Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Evaluation from a cap perspective
(11-17-2019, 03:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I pasted the wrong thing. Sometimes it doesnt copy.

Although...the Bengals do tend to choose QBs that take a lot of college snaps. So that bodes well for Herbert.

Akili Smith disagrees . Given tua’s injury I wouldn’t want to see the bengals trade back any further than 4th. Young, burrow, Herbert (if worthy) and the Georgia tackle.

I think okudah will be a good pro but not a position we take at 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a very stupid idea.  If we had young guys who were playing well then it would be fine to get rid of the old guys.

But when ALL THE PLAYERS are doing poorly it is the coaches instead of the players.

Do any of you realize how long it would take to re-create a entire 53 man roster?

At first I was thinking it was the player but the more the season moves along the more I see the main issue, coaching. 

Looking back at last year, the offense was effective, not perfect but was what kept the Bengals in the game as the defense was horrible. Once ML took over the defensive play calling it was to late into the season to really fix the defense. He did what he could and helped stop the bleeding.

IMO, when it comes to planning and coaching up players I believe ML is better than ZT. ZT got his job not because of what he did as a OC, because he has never been one for a full season, but because of what McVay team did when he was a coach within that organization. 

Just because someone performs well as an employee does not mean you should promote them to the boss. IMO, ZT shouldn't have been promoted to a HC. IMO, the Bengals should have gone after an experienced OC or former HC. Than maybe bring in a young gun like ZT as the OC. 

IMO, until the team cut ties with ZT I don't think the Bengals will have a winning season. I hope ZT proves me wrong, but from what I am seeing, IMO he isn't ready for the HC job. Similar to Kyle Shannan and his first going as a HC. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 09:54 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Maybe Tua falls to the 2nd round now because of his injury? Can you imagine taking Young in the 1st and Tua in the 2nd?? Still a bunch of LB's and OL's away from being good, but that would be a great start.

Tiger
                You sure are placing a lot faith in medical science. Tua in all probability is done forever. People are talking a career ender. I wouldn't consider taking Tua as an unsigned rookie FA.

Now if you want to take Jalen Hurts in the 2nd I'm listening...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 07:44 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger
                You sure are placing a lot faith in medical science. Tua in all probability is done forever. People are talking a career ender. I wouldn't consider taking Tua as an unsigned rookie FA.

Now if you want to take Jalen Hurts in the 2nd I'm listening...

Tua will be fine. Maybe not 2nd round fine, but he will drafted before the 4th round. 

I do like your Jalen Hurts idea though. I think he will be a good one as well. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2019, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a very stupid idea.  If we had young guys who were playing well then it would be fine to get rid of the old guys.

But when ALL THE PLAYERS are doing poorly it is the coaches instead of the players.

Do any of you realize how long it would take to re-create a entire 53 man roster?

I agree 100%.

But Hobspin says that Taylor is making friends in the front office and he's easy to get along with.

I guess wins are lower on Mike Brown's priority list.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2019, 12:48 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: At first I was thinking it was the player but the more the season moves along the more I see the main issue, coaching. 

Looking back at last year, the offense was effective, not perfect but was what kept the Bengals in the game as the defense was horrible. Once ML took over the defensive play calling it was to late into the season to really fix the defense. He did what he could and helped stop the bleeding.

IMO, when it comes to planning and coaching up players I believe ML is better than ZT. ZT got his job not because of what he did as a OC, because he has never been one for a full season, but because of what McVay team did when he was a coach within that organization. 

Just because someone performs well as an employee does not mean you should promote them to the boss. IMO, ZT shouldn't have been promoted to a HC. IMO, the Bengals should have gone after an experienced OC or former HC. Than maybe bring in a young gun like ZT as the OC. 

IMO, until the team cut ties with ZT I don't think the Bengals will have a winning season. I hope ZT proves me wrong, but from what I am seeing, IMO he isn't ready for the HC job. Similar to Kyle Shannan and his first going as a HC. 

I doubt any NFL team would have even hired Taylor as an OC...and we made him HC and OC.

Doesn't matter though as there won't be coaching changes. This season will be blamed on injuries and learning a new scheme.
Reply/Quote