Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Surprises the Rest of the Way?
Heading into the final preseason game, do you see any legit roster surprises?

The guys we expected to play well and keep or earn jobs did.

Cutting Iloka might have made it possible for us to keep Trayvon Henderson on the 53. He's our most impressive rookie DB by far IMHO. Otherwise, I don't see any surprises.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:27 AM)Shady Wrote: Heading into the final preseason, do you see any legit roster surprises?  

Cutting Iloka might have made it possible for us to keep Trayvon Henderson on the 53. He's our most impressive rookie DB by far IMHO. Otherwise, I don't see any surprises.

I think OG may make the 53 roster after his performance today
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 01:27 AM)Shady Wrote: Heading into the final preseason, do you see any legit roster surprises?  

Think you nailed it.  One of our draft pick DBs and Walton both got nicked up yesterday, and that might allow them to stash them on PUP or IR, depending on severity.  Henderson is a very good depth/developmental player and I think you are right that he will find a way on the roster. 

I feel bad for Hill and Carson.  Both seem to play better than guys in front of them and never get much of a chance.  I bet one or both of them light up Indy in next weeks "most meaningless game".

Fat Randy solidified his already solid spot.  I am not sure which LB ends up making it, but they aren't going to cut Jefferson.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Fat Randy solidified his already solid spot. 

Right..... I know some people love Browns leg, but I just don't see how anyone can legitimately complain about Bullock. He's about as solid as it gets in the kicking game...
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right..... I know some people love Browns leg, but I just don't see how anyone can legitimately complain about Bullock. He's about as solid as it gets in the kicking game...

As far as the kicking game goes, whether fans wanted Brown or not, we are not going to get him. Marvin made that abundantly clear when the gave Randy all the kicks in the first half.

Even if Brown goes 4/4 in the final game with longs of 55 and 57, they'd still go with Randy.

I just hope we don't regret that the same way we did with Elliot.
Reply/Quote

Was he #24, the guy getting those DPIs?  If so, I have a different opinion of his potential of making the team.  I thought he looked bad in coverage, trying to play the man's face, like in college, rather than playing the ball like a pro.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:29 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: As far as the kicking game goes, whether fans wanted Brown or not, we are not going to get him. Marvin made that abundantly clear when the gave Randy all the kicks in the first half.

Even if Brown goes 4/4 in the final game with longs of 55 and 57, they'd still go with Randy.

I just hope we don't regret that the same way we did with Elliot.

I think Brown will be available even if he isn't placed on PS because he has no regular season NFL experience.  But one never knows.  

You cannot ask more from Bullock, he has done well.  I just do not like the flight of his kicks and I worry about leg strength on kick offs and under weather conditions.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Was he #24, the guy getting those DPIs?  If so, I have a different opinion of his potential of making the team.  I thought he looked bad in coverage, trying to play the man's face, like in college, rather than playing the ball like a pro.

I think his number is 41 but not sure.  He looked good to me.  Henderson played for Hawaii I believe.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:36 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think his number is 41 but not sure.  He looked good to me.  Henderson played for Hawaii I believe.  

Correct, and yes he did. He actually has looked good all preseason, I like him over Shaw and Wilson but with Illoka gone I doubt we go that young at Safety.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:36 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think his number is 41 but not sure.  He looked good to me.  Henderson played for Hawaii I believe.  

(08-27-2018, 08:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: Correct, and yes he did. He actually has looked good all preseason, I like him over Shaw and Wilson but with Illoka gone I doubt we go that young at Safety.

My mistake.  Whomever #24 is, sure doesn't look like he's ready to make the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: My mistake.  Whomever #24 is, sure doesn't look like he's ready to make the team.

I think it was Goodwin but not sure.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Think you nailed it.  One of our draft pick DBs and Walton both got nicked up yesterday, and that might allow them to stash them on PUP or IR, depending on severity.  Henderson is a very good depth/developmental player and I think you are right that he will find a way on the roster. 

I feel bad for Hill and Carson.  Both seem to play better than guys in front of them and never get much of a chance.  I bet one or both of them light up Indy in next weeks "most meaningless game".

Fat Randy solidified his already solid spot.  I am not sure which LB ends up making it, but they aren't going to cut Jefferson.

Can't be placed on PUP.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
The way things have gone this offseason, mainly good, very unBengal like and out of MB's wheel house. Another veteran cut wouldn't shock me at all.

I still feel MJ's job is very much on the line. I could be wrong ? Ogbuehi is probably safe we just don't have anybody stepping up.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 08:29 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I just hope we don't regret that the same way we did with Elliot.

Elliot missed 2 extra points in three post season games.  During the season he missed 3 kicks shorter than 40 yards.  Don't know why so many people think he is amazing.
Reply/Quote
Tony McRae gets promoted.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Elliot missed 2 extra points in three post season games.  During the season he missed 3 kicks shorter than 40 yards.  Don't know why so many people think he is amazing.

Because the Bengals cut him. Therefore he is otherworldly. Didnt you know 83% fg efficiency is better then 90%?!

Will Elliot go on to have a better career? It's certainly possible. But last year did nothing to prove that.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Elliot missed 2 extra points in three post season games.  During the season he missed 3 kicks shorter than 40 yards.  Don't know why so many people think he is amazing.

Regular season:
12-13 from 40+. 5-6 from 50+. 

Post Season:
7-7 total, 3-3 from 40+ (1 of which was 50+)

Don't know why so many people refuse to just acknowledge that he's a good kicker.
Reply/Quote
Roster surprise? Shouldn't have been a surprise but due to the camp hype and first preseason game cutting Tate would be.

His roster spot isn't as safe as it was two weeks ago. I think his light has dimmed some, and it's likely he can make it to the practice squad now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 09:35 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Regular season:
12-13 from 40+. 5-6 from 50+. 

Post Season:
7-7 total, 3-3 from 40+ (1 of which was 50+)

Don't know why so many people refuse to just acknowledge that he's a good kicker.

Don't know why so many people think Bullock is bad when he hit 90% last year.

Elliot has a little more leg, but tends to shank chip shots.  He doesn't make me "regret" going with Bullock.
Reply/Quote
I still think we may sign an O-lineman who gets released from another team.
Reply/Quote