Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster change 9/6
Winston Rose cut from practice squad

Mike Daniels signed to PS...I expect him on the active roster before too long

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I liked what I saw from Winston Rose against the Phins had 2 breakups in a row and looked pretty solid.

But hey, if it isn't him it would have to be someone else I liked.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I liked what I saw from Winston Rose against the Phins had 2 breakups in a row and looked pretty solid.

But hey, if it isn't him it would have to be someone else I liked.

Maybe could have dropped Tony Brown instead...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 01:48 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Maybe could have dropped Tony Brown instead...

Actually that is what I would of done. Tony Brown struggled quite a bit this Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Actually that is what I would of done. Tony Brown struggled quite a bit this Preseason.

I’m guessing Brown has some special teams value that Rose just wasn’t matching.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 01:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m guessing Brown has some special teams value that Rose just wasn’t matching.

Yeah, that and he is much more experienced playing in the NFL must of gave Tony the nod.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 01:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m guessing Brown has some special teams value that Rose just wasn’t matching.

Upon reading a little of their bios, I'm not against keeping Brown over Rose.  At 27, Rose spent 3 years in the CFL has only one year of NFL experience.  Brown, who already has 4 NFL years at 26, played 4 years under Nick Saban with a National Championship to show for it, and was considered one of the fastest sprinters in the country during both high school and college.  I'm guessing there is a little more upside for Brown.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 02:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Upon reading a little of their bios, I'm not against keeping Brown over Rose.  At 27, Rose spent 3 years in the CFL has only one year of NFL experience.  Brown, who already has 4 NFL years at 26, played 4 years under Nick Saban with a National Championship to show for it, and was considered one of the fastest sprinters in the country during both high school and college.  I'm guessing there is a little more upside for Brown.

It was a tough move no doubt. Just saw Rose playing better than Brown this Preseason is all. 

Brown is younger didn't realize that. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
Why do they refuse to get rid of Tony Brown? DUDE IS the worst DB I ever watched play... Downright borrible..
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 02:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Why do they refuse to get rid of Tony Brown? DUDE IS the worst DB I ever watched play... Downright borrible..

I dont quite understand Practice Squad eligibilty....I though after a certaim amount of yrs in NFL, you cant be put on PS?. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 06:04 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I dont quite understand Practice Squad eligibilty....I though after a certaim amount of yrs in NFL, you cant be put on PS?. 

Last season the rules changed.  Now they can have up to 6 players with 2 or more accrued seasons.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2021, 02:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Why do they refuse to get rid of Tony Brown? DUDE IS the worst DB I ever watched play... Downright borrible..

Eh, LeShaun Sims raises his hand...
Reply/Quote
Mike Daniels is signed to the practice squad, Winston Rose let go.  I guess they let Daniels see if he could catch on anywhere. He's good depth for the line. On edit: nevermind, I see it is already posted. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm another person who would've liked to see Winston Rose stick around. I always have a soft spot for ex-CFL guys or others who have some other sort of experience.

Reply/Quote