Joe Burrow with Chiefs helmet.
Little Joe Burrow with his mom. 

[Image: FKMqkQYXwAAtAeB?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
gross
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Owned them then, too. Even if it was just one of their helmets. Now, it is their souls.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
he doesn't look happy

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We all make mistakes.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Maybe he was a Tony Gonzalez fan.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:31 PM)Interceptor Wrote: We all make mistakes.

At what age do we forgive him?  Mellow

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: At what age do we forgive him?  Mellow

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Never!  It should still be an albatross around his neck when he's 90, with three marbles in his head and gumming his food!  

Or something.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:59 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: At what age do we forgive him?  Mellow

That moment he signed with the Bengals.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

I'll start giving that notion a thought after he gets us a 4th Lombardi
Reply/Quote
If they lose this photo is gonna be all over ESPN lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
His mom looks like a girl I once messed with in college.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
I think maybe Joe's dad is kind of trolling Joe with it as a joke.  Looking at the twitter account he posted the same picture before last year's AFC Championship game.    The captions are different though.  This years:

https://twitter.com/CoachBurrow/status/1618956524499439616

Quote:Joe watching an Iowa  Barnstormer game with his Mom . Won’t be wearing that helmet Sunday. Who Dey

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I'm sure it was different for him, but when I was a kid the Sears catalog only had like 2 different NFL team helmets to choose from. They NEVER had the Bengals.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If I were Joe's age, it would have been hard to pull for the Bengals. For many of those years they sucked!

One of my favorite memories of Burrow is when all the sports commentators scoffed at him going to the Bengals and believing he'd turned the franchise around. How'd that work out?

I don't care what team he rooted for as a kid or even as a college student. I most definitely DO care that he signs a long term contract in the coming months.

As a kid, I went to World Series in '70, '72, '75, and '76. I was very much used to the Reds kicking ass.

Never in my dreams did I imagine the Bengals doing that, but here we are.
Reply/Quote
Looks as if he already knew they would be changing the stadium name to Burrowhead even back then.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sure it was different for him, but when I was a kid the Sears catalog only had like 2 different NFL team helmets to choose from. They NEVER had the Bengals.

Yeah, it was always the same 10 or 12 teams (Bears, Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, etc.  All the front-runner teams).  Reminds me of my cousin and the Lions coat.  He was (is) a huge Lions fan, so one year for Christmas back in the late '80s/early '90s he asked for a Lions coat.  My aunt looked everywhere around here but of course SW Ohio was the wrong place to look for such a thing.  The interwebs weren't yet an option, so she found what she thought was a nice coat in the Sears or Penny's catalog and ordered that.  Come Christmas morning, my cousin opens his gift to find an Eagles coat.  My aunt said the teams offered were few, and her logic was that, heck, green is pretty close to blue, and one animal is pretty much like another LOL  The coat hung unworn and in mint condition in a closet for years before she donated it to Goodwill or something.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 04:08 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm sure it was different for him, but when I was a kid the Sears catalog only had like 2 different NFL team helmets to choose from. They NEVER had the Bengals.

Yeah, but the panties and bra ads were something to behold for all young boys from age 6 and up.. I was luckier than most..My dad was an advertising guy for Rikes in Dayton so we always got the best panties and bra ads in glossy color ads.. Screw Sears! LOL.. I suppose I should mention that I was a young perv back then. Now I'm just an old perv destined to become a raincoat wearing flasher..Look for me in your grocers freezer..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote