Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ross "will play again this year"
(09-28-2017, 09:15 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im sore every day, but i still go to work. Its football, these guys are supposed to be sore. If there's no damage and he's "just sore" then he can get his ass out on the field and play.

Im so damn sick on how this team continuously bungles injuries.

[Image: I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, this made me feel better after the initial pisstoffessness.

I think that lineup will be significantly better than what we have been running on the right side.

Let Fisher and Og compete at LT and let the best man win, draft a LT in the 1st next year.

It starts in the trenches people.

About Ross, i would not hurry him out there unless he is clearly ready.

I don't want him to sacrifice his career while we are 0-3 and looking on the outside of the Playoffs anyways.

The run game needs to improve and that will open up the passing game.

Mixon could take off soon if this O-line can actually open up some holes for him.

I would at least rest Ross through the bye week and see where the Bengals are by that point. If they are 0-5 or 1-4, very unlikely chance they pull off 9-10 wins to make the playoffs even with Ross. At that point, consider only playing him sparingly to learn the offense and keep him healthy heading into 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Boy did you pick the wrong team to root for.

I know all too well.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:41 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I'm gonna go against the grain and say to sit this guy out all year, get him 100%. When you're favoring one leg over another, you're asking for other injuries by running that way. It's not like the team is out of it after 3 weeks anyways. Sarcasm

Sad thing is, we would all be behind a "rest for six-eight games and be ready for the stretch run"  if they weren't in such a deep hole.  They are going to need him against pitt off the bye. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, this made me feel better after the initial pisstoffessness.

I think that lineup will be significantly better than what we have been running on the right side.

Let Fisher and Og compete at LT and let the best man win, draft a LT in the 1st next year.

It starts in the trenches people.

About Ross, i would not hurry him out there unless he is clearly ready.

I don't want him to sacrifice his career while we are 0-3 and looking on the outside of the Playoffs anyways.

The run game needs to improve and that will open up the passing game.

Mixon could take off soon if this O-line can actually open up some holes for him.

If we aren't going to have Ross, they need to get Core some snaps.  
Reply/Quote
With the impeccable track record of the Bengals medical staff, Ross will require amputation by Week 14.

This is just ridiculous. At this point, throw him on IR and try again next year. Besides, it's not like he was going to play much this year any way. People can say what they want about Marvelous Marvin playing rookies and post whatever numbers they want. Besides Green, Dalton, Burfict, most of them get a bunch of snaps on special teams and that's it.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Or OT in the first, Elflein in the second, Hunt in the third, Lawson in the fourth.

That would have been sweet

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ross will spend more time on the sidelines than on the field. Get used to that. This was not hard to predict.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Or OT in the first, Elflein in the second, Hunt in the third, Lawson in the fourth.

I just might care about this team if they did that.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That would have been sweet

To be fair, I didn't think there were very good options for LT in the 2017 draft.
But I was already prepared to move on from Ogbuehi and Fisher as OT options, so I would have tagged Whitworth and drafted either Ryan Ramczyk or Cam Robinson to play RT and then draft a LT prospect in the first round of 2018 to groom behind Whit. I would have moved Fisher or Ogbuehi to RG and kept the other as a backup OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would at least rest Ross through the bye week and see where the Bengals are by that point. If they are 0-5 or 1-4, very unlikely chance they pull off 9-10 wins to make the playoffs even with Ross. At that point, consider only playing him sparingly to learn the offense and keep him healthy heading into 2018.

Yeah, i want him 100% when he does play so he can shut some of these naysayers up.

Dude is extremely talented and played through tough injuries in college. Once he is 100% he will make a big difference.

(09-28-2017, 05:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If we aren't going to have Ross, they need to get Core some snaps.  

Yep, Core can actually get seperation, we are in the same boat as last year except luckily we have Green.

Use Core more if we can't get Ross out there soon.

He opened up the Offense late last year, he should be able to do even more with Green in there.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:41 PM)Go Cards Wrote: That would have been sweet

Trading down and taking Dalvin Cook and then going Cam Robinson in the 2nd would have been nice.
I suppose we could have traded down for Mixon too instead of Cook.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i want him 100% when he does play so he can shut some of these naysayers up.

Dude is extremely talented and played through tough injuries in college. Once he is 100% he will make a big difference.

Yep, Core can actually get seperation, we are in the same boat as last year except luckily we have Green.

Use Core more if we can't get Ross out there soon.

He opened up the Offense late last year, he should be able to do even more with Green in there.

Is he ever going to be 100%? His last injury in college was shoulder and not knee...and now he's here and his knee is sore.

Some teams totally removed him from their draft board due to injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 01:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is he ever going to be 100%? His last injury in college was shoulder and not knee...and now he's here and his knee is sore.

Some teams totally removed him from their draft board due to injuries.

I am no doctor, just know that it takes time. A sore knee won't last forever.

The injuries with Ross were my only concern with the pick. Loved the pick because he was not just speed, has tons of skills
but just like Eifert if he cannot get on the field it doesn't matter. Luckily for us Ross is just a rookie and the writing is not on
the wall with him yet unlike it seems Eifert who is made of glass.
Reply/Quote
Ross was a crappy, stupid pick. Still makes me furious to see all the talent in positions for which there was a much more dire need that we left on the table for him. I hate this franchise.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Lay off Ross. He's leading the team in Yards Per Carry.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 01:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am no doctor, just know that it takes time. A sore knee won't last forever.

The injuries with Ross were my only concern with the pick. Loved the pick because he was not just speed, has tons of skills
but just like Eifert if he cannot get on the field it doesn't matter. Luckily for us Ross is just a rookie and the writing is not on
the wall with him yet unlike it seems Eifert who is made of glass.

It could last forever as he had meniscus damage in addition to an ACL. Depending on how the meniscus was repaired. It's basically the cushion in a knee. Certain tears they can stitch it together. Others they cut it off.

In this he said he slept and his knee was stuck in a bent position. Usually that's the tear they can't repair and cut it off.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17722526/washington-huskies-receiver-john-ross-road-back-injury
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 05:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If we aren't going to have Ross, they need to get Core some snaps.  

This.  The guy has shown he can get open.  He and Andy need to get some work in together.  Let Ross heal (not the whole season) and utilize Core and develope him as a weapon.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 01:58 PM)matmaven Wrote: Lay off Ross.  He's leading the team in Yards Per Carry.

True, but 100% he touches the ball, he fumbles.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 06:02 PM)3wt Wrote: This.  The guy has shown he can get open.  He and Andy need to get some work in together.  Let Ross heal (not the whole season) and utilize Core and develope him as a weapon.

Core may not be great at route running but he sure can run the go route.

Just wish Dalton had enough time to get him the ball.

Slants and Go's is what we need from Core. Then hit Green on the 20 yard post routes.

Then give Kroft some middle TE screens and use Mixon and Gio in the game at the same time.

Offense fixed. Sarcasm

But seriously this might help out the O-line some.

(09-29-2017, 06:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: True, but 100% he touches the ball, he fumbles.

Lol, you are both correct.

Damn, need to see more of Ross, this stuff kills me.
Reply/Quote