Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster Update 10/3
At long last Drew Sample is placed on IR.

No other moves as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 11:49 AM)pally Wrote: At long last Drew Sample is placed on IR.

No other moves as of yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I just want to say thank you and other members for keeping me update. I live in Naples now and basically lost communication until Today since last Wednesday afternoon. No cell service, internet, TV or power until my new generator was fixed 2 days after the storm.

The times I was able to drive and get cell and internet, I looked in this forum for the latest news. As always, I went to your threads for updates.

I am not complaining in anyway, I am finding out just how lucky we were compared to others. I felt sorry for our neighbors who have 2 electric vehicles not charged and had to wait 5 days (today) to use them again. My wife and I took them places, but it was scary down here during and a day after the storm. 

We were told to evacuate 1.5 hours before the storm surge last week. By that time, it was to late because their were tornadoes hitting all around us (prior to the storm surge and we saw on TV so we decided the safest place for us was our new house built in 2021 with hurricane impact doors and windows and hurricane shutters. We thought we would have power, but it stopped working within 30 minutes of kicking on.

We did not anticipate losing cell service for 4 days.

But, our hearts go out to those who lost their lives and for so many who lost all of their worldly possessions. Again, we were lucky.

I am rambling on too much, it is nice to be able to simply go this forum and post.

God Bless you all and thanks for the Bengals updates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This probably doesn't belong here, but I have a feeling that Bengals are looking hard at that Notre Dame tight end.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm glad you're safe Luvnit2. We're in Cape Coral went through the eye of the storm. We didn't have flooding, thank goodness, but we just got power last night and water about 30 minutes ago. We stayed for the storm, but then left to go to West Palm since we were out of power. We're coming back Wednesday.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just want to say thank you and other members for keeping me update. I live in Naples now and basically lost communication until Today since last Wednesday afternoon. No cell service, internet, TV or power until my new generator was fixed 2 days after the storm.

The times I was able to drive and get cell and internet, I looked in this forum for the latest news. As always, I went to your threads for updates.

I am not complaining in anyway, I am finding out just how lucky we were compared to others. I felt sorry for our neighbors who have 2 electric vehicles not charged and had to wait 5 days (today) to use them again. My wife and I took them places, but it was scary down here during and a day after the storm. 

We were told to evacuate 1.5 hours before the storm surge last week. By that time, it was to late because their were tornadoes hitting all around us (prior to the storm surge and we saw on TV so we decided the safest place for us was our new house built in 2021 with hurricane impact doors and windows and hurricane shutters. We thought we would have power, but it stopped working within 30 minutes of kicking on.

But, our hearts go out to those who lost their lives and for so many who lost all of their worldly possessions. Again, we were lucky.

I am rambling on too much, it is nice to be able to simply go this forum and post.

Glad that you made it through safely.  I have friends down in Port Charlotte, and their situation sounded very similar to yours.

On another note, why did the NEW generator require fixing??

Back on topic, go Bengals transactions!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 04:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Glad that you made it through safely.  I have friends down in Port Charlotte, and their situation sounded very similar to yours.

On another note, why did the NEW generator require fixing??

Back on topic, go Bengals transactions!

It was so hectic out here, but it stopped working so I drove about an hour to find cell service the day after the storm. I live 90 miles from Miami. I finally got a live person and asked them if they could walk me through some type of reset. Or get me someone who could. He was no help. So, I  asked for service call. We did not hear anything by Friday and has cell calling ability again in the afternoon. I got someone online, walked outside and within 2 minutes had generator running. We lost all of freezer and refrigerated food, but at least we had A/C again.

Then, 20 minutes after I get it restarted they show up to fix it. I asked then what happened, they said they had no idea, but they had been fixing generators for 18 hours a day since the morning after the storm. Most like ours could have been fixed with a phone call.

TY for your concern.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 04:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just want to say thank you and other members for keeping me update. I live in Naples now and basically lost communication until Today since last Wednesday afternoon. No cell service, internet, TV or power until my new generator was fixed 2 days after the storm.

Glad everything is ok.

And I hope Sample pulls through with no issues. But his time as a Bengal might very well be nearing it's end.
Reply/Quote

Glad you are ok.  That might have been the worst hurricane I've ever seen to prepare for.  
Reply/Quote