Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Roster Updates
Expect XSF to start this week on the right side. It looks like that puts Mike Thomas as the 4th WR. Tate has an injured shoulder and is expected to need surgery. Expect him to miss the rest of the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 02:48 PM)pally Wrote: Expect XSF to start this week on the right side.  It looks like that puts Mike Thomas as the 4th WR.  Tate has an injured shoulder and is expected to need surgery.  Expect him to miss the rest of the season

If that's what happens to Tate, it's been a pretty rough season for him.
Active for 9 games and only able to amount 150 yards, 0 TDs.
If the team moves on from both Green and Ross (expected), they can't go into the season with Tate as the planned WR3.
Which is a shame, as I was really hoping he'd build on the year he had last year and show he deserves that spot going into 2021.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 03:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that's what happens to Tate, it's been a pretty rough season for him.
Active for 9 games and only able to amount 150 yards, 0 TDs.
If the team moves on from both Green and Ross (expected), they can't go into the season with Tate as the planned WR3.
Which is a shame, as I was really hoping he'd build on the year he had last year and show he deserves that spot going into 2021.

Yeah, I thought Tate might have the potential to be #3 and put up similar numbers to a Mo Sanu, but it just doesn’t seem like it’s going to happen at this point. Between injuries and inconsistent play, we can’t be comfortable with him as anything but a 4/5 going forward. WR is a big need.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Is Clark Harris banged up or are they looking to next year for the long snapper needs?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
That Tate hype train derailed before it could even properly leave the station.

Need to get another legit pass catching threat (WR or TE) in the offseason. Can't go into 2021 with just Boyd and Higgins.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 03:48 PM)corpjet Wrote: Is Clark Harris banged up or are they looking to next year for the long snapper needs?

or perhaps having an insurance policy in case of another COVID issue.  That is why the 2nd kicker remains on the roster

Reply/Quote
I'm hoping we finally get a chance to see Williams-Spain-Hopkins-XSF-Hart.
I think this is the best OL, so I hope they don't prove me wrong.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm hoping we finally get a chance to see Williams-Spain-Hopkins-XSF-Hart.
I think this is the best OL, so I hope they don't prove me wrong.

they may be proving you wrong...I hope not though

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 04:30 PM)pally Wrote: they may be proving you wrong...I hope not though

This team...I swear....
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: This team...I swear....

No shit, I was as excited as you to see that lineup. They surely can't just trot Jordan out there with better options? Wtf?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 04:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That Tate hype train derailed before it could even properly leave the station.

Need to get another legit pass catching threat (WR or TE) in the offseason. Can't go into 2021 with just Boyd and Higgins.

As much as I would love Sewell, I think a trade-down might be a better option to help get more early-round picks. This team has too many spots that need upgraded, and just 7 draft picks and a mid-to-lower tier FA or two isn't going to cut it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as I would love Sewell, I think a trade-down might be a better option to help get more early-round picks. This team has too many spots that need upgraded, and just 7 draft picks and a mid-to-lower tier FA or two isn't going to cut it.

I think trading down is only good if you're not in a position to get a true blue chip prospect with All-Pro talent like Sewell or Chase.

Doubly so when you have a clown show FO like the Bengals who will end up taking those picks they get, packaging them together and trading up to draft another Ryan Finley.

You have a chance to get a huge big time talent, you gotta take it. Otherwise you'll look like the Browns passing up on Julio Jones.

The more decisions and unknowns you ask this FO to handle, the more you're setting yourself up for failure. 

- - - - -

Remember they already sort of tried that route by getting Billy Price and Cordy Glenn rather than just choosing Frank Ragnow.

Let the Bengals think about their pick and they'll out-think themsevles.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: As much as I would love Sewell, I think a trade-down might be a better option to help get more early-round picks. This team has too many spots that need upgraded, and just 7 draft picks and a mid-to-lower tier FA or two isn't going to cut it.

You’re not fixing this team in one draft regardless how many picks you have. They also need to keep being aggressive in FA and prove it wasn’t a one time thing. More signings like Reader, and less like XSF.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 05:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think trading down is only good if you're not in a position to get a true blue chip prospect with All-Pro talent like Sewell or Chase.

Doubly so when you have a clown show FO like the Bengals who will end up taking those picks they get, packaging them together and trading up to draft another Ryan Finley.

You have a chance to get a huge big time talent, you gotta take it. Otherwise you'll look like the Browns passing up on Julio Jones.

The more decisions and unknowns you ask this FO to handle, the more you're setting yourself up for failure. 

- - - - -

Remember they already sort of tried that route by getting Billy Price and Cordy Glenn rather than just choosing Frank Ragnow.

Let the Bengals think about their pick and they'll out-think themsevles.

I totally get your point. Quite a few times they've traded back, it's resulted in more picks but mostly not great picks.
So if you have the can't miss prospect fall into your lap, you should take, especially with this staff that seems to not develop talent very well.

But on the flip side, if you only get 1-2 upgrades each offseason, it's going to take so many years to get back to being a contender. The fanbase is clearly restless after not having a winning record for 5 seasons now, so good luck trying to get the fanbase to buy into a 3+ year rebuild. 
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 05:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re not fixing this team in one draft regardless how many picks you have. They also need to keep being aggressive in FA and prove it wasn’t a one time thing. More signings like Reader, and less like XSF.

They don't have the cap space to get a bunch of guys like Reader. They might be able to get 1 this offseason, but not more.
I know that in a typical draft teams only walk away with about 2-3 upgrades, so the entire team can't be fixed with one draft. But if, for example, you can get an extra 1st and an extra 2nd, that's potentially 2 more upgrades.

I personally don't expect any upgrade to come on offense/defense within the first couple years from a draft pick on Day 3, so I want as many Day 1 and Day 2 picks as possible.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They don't have the cap space to get a bunch of guys like Reader. They might be able to get 1 this offseason, but not more.
I know that in a typical draft teams only walk away with about 2-3 upgrades, so the entire team can't be fixed with one draft. But if, for example, you can get an extra 1st and an extra 2nd, that's potentially 2 more upgrades.

I personally don't expect any upgrade to come on offense/defense within the first couple years from a draft pick on Day 3, so I want as many Day 1 and Day 2 picks as possible.

If the one big FA is one of the best OG’s on the market that will go a long way to improving the team. Burrow kept us in most games, and if he gets better OL play he might actually start winning some of them.

It’s also kind of hard to talk about cap space until we know if they’re going to cut certain players or re-sign certain players.

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If the one big FA is one of the best OG’s on the market that will go a long way to improving the team. Burrow kept us in most games, and if he gets better OL play he might actually start winning some of them.

It’s also kind of hard to talk about cap space until we know if they’re going to cut certain players or re-sign certain players.

I mean yea, but what else is there to do on a message board between now and then when dealing with a miserable team? lol
About the only enjoyable thing is looking at possible offseason plan.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't know who is to blame for Tate's disappointing season. When they dedicated themselves to get him involved he produced.

We need him next year with Green and Ross gone.

Hopefully he becomes what we hope he can be in this offense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 03:48 PM)corpjet Wrote: Is Clark Harris banged up or are they looking to next year for the long snapper needs?

turns out Clark is sick and didn't practice so it does make sense to sign someone in that infamous "preponderance of caution"

Reply/Quote