Allen George

Released
Thad Moss

Look for George to be signed to the PS tomorrow after he clears waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Come on! Thad Moss was just about to breakout! /s
Reply/Quote
Maybe finally getting to play with Burrow wasnt good for Moss. Until he got to play with Burrow there was always going to be a team that signed him.

Now that ppl have seen he’s mid even with Joe Burrow i think his career may be over in the NFL.

No sympathy from me either. We’ve carried 3 TEs the last couple years and our 3rd TE is ALWAYS a bum. If you can’t get PT as our 3rd TE you just aren’t a good TE
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Thought Thad was our best TE in the Preseason. Oh well, guess the coaches don't think he can provide much.
Reply/Quote
Going heavy at TE and RB...

Interesting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought Thad was our best TE in the Preseason. Oh well, guess the coaches don't think he can provide much.

thats not saying much considering he considering Mitch Wilcox was injured in the first series of the first preseason game and Hurst and Sample didn't play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 12:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Maybe finally getting to play with Burrow wasnt good for Moss. Until he got to play with Burrow there was always going to be a team that signed him.

Now that ppl have seen he’s mid even with Joe Burrow i think his career may be over in the NFL.

No sympathy from me either. We’ve carried 3 TEs the last couple years and our 3rd TE is ALWAYS a bum. If you can’t get PT as our 3rd TE you just aren’t a good TE

Did he ever actually play with Burrow? 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:34 PM)pally Wrote: thats not saying much considering he considering Mitch Wilcox was injured in the first series of the first preseason game and Hurst and Sample didn't play

True, just saying I saw something from him for the first time as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought Thad was our best TE in the Preseason. Oh well, guess the coaches don't think he can provide much.

I think that wide-open drop was huge. He was on the edge between staying and going and a good catch and run might have been enough to keep him around. But he didn't have much margin for error, especially after the holds.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think that wide-open drop was huge. He was on the edge between staying and going and a good catch and run might have been enough to keep him around. But he didn't have much margin for error, especially after the holds.

Probably right, the bad drop along with the penalties done him in. He should of had a TD though, I didn't think that was a 
push off in that one game. Even the announcer that was a player on the Giants said the same thing if I am remembering 
correctly.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:45 PM)Nepa Wrote: I think that wide-open drop was huge. He was on the edge between staying and going and a good catch and run might have been enough to keep him around. But he didn't have much margin for error, especially after the holds.

You beat me to it.

I doubt they judge players on one play.....but. I'm sure dropping a wide open catch that hit him in the numbers didn't help his cause. 

Somebody may pick him up for their PS ? But if I had to guess I'd say his time in the NFL is coming to an end. The athleticism just isn't there.
Reply/Quote
This makes Chris Evans very happy.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 01:35 PM)TheFan Wrote: Did he ever actually play with Burrow? 

Yes. At LSU…
Reply/Quote
I agree that he doesn’t seem to have the required athleticism to be a good TE (guess that apple fell far away from the tree)

Still he’s not the former Burrow/Chase LSU teammate I would have cut - I think Shelvin is just a worthless DT.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 05:15 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I agree that he doesn’t seem to have the required athleticism to be a good TE (guess that apple fell far away from the tree)

Still he’s not the former Burrow/Chase LSU teammate I would have cut - I think Shelvin is just a worthless DT.

They cut Shelvin.

Reply/Quote
If Thad Moss wasn't Burrow teammate at LSU or last name Moss... I'm not sure he would of stuck around half as long.

Good luck in your next opportunity Moss.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 02:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  At LSU…

Obviously lol I meant in the NFL. 

This was in response to Housh who said "Maybe finally getting to play with Burrow wasnt good for Moss. Until he got to play with Burrow there was always going to be a team that signed him.

Now that ppl have seen he’s mid even with Joe Burrow i think his career may be over in the NFL"
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 05:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They cut Shelvin.

Perhaps he meant from the PS. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps he meant from the PS. 

In that case I would agree, he hasn’t even earned that.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: If Thad Moss wasn't Burrow teammate at LSU or last name Moss... I'm not sure he would of stuck around half as long.

Good luck in your next opportunity Moss.

You’re assuming that he gets another opportunity. I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t. We aren’t very deep at TE, and we have him tons of chances. He still couldn’t make it above 5th on the depth chart. He just doesn’t have it, and if he does get another chance, it will only be because of his last name.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote