but I wouldn't be so dismissive. Hamilton isn't just some random baseball player. He said he ran a 4.5 as a freshman in high school (that was the last time he ran a 40). 

Hes ALOT more athletic than the average baseball player. No doubt. But i think Ross would win by a good .2 seconds

Youre talking about the fastest 40 yard dasher in NFL history. And theyre running the 40.
Reply/Quote
What I pictured:
[video=youtube][/video]

What Marv pictured:
[video=youtube][/video]
Reply/Quote
It's a race I would like to see. But even the slightest nearly non-existent chance of anything bad happening makes it a no brainer for the HC. And Price would probably have said the same thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Marvin shut that down. I'm glad. Ross needs to concentrate on football. I worry he may get lured by distractions like Chad.
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 08:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Afraid of a guy getting injured running, when that's what he does for a living...

He doesn't run races for charity for a living he plays football.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:18 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He doesn't run races for charity for  a living he plays football.

Yep, and now that he's in the NFL, he'll soon learn why it has been branded as the No Fun League...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 11:22 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, and now that he's in the NFL, he'll soon learn why it has been branded as the No Fun League...

Right. Minus the football games played in quality stadiums every Sunday of the season with the best professional football players on earth.

No fun at all. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 10:51 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Marvin shut that down.  I'm glad.  Ross needs to concentrate on football.  I worry he may get lured by distractions like Chad.

He doesn't seem to be wired like Chad at all.  But I agree that there's no point in making a circus attraction out of him.

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 01:18 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Right. Minus the football games played in quality stadiums every Sunday of the season with the best professional football players on earth.

No fun at all. Mellow

To be fair, the game has been decreasing over time. With new rules that help the offense, no celebrations without getting penalized, hitting too hard is a 15 yard penalty, 5 yard penalties are automatic first downs.

I mean, even the playoffs this past year were terrible.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 08:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: To be fair, the game has been decreasing over time. With new rules that help the offense, no celebrations without getting penalized, hitting too hard is a 15 yard penalty, 5 yard penalties are automatic first downs.

I mean, even the playoffs this past year were terrible.

It's ironic about people calling a league were grown men play games for mass entertainment no fun.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2017, 10:51 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Marvin shut that down.  I'm glad.  Ross needs to concentrate on football.  I worry he may get lured by distractions like Chad.

[Image: 558939924309a2965d9803900079af58_ambitio...0-640.jpeg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2017, 08:57 PM)McC Wrote: The only guy close was Deion.  When he was a Red, he scored from first on a single, which included diving over the Catcher and touching home plate.

Quick trivia question.

Who played more seasons of Major League Baseball, Deion Sanders or Bo Jackson?

Sanders does not get enough credit for waht he did in baseball.  In 1992 he batted .304 and led the Nation league in triples (14) despite only playing about half of a season (303 at bats),  In 1997 he stole 56 bases in about three-quarters of a season (465 at bats).  He is a career .263 hitter in over 2000 major league at bats.

And made a fashion statement with high socks.

Deion Sanders is one of the greatest athletes of all time.
Reply/Quote
One of the things you miss about watching baseball on TV instead of in a stadium is the perspective of how much ground outfielders cover running down fly balls and how hard the ball is hit. Two outfielders can cover the same ground to catch a ball, but it takes a lot more speed to run down line drives than high fly balls. I never saw Sanders or Hamilton play live but I have seen highlights of them running down balls in the outfield (and making it look easy) that would be extra base hits in the gap with any other outfielders.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2017, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Quick trivia question.

Who played more seasons of Major League Baseball, Deion Sanders or Bo Jackson?

Sanders does not get enough credit for waht he did in baseball.  In 1992 he batted .304 and led the Nation league in triples (14) despite only playing about half of a season (303 at bats),  In 1997 he stole 56 bases in about three-quarters of a season (465 at bats).  He is a career .263 hitter in over 2000 major league at bats.

And made a fashion statement with high socks.

Deion Sanders is one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Agreed. He doesn't get the credit he deserves because baseball people hated him for his balancing act. I think they resented that he could be so good at baseball without devoting 100% of himself to the sport. He even played both sports in one day I believe. Only player to win a Super Bowl and appear in a World Series. Pretty sure ol' Marty hated him.
Reply/Quote